Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
    Same here, been like that for a month, havn't heard a thing yet
    Are you done with the Polygraph test? I guess that would be the next step in the background check once it started showing that your case is in the security office. For me it took more than a month between the CASS update with my background in the security office and polygraph test.
    Geo Midwest
    10/18/2013 Written test
    10/28/2013 NOR
    1/8/2014 Medical / Fitness - Passed
    2/14/2014 e-QIP submitted
    2/18/2014 VBT/SI - Passed
    5/5/2014 Passed qualifications / GS 7 eligible
    6/13/2014 Polygraph - Passed
    6/27/2014 Met the investigator
    8/26/2014 Drug test
    8/28/2014 The call
    10/6/2014 EOD
    Nov 3- March 18, 2105 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
      Welcome to joining our group man, good luck in this process and you are def close to where some us are. Keep us posted.
      Thank you Jade, will definitely keep you posted and all the help that I can offer to potential candidates in the process based on my own experience so far.

Good luck everyone.
      Geo Midwest
      10/18/2013 Written test
      10/28/2013 NOR
      8/26/2014 Drug test
      8/28/2014 The call
      10/6/2014 EOD

Comment

• Happy Thursday future LEOs,

For those who did and are going through their background investigation, how many of you know the kind of their BI? I was told that mine is SSBI. I am trying to see how many are similar and the length of waiting time for that.

Comment

• I know someone who just got an unfavorable background by CBP.
          She passed the polygraph test and all, but didn't hear anything until now, and that was the email for unfavorable BI.

Can she re-apply in the next opening, since the process differs now, or will she never be reconsidered? She originally applied 9/7/13.
          Geo - East Texas
          Exam date - 9/7/2013
          NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
          TSL - 11/27/2014
          PFT1 - 12/27/2014
          VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
          EQIP - 1/18/2014
          Credit check - 2/4/2014
          GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
          Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
          Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
          Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
          Drug Test - 6/26/2014
          PFT2 - 7/10/2014
          EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
          FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
          CBP Session #359 Guidon
          Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
            I know someone who just got an unfavorable background by CBP.
            She passed the polygraph test and all, but didn't hear anything until now, and that was the email for unfavorable BI.

Can she re-apply in the next opening, since the process differs now, or will she never be reconsidered? She originally applied 9/7/13.
            If the decision just happened she should have been sent a letter of reasons (LOR) by the adjudicating authority, if so, she knows why the investigation was unfavorably adjudicated and that should be telling as to if she stands a chance.

If she is unsuitable for clearance she will need to mitigate whatever issue she has before trying again. Usually this will consist of putting a number of years between her and whatever black mark is holding her back.

See this page for examples of potential issues, and mitigating factors (or lack thereof):
            http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/2014.html

Comment

• Hello, Rachel from MN here. I've really enjoyed reading this thread for the past week while waiting for my account to obtain access for posting!

Last fall I applied for Northwest/Northern Border. I'm a bit behind in the application process since I had to defer my medical/fitness exam for 90 days due to pregnancy. I took these tests last month and passed the physical ( yahoo) and am waiting for the medical to clear (the facility forgot to complete a portion of the exam). I've passed the video based and structured interviews, so I guess the polygraph is next and then on to the background check?

There doesn't seem to be many Northwest/Northern Border applicants or current CBP officers on here. I'm looking to learn more about this region, specifically the ports of Roosville, Eastport, Porthill, Blane and Sumas (All of these are a few hours from a major airport/city). I'm from a very rural town in MN about 3 hours from the Canadian border, and 3 hrs north of Minneapolis. I'm not familiar with any these ports west of MN. What should I know about this geographical region? Trying to do as much research as possible. I understand that if hired, I will get a call with a list of ports hiring at the time and would need to make a selection by end of day. Are there any ports that I can mostly count on being on this list that are usually hiring, and any that I should steer clear of? Also, is there a way to find out how busy the ports are and how many officers they employ? I understand that it is very difficult to transfer out of northern border ports, so I want to choose wisely Sorry for the long post. All responses would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                Happy Thursday future LEOs,

For those who did and are going through their background investigation, how many of you know the kind of their BI? I was told that mine is SSBI. I am trying to see how many are similar and the length of waiting time for that.
                Everyone who is a CBPO gets the same Single Scope investigation for initial hire.

Comment

Hey Future, just wondering, did this person have a feeling they were gonna fail the BI by the time it was submitted, my guess is they did. If they were DQ'd for reasons of automatic disqualifiers, i.e. domestic violence, criminal activity, then they likely wont be eligable for hire, unless they were given a timeline, such as bankruptcy. I just know we all fear getting a notification like that.
                  Geo: West Coast
                  Applied: 7-1-13
                  Tested: 8-3-13
                  NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                  Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                  Medical: 12-30-13
                  Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                  VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                  Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                  Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                  Background finished: 6-10-14
                  Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                  Drug Test: 8-13-14
                  The Call: 08-20-14
                  PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                  EOD: 9-22-2014
                  Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• Originally posted by saone View Post
                    If the decision just happened she should have been sent a letter of reasons (LOR) by the adjudicating authority, if so, she knows why the investigation was unfavorably adjudicated and that should be telling as to if she stands a chance.

