Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by City2State2Fed View Post
    For the duty station they just read me my choices. For the PFT2, I was told I had the choice between West Virginia or Vermont. I originally chose West Virginia, but due to a scheduling conflict I requested a different date than what was chosen for me, and the only date left available was in Plattsburgh (which I didn't even know was an option). I'm assuming that they just say Vermont because Plattsburgh is close to Vermont? I have no idea! Lol
    Thanks for the response. My first interest was JFK as well but I dont think I can deal with living expenses. So kind of hoping for Philly,Virginia, ect....
    Geo Central East Coast
    10/26/13 Took the test
    11/06/13 Passed Written test
    03/31/14 Received TSL
    04/09/14 Did medical and fitness test
    06/05/14 Did the VBT& SI interview
    06/13/14 Received BI paperwork
    07/10/14 Polygraph Test (inclonclusive) part 2 08/22/2014

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NMPD128 View Post
      Thanks for the response. My first interest was JFK as well but I dont think I can deal with living expenses. So kind of hoping for Philly,Virginia, ect....
      Living on the Island and surrounding areas is very expensive. We pay $1600 a month for a 1 bedroom. From what I understand, VA, MD, and Newark are not that much better from the research I did. However, this all depends on your family size and requirements.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NMPD128 View Post
        Jade, when you get your call soon please listen to all your choices to give us a heads up. And are you going for JFK?
        Dulles, I hope I can get it. It looks like I might hear something in August or Sept, but never know. It has been 5 days since my case has been in the adjudication branch. I will keep you posted and once I hear the call, I will listen to the end so I can let you know.
        Last edited by Jade78; 07-07-2014, 04:59 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
          89 work days?
          Because I'm there from August 18th to December 30th.
          Over 4 months.
          I was reading some of your past posts Merlin from years ago, and you were very informative about FLETC, do you know of any new changes to FLETC? Thank you so much in advance.



          I'll come see you graduate as long as I'm not doing something important at FLETC myself!

          89 work days...if you prefer.

          08/18 to 12/30 is 91 work days, once you cull out the weekends and Labor Lay, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas. I'm guessing that somebody in scheduling is betting on the Friday after Thanksgiving and the Friday after Christmas being declared as "days off" as well...giving your class 89 training days.

          Off the top of my head, I can't think of any "new" changes to FLETC. However, both the agency and the academy are under constant flux and subject to continual evolution and adjustment.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cur679 View Post
            City2, did you apply to the NE region? As a NE applicant, I'm wondering what are the typical duty locations for the NE.

            Thanks

            EDIT-What I mean is that I know what the NE region consists, but from the list, what are the most common duty locations CBP offers?
            My guess...
            Buffalo, by far.
            Champlain
            A-Bay

            After that, it'll get much more iffy.

            Massena
            Trout River
            Ogdensburg

            The rest are 3-20 man ports. Maybe they're in the running for new hires...maybe not.
            Last edited by merlin436; 07-07-2014, 08:08 PM. Reason: I left out Massena...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cur679 View Post
              City2, did you apply to the NE region? As a NE applicant, I'm wondering what are the typical duty locations for the NE.

              Thanks

              EDIT-What I mean is that I know what the NE region consists, but from the list, what are the most common duty locations CBP offers?
              I applied for Central East Coast and I honestly have no idea what the common duty locations CBP offers in the NE region. I honestly thought JFK was a big one (for central east coast that is), but I haven't read a lot of people going there on this forum.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NMPD128 View Post
                Thanks for the response. My first interest was JFK as well but I dont think I can deal with living expenses. So kind of hoping for Philly,Virginia, ect....
                Where do you currently live? I live in queens so I was really hoping for JFK. I know a lot of people don't want NY because of the living expenses, but as NYJRM10 said I don't think it's much different for any other major metropolitan city. I pay $1,500 for a one bedroom and I currently make what I'll be making starting at CBP. I actually took a pay cut for my current job I'm employed at because I knew the job I took would be better law enforcement experience to get Federal jobs. It was hard once I took the pay cut, but then again I don't have a family to raise or a mortgage. As a single person, it's much easier to sacrifice. Living in one of the 5 boroughs, Long Island or westchester long term with a family definitely requires two incomes.

                I do know a girl who moved from a small town in PA to queens, NY at my current job. Her boyfriend couldn't find work right away and making about $40k she managed to support both of them for the first few months AND save money. It's possible but as others have pointed out, it all comes down to family size and requirements.

                Comment


                • What is the Spanish training? It says I'm there August 14 - December 23. Will I have to stay an extra six weeks for Spanish? Will it be integrated into that time? Will I be immersed when I come back?
                  Geo: SWB
                  CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                  NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                  TSL - 01/31/14
                  Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                  VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                  BI - 03/15/14
                  Poly - 04/30/14
                  BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                  Drug Test - 06/26/14
                  The Call - 06/26/14
                  PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                  EOD - 07/14/14
                  Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

                  Comment


                  • Additional NE hires...

                    100 for Buffalo

                    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...sings-20140331

                    5 in Highgate, 5 in Derby Line, VT. 20 additional hires in Champlain.

                    http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/sto...K0G0DOPJad46ag

                    20 new hires to A-Bay

                    http://owens.house.gov/news/document...umentID=375264

                    Massena and Ogdensburg may get more...

                    http://northcountrynow.com/news/ogde...ficers-0111782

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by City2State2Fed View Post
                      I applied for Central East Coast and I honestly have no idea what the common duty locations CBP offers in the NE region. I honestly thought JFK was a big one (for central east coast that is), but I haven't read a lot of people going there on this forum.
                      I applied for the NE not knowing that JFK wasn't included in that region I live 20 mins away from JFK and I just submitted my eqip and prints on the 24th of June. Im in a tough spot because not only will I be taking a big pay cut but who knows where I will end up as far as the NE ports go.
                      Last edited by perpwatcher; 07-07-2014, 08:22 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by perpwatcher View Post
                        I applied for the NE not knowing that JFK wasn't included in that region I live 20 mins away from JFK and I just submitted my eqip and prints on the 24th of June. Im in a tough spot because not only will I be taking a big pay cut but who knows where I will end up as far as the NE ports go.
                        That sucks, but if you really want JFK, I don't think it hurts to call up the hiring center and ask about it. What's the worst they could say? It would suck to find out that you might have had the chance to do something about it and didn't.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by perpwatcher View Post
                          I applied for the NE not knowing that JFK wasn't included in that region I live 20 mins away from JFK and I just submitted my eqip and prints on the 24th of June. Im in a tough spot because not only will I be taking a big pay cut but who knows where I will end up as far as the NE ports go.

                          Supposedly, a new announcement opens up on July 16th. If it does, and if JFK is included within the announcement, you ought to be able to switch your goe. preference without a whole lot of hassle. Call MHC then and ask.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Supposedly, a new announcement opens up on July 16th. If it does, and if JFK is included within the announcement, you ought to be able to switch your goe. preference without a whole lot of hassle. Call MHC then and ask.
                            merlin436 I hope that is the case I would be so happy if I could do that! Thanks!!!

                            Comment


                            • Does anyone know if you can do a Geo change via email or does that have to be done through a phone call?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                                Does anyone know if you can do a Geo change via email or does that have to be done through a phone call?
                                I tried to change my geo and I was told I could not!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11658 users online. 441 members and 11217 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X