300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
    Your ill-educated statement goes well with your 'nobama' avatar. Makes me wish one needed a masters to join any LEO.

This is the incorrect forum for this dribble.
    Just exactly what "dribble" do you find in Will's reply?

Comment

• Originally posted by woodster11x View Post
      i would prefer to open carry. Seems like trying to carry concealed in the summer time would be rather uncomfortable. I dont think i will do it much anyway, it would just be nice to know.
      If you want to wear a weapon on your hip all the time, go out west and become a cowboy! Ask a real question next time!

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
        Yes I do and yes I did for one year.

We are talking about grown men and women, not kids here. Some people get "hardened" with age and experience and don't put up with crap anymore like we used to back the high school days. My only gripe is that they aren't doing anything to ease the situation (build more rooms, build study areas, build a room that is built for two). Everyone with a roommate here has problems. Some are so minor that they'll never get addressed by either roommate. Some are serious issues to the point that one of them are no longer employed here. It sucks. No argument there. I'm not going to quit over it though. Others have and more will in the future. Allegedly almost six figures are put into students here for FLETC. I sometimes feel that we are part of a huge psychological case study.

Everything is so crowded here. The locker room is so packed it is silly. Ever see that video of the Great White concert in that building that burned down? Remember the hundreds of people trying to pry through the one exit? That is the locker room. Its hot sweaty and full of a billion naked dudes and the size of two doublewide trailers including the showers. All of that with only to entry/exit doors. There are no clear paths to the exits. They have peoples lockers all the way to the exit doors. Oh hey, you also have 10 minutes to shower and change .

Wanna eat? Takes forever to get chow. You are better off waiting until 11:50 when the line disappears. People argue that "it is free food so what do you expect?". Well, its a huge cluster****. No argument with that.

You would have never have known that Homeland Security gets billions of dollars from looking at the facilities here.

EVERY hotel in Brunswick is booked for the next year because of FLETC. But no, we don't need to build anything. Lets just pay the hotel's $49 a day for thousands of people instead of building another Taj tower...
        Just a guess, but I take it you were never in the military????????

Comment

• Great response...

Originally posted by mi562 View Post
          Just a guess, but I take it you were never in the military????????
          I remember waiting in line, practically heel to toe, naked, for a shower to free up.

I also remember having to sleep with 80 other guys in the same room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
            Just curious, what state allows open carry? Around here you'd be tased within 15 minutes if you should up at a public place carrying like Wyatt Earp.
            Montana, Arkansas, and several others...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
              So when you say it's designed for one person, can you give rough dimensions here? Are we talking a 15x10 room or something?

Heh, needs of the service. Never thought I'd have to hear that again in my life.
              They basically built three mariott hotels, and threw them behind the outdoor ranges. They are your standard hotel. Full bath, queen bed, couch, coffee table, kitchen area (sink+fridge+microwave)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN

that will give you an idea
              Better to die than live a coward.

"An unarmed man is a subject, an armed man is a citizen" Thomas Paine

Comment

• Open carry is silly, why let other people know you have a gun!?!?!

I am not that tall and am able to carry a usp45C concealed with an inside the waistband holster. I have also done the G22 concealed wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

is it uncomfortable at first...very..

but its nice to have a gun, so i deal with it.

www.comp-tac.com

GOOD HOLSTERS
                Last edited by LingerLonger; 10-02-2008, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Guys, I don't think talking about policy about HOW a CBPO carries off duty is going to be OPSEC. Everyone and their mother knows that police officers can carry a gun. The reason you carry concealed is that the element of surprise is on your side, and you're not a magnet to someone looking to cause trouble.

Now if we were talking about WHO is a CBPO and where they live, that would be a serious SERIOUS problem. I bet bottom dollar that CBPOs do anything to make sure they aren't made as an LEO when in public. Sadly, you guys would be afraid to find out the things I have seen on the internet that relates to high up officials in the government and their personal information; some people feel like it's their right to publish everything they can about these people just because they are a public figure and it's 'public record' or some lame excuse. The reality is that you are putting those people in danger. Completely nuts.

EDIT: kc: thanks for that reply, I have a feeling that having that ability has a lot to do with internal cultures inside the job. Beyond that I have no insight into the issue, but I think it's safe to say that carrying on an airplane just because you're an FLEO is a lot more of a headache than people think.
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Great info on the FLETC "hotel" rooms. How about FLETC expenses? With GS5 pay [don't know if locality pay is included] what will be the minimum funds I should expect to spend weekly? And something totally not connected to this thread - what happens if you complete FLETC but fail the required Spanish for your port?

Comment

Comment

• expenses??

Well they feed you, house you and bus you around the center...so if you were smart you would only spend money on beer and dinner on the weekends (jap steak house, brogans bar on the island).

your getting paid to learn and do some push ups...everything you could possibly want is provided for you on center. You SHOULD walk out of there with a few G's in your account if you are smart with your money.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
                                Remember guys, if you carry Uncle Sugar's handgun, you have to follow his rules. I'll be carrying my glocks around 'cuz that what I learned to shoot and what I like to shoot. HR218 allows any LEO to carry any pistola concealed off-duty (google "HR218" for more info).
                                You might have talked to other people on the subject, but I know for a fact that patrol agents don't have this option because they say it is CBP policy. Basically if you are forced to use your weapon off duty and it's not a CBP approved handgun (e.g. not your own duty weapon), don't expect any assistance or backing in the least; you are pretty much on your own and you can possibly face reprimand from CBP. Just something to think about; I know HR218 exists but it may or may not be worth getting in trouble about.

Also, you carry without a holster? Are you looking to put a round into your leg or something?
                                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6794 users online. 352 members and 6442 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X