300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=tigers2007;1432667]

Everything is so crowded here. The locker room is so packed it is silly. Ever see that video of the Great White concert in that building that burned down? Remember the hundreds of people trying to pry through the one exit? That is the locker room. Its hot sweaty and full of a billion naked dudes and the size of two doublewide trailers including the showers. All of that with only to entry/exit doors. There are no clear paths to the exits. They have peoples lockers all the way to the exit doors. Oh hey, you also have 10 minutes to shower and change .

Yeah i'll never forget that mens locker room, ******* to elbow, literally. I could care less about the lunch line, because id just live with the bag lunch and water, but changing, especially after p.t. or d.t. was a joke of biblical proportions!! Haha, enjoy it, i did my time in that sweaty stink box, now its your turn!!

Comment

• i would prefer to open carry. Seems like trying to carry concealed in the summer time would be rather uncomfortable. I dont think i will do it much anyway, it would just be nice to know.
      "Just another day in paradise"

Comment

• Just curious, what state allows open carry? Around here you'd be tased within 15 minutes if you should up at a public place carrying like Wyatt Earp.

Comment

• Originally posted by woodster11x View Post
          i would prefer to open carry. Seems like trying to carry concealed in the summer time would be rather uncomfortable. I dont think i will do it much anyway, it would just be nice to know.
          Open carry causes a LOT of problems. You're better off carrying concealed or not at all. Also if you going to travel on an aircraft for a TDY you can opt to carry on the plane after you receive training. Again it is a bit of a hassle and a lot more trouble than it's worth.
          Last edited by kc12; 10-02-2008, 10:46 AM.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
            Just curious, what state allows open carry? Around here you'd be tased within 15 minutes if you should up at a public place carrying like Wyatt Earp.
            Most if not all states allow LE to openly carry, even NJ.
            Last edited by kc12; 10-02-2008, 10:45 AM.
            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Huh, didn't realize that. Makes sense I guess. Still I'd rather not have to worry about someone grabbing my gun while choosing between original and cool ranch doritos at the mega mart. Would make me feel like a walking target while off the job.

Comment

• I agree with Hound. Theres an LEO in my apartment building that likes to go down in his shorts and tank top in the morning to walk his dog..... and somehow feels compelled to strap his piece on as well. He looks like an attention-needing dude like that.

Comment

• I think this is best answered by an actual CBPO, but even if open carry was legal in a certain state, or perhaps legal for any recognized peace officer in that state, CBP policy is definitely going to go against open carry. I've read stories of PAs AND CBPOs open carry in certain places thinking it was legit and have them get the police called on them, even if their badge was on their belt too. That's not the point either; the police had no choice but to let them go, but once their superiors found out, they were in a huge hunk of trouble.

I don't know of specific policies on HOW CBPOs are allowed to carry their duty weapon concealed, but hopefully I'll be able to use an OWB for the winter and an IWB for the summer. All in all, it's something that I don't think Officers have lots of wiggle room with.

Also, I've read some federal CFR stating that any FLEO was authorized to carry their duty weapon on board an aircraft as long as they were technically on duty for the purposes for the flight (it actually says so at the FLETC website), but I get the feeling that it's outdated and/or without provisions (perhaps now one goes through something close to what FFDOs have to go through). I'll do a little more research today to see what I can come up with on that.

EDIT: So there is apparently tons of paperwork to be filed on top of having completed a FAA course on "guidelines and alcohol abstinence." Doesn't sound like too much fun.
                  Last edited by sap123; 10-02-2008, 11:11 AM.
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                    Just curious, what state allows open carry? Around here you'd be tased within 15 minutes if you should up at a public place carrying like Wyatt Earp.
                    lol. too funny
                    CBPO
                    Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
                    Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                    Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
                    Quals-completed 6/08
                    BI-completed 8/08
                    Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
                    Start-10/14/08
                    FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

• As a CBPO if you are carrying you duty weapon off duty you need to be concealed.
                      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• We should tread lightly when discussing CBP policies here. It's an open board and you never know who's reading what here. Remember lot's of people have plenty of hate for anyone and anything having to do law enforcement...and with immigration enforcement especially. Do you really want nutcases like this knowing what you can and can't do either on or off-duty?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          We should tread lightly when discussing CBP policies here. It's an open board and you never know who's reading what here. Remember lot's of people have plenty of hate for anyone and anything having to do law enforcement...and with immigration enforcement especially. Do you really want nutcases like this knowing what you can and can't do either on or off-duty?

Merlin has a point. Trash like these people will do whatever they can to get law enforcement in trouble. They know exactly what the police can and can't do.

About a year ago here in LA pro-illegal immigration marchers used women as a barricade, while other protesters threw rocks and bottles at the police. They new the police would tread lightly on the women, and if they didn't they could say "look how LAPD treats peaceful, marching women."

On a side note, I can't stand when people say to stop the raids. Well guess what? if you didn't break the law in the first place, then you wouldn't have ICE coming for you. If you don't like being treated the criminal you are, then go home. Plain and simple.

Ok I'm done.
                          ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                          Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                          March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                          July 09 Oral Board
                          Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                          Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Cbp Re-instatement?

Does anyone know if CBP has a re-instatement program? I was A CBPO and had my EOD date in August, however I had to decline the position about a week later due to a critical family issue. I was curious if their is a posibility to get back w/o going through the entire process.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                              EDIT: So there is apparently tons of paperwork to be filed on top of having completed a FAA course on "guidelines and alcohol abstinence." Doesn't sound like too much fun.
                              Most of the paperwork has to filled out by a supervisor and/or port director. I'm not all that good with politics, but it would seem to me that doing this would not be the way to win friends and influence people.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                                Merlin has a point. Trash like these people will do whatever they can to get law enforcement in trouble. They know exactly what the police can and can't do.

About a year ago here in LA pro-illegal immigration marchers used women as a barricade, while other protesters threw rocks and bottles at the police. They new the police would tread lightly on the women, and if they didn't they could say "look how LAPD treats peaceful, marching women."

On a side note, I can't stand when people say to stop the raids. Well guess what? if you didn't break the law in the first place, then you wouldn't have ICE coming for you. If you don't like being treated the criminal you are, then go home. Plain and simple.

Ok I'm done.
                                Your ill-educated statement goes well with your 'nobama' avatar. Makes me wish one needed a masters to join any LEO.

This is the incorrect forum for this dribble.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5575 users online. 290 members and 5285 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X