Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
    I just want the green check mark next to my medical soon so I can start my BI and be with the rest of the flock! I am getting left in the dust recently.
    You crack me up Josh You will be very soon, as long as your case is moving along, the flock should be there at FLETC waiting.

    Comment


    • Well, did another Mock PFT2 today.
      220 yard dash : 26 seconds.
      17 push-ups : 16 seconds.
      25 sit-ups : 26 seconds.
      1.5 mile run : 14 minutes 29 seconds.

      Keep in mind I did this in 110 degree heat. 120 index.
      I've never sweat so much. Lol
      Geo - East Texas
      Exam date - 9/7/2013
      NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
      TSL - 11/27/2014
      PFT1 - 12/27/2014
      VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
      EQIP - 1/18/2014
      Credit check - 2/4/2014
      GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
      Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
      Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
      Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
      Drug Test - 6/26/2014
      PFT2 - 7/10/2014
      EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
      FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
      CBP Session #359 Guidon
      Awarded Physical Training Award

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
        Well, did another Mock PFT2 today.
        220 yard dash : 26 seconds.
        17 push-ups : 16 seconds.
        25 sit-ups : 26 seconds.
        1.5 mile run : 14 minutes 29 seconds.
        Keep in mind I did this in 110 degree heat. 120 index.
        I've never sweat so much. Lol
        Way to go. Did you have 3 minute break in between? (not sure if it will be 3 minute there)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
          I just want the green check mark next to my medical soon so I can start my BI and be with the rest of the flock! I am getting left in the dust recently.
          Oh I'm in the dust with you wondering how I can catch up. Its annoying seeing people zip on by despite starting the process after me. Can't shake the feeling there's something wrong with my medical or something.
          Geo - Central East Coast
          CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
          NOR - 10/24/2013
          TSL - 1/30/2014
          VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
          PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
          VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
          eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
            Oh I'm in the dust with you wondering how I can catch up. Its annoying seeing people zip on by despite starting the process after me. Can't shake the feeling there's something wrong with my medical or something.
            What region? I know my region probably has something to do with it. The only medical issue I've had is high blood pressure earlier this year which I take medication for and it's under control. I can't imagine that being my hold up as they take your bp at the beginning of the medical test and mine was fine.
            Geo- Florida
            CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
            NOR- 98 10/25/13
            Qual- GS 7
            TSL- 2/28/14
            PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
            VBT/SI- 5/9/14
            VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
            BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
            BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
            BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

            Comment


            • Just ran 1.5 miles in 16 minutes 22 seconds. Not good.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                Just ran 1.5 miles in 16 minutes 22 seconds. Not good.
                Good enough to pass. I did 13 mins 50 secs today. I usually do better but haven't ran outdoors for awhile due to the heat and humidity.
                Geo- Florida
                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                Qual- GS 7
                TSL- 2/28/14
                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

                Comment


                • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                  What region? I know my region probably has something to do with it. The only medical issue I've had is high blood pressure earlier this year which I take medication for and it's under control. I can't imagine that being my hold up as they take your bp at the beginning of the medical test and mine was fine.
                  I'm in the central east coast region. It's possible there may be a backlog or something. It's my fault for feeling anxious as I took the cbp officer's word as gospel when he told me to expect an email in three weeks. It's been six.

                  I need to change my signature to add my dates.
                  Geo - Central East Coast
                  CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                  NOR - 10/24/2013
                  TSL - 1/30/2014
                  VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                  PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                  VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                  eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                    I just want the green check mark next to my medical soon so I can start my BI and be with the rest of the flock! I am getting left in the dust recently.
                    Medical really held me up too Josh, and now I've waited a month for my Poly date... They're all probably on vacation for the 4th, check back next week...
                    GEO: Northeast
                    Test: 8/23/13
                    NOR: 9/9/13
                    TSL: 12/16/13
                    PFT1: 1/2/14
                    VBT/SI: 3/19/14
                    MED: 5/8/14
                    EQIP: 6/3/14
                    Pre-Employment Forms: 6/4/14
                    Poly: 9/18/14
                    BI:
                    Drug Test:
                    PFT2:
                    EOD:

                    Comment


                    • Josh & Jdmgreg-

                      All three of us seem to be in the same boat. It has been 75 days since MHC sent me an email stating they received my med review information and that it was forwarded for review. I sent them an email on Monday and was told 2-3 more weeks for the review process to be completed. Apparently they have an enormous backlog. So, if my med review takes 3 more weeks, that will be a total of 14 weeks. 6 months of waiting since my Med/PFT1. Then I figure another 24 weeks minimum for the rest of the process to complete. Patience is definitely a virtue here. The only issue I have is that I may be offered 2 other LE positions before I even reach the BI process for this so, decisions, decisions.