If she is unsuitable for clearance she will need to mitigate whatever issue she has before trying again. Usually this will consist of putting a number of years between her and whatever black mark is holding her back.

See this page for examples of potential issues, and mitigating factors (or lack thereof):
                    http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/doha/industrial/2014.html
                    Thanks, she already holds a secret clearance and currently works for the govt.
                    That's why we were very off-put by IA's decision.

And I don't think she thought she was going to fail it apon submitting it. This girl, so happens to be my girlfriend, and we applied together. She only got an email so far stating she had an unfavorable BI. Nothing in the mail yet.
                    Last edited by FutureCBPO; 06-19-2014, 04:37 PM.
                    Geo - East Texas
                    Exam date - 9/7/2013
                    TSL - 11/27/2014
                    PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                    VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                    EQIP - 1/18/2014
                    Credit check - 2/4/2014
                    Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                    PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                    EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                    CBP Session #359 Guidon

Comment

• I'm taking my polygraph this Monday in D.C. Getting a little nervous since the day is nearing.

Do they mainly ask the questions on the eqip? I have a clean background and don't have anything to hide, but I've heard horror stories about the poly on different sites how people failed telling the truth, so it has me worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by newyorkyankee517 View Post
                        I'm taking my polygraph this Monday in D.C. Getting a little nervous since the day is nearing.

Do they mainly ask the questions on the eqip? I have a clean background and don't have anything to hide, but I've heard horror stories about the poly on different sites how people failed telling the truth, so it has me worried.
                        Just don't lie. You'll be good.
                        People have done something wrong at some point in their life. Be honest about those times. Even if it was 10-15 years ago. Even if it was simple as lying to your parents to get out of trouble. You'll be fine.
                        Geo - East Texas
                        Exam date - 9/7/2013
                        TSL - 11/27/2014
                        PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                        VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                        EQIP - 1/18/2014
                        Credit check - 2/4/2014
                        Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                        PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                        EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                        CBP Session #359 Guidon

Comment

Just don't lie. You'll be good.
                          People have done something wrong at some point in their life. Be honest about those times. Even if it was 10-15 years ago. Even if it was simple as lying to your parents to get out of trouble. You'll be fine.

Well of course I've done stuff in my life but nothing where I would be locked away in a jail cell for it. I just don't want to be disqualified because I took money from my parents wallet when I was 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by newyorkyankee517 View Post
                            I'm taking my polygraph this Monday in D.C. Getting a little nervous since the day is nearing.

I believe don't read too much of a negative content posted on internet about Polygraph. Take a good night sleep before the test day, eat good breakfast, be on time, dress professionally and most important be honest just don't lie on anything. The trap will be there it's how you come out of it, so be honest and true. Mine agent was very professional and he clearly explained the expectations out of the test. Good luck.
                            Geo Midwest
                            10/18/2013 Written test
                            10/28/2013 NOR
                            8/26/2014 Drug test
                            8/28/2014 The call
                            10/6/2014 EOD

Comment

Thanks, she already holds a secret clearance and currently works for the govt.
                              That's why we were very off-put by IA's decision.

And I don't think she thought she was going to fail it apon submitting it. This girl, so happens to be my girlfriend, and we applied together. She only got an email so far stating she had an unfavorable BI. Nothing in the mail yet.
                              Oh wow. I am stumped then.

I hope for her sake that they will give some indication as to what the issue is so that it wont impact her current clearance upon re-investigation.

Comment

Future, was she the same person that you told me she got her drug test couple weeks after meeting a BI or is she a different person?
                                This is definitely an odd situation and it must be a shock for the poor thing. Would she be able to stay where she at with her current job after found unsuitable?

Originally posted by RGB28 View Post
                                Hello, Rachel from MN here. I've really enjoyed reading this thread for the past week while waiting for my account to obtain access for posting!

Last fall I applied for Northwest/Northern Border. I'm a bit behind in the application process since I had to defer my medical/fitness exam for 90 days due to pregnancy. I took these tests last month and passed the physical ( yahoo) and am waiting for the medical to clear (the facility forgot to complete a portion of the exam). I've passed the video based and structured interviews, so I guess the polygraph is next and then on to the background check? Thanks!
                                Hello Rachel, congrats on the new baby Good news for you is that you are half way in the race. Did you submit your SF86 yet?

Originally posted by newyorkyankee517 View Post

Hello Yankee, I guess the most important thing about this interview as the other guys mentioned is to be honest. They are not looking to find your lies, but rather, being honest by admitting them. Couple things I would like to mention to you as I had mine 3 weeks ago:
                                1. Do not drink 24 hours prior to the interview, I was asked if I was drinking the night before.
                                2. Try to stay away from noises and loud music, headphones and stuff. Try to clear your mind and get plenty of rest, and spend the night relaxing if you can.
                                3. If you know you are going to be very nervous at the interview (most of us were), then refrain from coffee or tea that morning.
                                4. Workout the day before as it will help your body relax afterwards.
                                5. Dress for success and be on time.
                                6. Do NOT dwell on any question you are asked. If you answer something, force your mind not to think of it. Some people keep thinking of what they said for the previous question which make them give false responses.
                                7. Everything in the test you will know about before doing the test. The test is different from what you read and hear about, so don't read much of it and you will do good.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9392 users online. 533 members and 8859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X