300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
    Yaaay! Finally got my e-qip/Background e-mail. It's like I'm a real applicant now! :P Only problem is I can't get the big attachment to load... And I do have all the latest Adobe stuff installed on my computer already...
    Question for you guys who already did this step: Do you have to send back your fingerprint cards at the same time as you send back the rest of the info? I'm a little nervous about being able to get that done in the time allotted--my local PD is a bit slow.
    Congrats on becoming a real applicant and welcome to the waiting game I have Mac so the attachments did not open even though everything is up to date on it. I went to the library at school and printed all the attachments. It is important that you print all of them just like how that email told you coz I think you have to sign couple of them.

As for fingerprints, you can send them anytime, and if you finish them earlier then go ahead and send them. The police station at my town do fingerprints twice a week, I set up an apt with them and went 3 days after I got them, got them done and mailed them back right away with registered mail so I make sure they arrive and so I can focus on the actual eqip.

Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
    Jade...I did the math yesterday and my BI met me on May 22nd. 19 days later he told me that me background packet was complete and had been forwarded to DC. So it looks like the 18 days alloted is spot on.
    Nice. Let me ask you this? How long was your wait between your poly and your BI meeting?

Comment

• Jade...I got called my the BI on around May 18th...so about 20 days after the Poly. But around May 15th my references told me they had been contacted by the BI
      Geo: West Coast
      Applied: 7-1-13
      Tested: 8-3-13
      NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
      Tentative Select: 12-16-13
      Medical: 12-30-13
      Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
      VBT & SI: 3-17-14
      Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
      Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
      Background finished: 6-10-14
      Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
      Drug Test: 8-13-14
      The Call: 08-20-14
      PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
      EOD: 9-22-2014
      Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
        Thanks USCG LEME!
        I'm a little nervous--I can't get the first attachment in the e-mail to load.
        Are the forms that I need to fill out on the E-Qip website or are they in that attachment? I am able to see the second one where it's the "instructions."

I'm freaking out a little now because they gave me a deadline of 6/27 and I definitely do not want to forget anything and/or miss it.
        Hey Alex. There are several documents you need to print sign and send back...but the main background document is filled out online. That's government form SF-86. The log on should be through the OPM website. You might be able to Google it and create an account. I know that once you are in the OPM system with an open background case you are able to log in.

Comment

• 22 days since my vbt/si but i havent recieved an email of the results. Smells bad to me :/

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
            Jade...I got called my the BI on around May 18th...so about 20 days after the Poly. But around May 15th my references told me they had been contacted by the BI
            My BI called me a week after my poly and he met me a week after but people were contacted by BIs right away as well before he met with me. You are a week ahead of me. Good luck to us all and I hope we stay sane till we get the call :P

Comment

• Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
              22 days since my vbt/si but i havent recieved an email of the results. Smells bad to me :/
              That's not necessarily true. Don't get discouraged! Everyone's process is completely different because there's so many different variables at play. Your geo could just be a little overwhelmed at the moment.
              Civitas Ad Mare
              LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
              TSL: 12/18/13
              PFT1/Med: 1/14
              VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
              BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
              Drug test: TBD
              Polygraph: TBD
              PFT2: TBD
              EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
              Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum. It looks like there are many applicants moving parallel to each other in the hiring process. I had my polygraph last week and the agent told me that I've passed the test but it'll be reviewed by quality control before they make any decision. I guess am also in the waiting game now. I believe I would be contacted by BI within the next couple of weeks but prior to the meeting BIs will check my references? Here's my timeline so far.

Geo Midwest
                10/18/2013 Written test
                10/28/2013 NOR
                1/8/2014 Medical / Fitness - Passed
                2/14/2014 e-QIP submitted
                2/18/2014 VBT/SI - Passed
                5/5/2014 Passed qualifications / GS 7 eligible
                6/13/2014 Polygraph - Passed
                Geo Midwest
                10/18/2013 Written test
                10/28/2013 NOR
                1/8/2014 Medical / Fitness - Passed
                2/14/2014 e-QIP submitted
                2/18/2014 VBT/SI - Passed
                5/5/2014 Passed qualifications / GS 7 eligible
                6/13/2014 Polygraph - Passed
                6/27/2014 Met the investigator
                8/26/2014 Drug test
                8/28/2014 The call
                10/6/2014 EOD
                Nov 3- March 18, 2105 Academy

Comment

Hey Alex. There are several documents you need to print sign and send back...but the main background document is filled out online. That's government form SF-86. The log on should be through the OPM website. You might be able to Google it and create an account. I know that once you are in the OPM system with an open background case you are able to log in.
                  Thank you so much for your clarification! I finally got the documents to load and print last night (had to use Internet Explorer). I'll be working on those this weekend. They don't seem too extensive. Just waiting for my fingerprint cards to arrive in the mail. I tried the OPM site last night but it didn't take my information. I'll try later today to see if it finally processed and I can log in. Again, thank you so much for your help.

Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                  Congrats on becoming a real applicant and welcome to the waiting game I have Mac so the attachments did not open even though everything is up to date on it. I went to the library at school and printed all the attachments. It is important that you print all of them just like how that email told you coz I think you have to sign couple of them.

As for fingerprints, you can send them anytime, and if you finish them earlier then go ahead and send them. The police station at my town do fingerprints twice a week, I set up an apt with them and went 3 days after I got them, got them done and mailed them back right away with registered mail so I make sure they arrive and so I can focus on the actual eqip.
                  Jade, did you have a deadline to return the fingerprints by? My instructions say they have to be mailed by the same date as the background forms. You mail those separately from the other forms, correct? I just don't want to screw up this part. I've come so far.
                  Civitas Ad Mare
                  LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
                  TSL: 12/18/13
                  PFT1/Med: 1/14
                  VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
                  BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
                  Drug test: TBD
                  Polygraph: TBD
                  PFT2: TBD
                  EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
                  Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• Hey guys, new to the forum. I am in the waiting game as well. I was told yesterday that by my BI that my packet is completed and wished me luck.

I currently am a federal contractor for OPM, doing background investigations. I have seen a lot of posts asking questions or concerns about the BI and what may or may not be disqualifing. If anyone wants to PM me I would be more than happy to answer questions. As an investigator, we get a lot of questions concerning timelines and such. I know this process can take awhile, and I know a little assurance can be nice. Best of luck to all!

GEO: Northeast
                    NOR:09/27/13; 90
                    TSL: 12/26/2014
                    Med/PFT: 01/09/2014
                    VBT: 05/09/2014
                    Poly: 05/22/2014
                    BI: 06/04/2014
                    Drug:?
                    PFT2:?
                    Last edited by Moten44; 06-18-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Jade...I did the math yesterday and my BI met me on May 22nd. 19 days later he told me that me background packet was complete and had been forwarded to DC. So it looks like the 18 days alloted is spot on.
                      I don't think the whole 18 day thing is true, I met with my investigator May 7th.
                      Then again on June 4th. Said he would have everything in June 5th. Nearly 30 days.
                      That doesn't count the investigator in Michigan, who spoke to my friends May 1st and 2nd.
                      Geo - East Texas
                      Exam date - 9/7/2013
                      NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                      TSL - 11/27/2014
                      PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                      VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                      EQIP - 1/18/2014
                      Credit check - 2/4/2014
                      GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                      Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                      Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                      Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                      Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                      PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                      EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                      FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                      CBP Session #359 Guidon
                      Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by Moten44 View Post
                        Hey guys, new to the forum. I am in the waiting game as well. I was told yesterday that by my BI that my packet is completed and wished me luck.

I currently am a federal contractor for OPM, doing background investigations. I have seen a lot of posts asking questions or concerns about the BI and what may or may not be disqualifing. If anyone wants to PM me I would be more than happy to answer questions. As an investigator, we get a lot of questions concerning timelines and such. I know this process can take awhile, and I know a little assurance can be nice. Best of luck to all!

GEO: Northeast
                        NOR:09/27/13; 90
                        TSL: 12/26/2014
                        Med/PFT: 01/09/2014
                        VBT: 05/09/2014
                        Poly: 05/22/2014
                        BI: 06/04/2014
                        Drug:?
                        PFT2:?
                        Wanted to PM but doesn't look like its letting me.

Comment

• Fixed; Sorry about that

Comment

• Any NOR results or am I a bit too early ???

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                              I don't think the whole 18 day thing is true, I met with my investigator May 7th.
                              Then again on June 4th. Said he would have everything in June 5th. Nearly 30 days.
                              That doesn't count the investigator in Michigan, who spoke to my friends May 1st and 2nd.
                              Future, the reason I said that coz I asked my BI and he told me 18 days if not expedited. I actually counted the days and it was exactly 18 days between the day they got my case and submitting it.

Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
                              Jade, did you have a deadline to return the fingerprints by? My instructions say they have to be mailed by the same date as the background forms. You mail those separately from the other forms, correct? I just don't want to screw up this part. I've come so far.
                              Alex, I was instructed to send the fingerprints within the timeline I was given which was 10 days. The reason I did them asap is so I can make sure I got done with them and sent them so I can focus on the actual eqip. So as long as you send them before your designated day you should be fine.

Originally posted by CBPO Applicant View Post
                              Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum. It looks like there are many applicants moving parallel to each other in the hiring process. I had my polygraph last week and the agent told me that I've passed the test but it'll be reviewed by quality control before they make any decision. I guess am also in the waiting game now. I believe I would be contacted by BI within the next couple of weeks but prior to the meeting BIs will check my references? Here's my timeline so far.
                              Welcome to joining our group man, good luck in this process and you are def close to where some us are. Keep us posted.

Comment

• Hi everyone. I took the poly Mar and haven't heard anything afterwards.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12863 users online. 471 members and 12392 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X