                      The irony here is that I do not have any medical conditions at all. I have always been in very good health but on my med forms, I wanted to be as thorough and honest as possible, so I listed a med issue I had in 1998 that lasted for about 2 weeks and that one little thing caused all this delay.
                      Last edited by NYJRM10; 07-03-2014, 12:34 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                        All three of us seem to be in the same boat. It has been 75 days since MHC sent me an email stating they received my med review information and that it was forwarded for review. I sent them an email on Monday and was told 2-3 more weeks for the review process to be completed. Apparently they have an enormous backlog. So, if my med review takes 3 more weeks, that will be a total of 14 weeks. 6 months of waiting since my Med/PFT1. Then I figure another 24 weeks minimum for the rest of the process to complete. Patience is definitely a virtue here. The only issue I have is that I may be offered 2 other LE positions before I even reach the BI process for this so, decisions, decisions.
                        If you look at my timeline you would notice that I did the medical exam on 12/30/13 and was cleared on 03/25/14. I, too, do not have any medical conditions but I think you should be fine as it usually takes long time to clear. Cheer up

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                          Just ran 1.5 miles in 16 minutes 22 seconds. Not good.
                          Make sure on top of training, youre also eating well. Thats one of the most important things. Eating better will help the body work better and make your training less to strenuous!!! You got this!!
                          Geo Central East Coast
                          10/26/13 Took the test
                          11/06/13 Passed Written test
                          03/31/14 Received TSL
                          04/09/14 Did medical and fitness test
                          06/05/14 Did the VBT& SI interview
                          06/13/14 Received BI paperwork
                          07/10/14 Polygraph Test (inclonclusive) part 2 08/22/2014

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                            I just want the green check mark next to my medical soon so I can start my BI and be with the rest of the flock! I am getting left in the dust recently.
                            Well I took my medical in mid December and after much back and forth, wasn't cleared until the end of April. I know the sense of frustration you are dealing with (I also tested in August and scored a 97). Hopefully you have emailed the MHC to ask them for your status (that you are concerned because you haven't heard, and if there is anything else they need from you)? That at least seemed to get things moving for me.
                            Last edited by Fdriver; 07-03-2014, 07:19 AM.
                            Geo: Northeast
                            Written Test: 8/28/2013 (97 no vet points)
                            NOR: 9/9/2013
                            TSL: 11/27/2013
                            Medical/PT: 12/19/2014
                            VBT/SI: 01/02/2014
                            Medical cleared: 04/08/4014
                            Equip/fingerprints received: 04/11/2014
                            Poly: 05/27/2014
                            Received NOPA: 06/30/2014
                            Replied to NOPA: 07/22/2014
                            1st meeting with BI: 08/06/2014
                            2nd meeting with BI: 08/08/2014
                            Drug Test: 09/25/2014
                            All green checks: 09/30/2014
                            Got the call!: 10/01/2014
                            Pft2: 10/23/2014
                            EOD: 11/03/2014
                            FLETC: 11/24/2014

                            Comment


                            • Sorry jade... It is what it is. A career should be motivation in itself. Was not trying to be rude, but push yourself. The pt should be the easy part at the academy. Consider it a break from the classroom. That's the way I have been approaching it!! Imagine getting this far and cutting it close with the 1.5 mile run: and you cramp up the last lap...I would hate for they to happen!


                              Buck up, push through! Close to a dream job!!!!! Let's gooooooo

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fdriver View Post
                                Well I took my medical in mid December and after much back and forth, wasn't cleared until the end of April. I know the sense of frustration you are dealing with (I also tested in August and scored a 97). Hopefully you have emailed the MHC to ask them for your status (that you are concerned because you haven't heard, and if there is anything else they need from you)? That at least seemed to get things moving for me.
                                I have emailed them a couple times within the last few weeks. I was told there was a few steps once they received the medical report and mine is currently with a nurse for review which I believe is the last step for the medical review. So hopefully my check mark comes soon.
                                Geo- Florida
                                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                                Qual- GS 7
                                TSL- 2/28/14
                                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                                BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                                BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                                BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5230 users online. 200 members and 5030 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X