Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a change of scenery. I just tested Monday. Good luck to all who tested under the May 1st announcement.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DreaMer89 View Post
      Hey guys, I've been lurking around this forum for sometime now; so I figured why not introduce myself. I'm from the NYC area and this is my timeline so far:

      Geo: North East
      09/23/13 Took the test
      10/02/13 NOR
      12/16/13 TSL
      01/02/14 medical and fitness test
      02/03/14 submitted TSL paperwork
      02/??/14 background investigation initiated
      03/24/14 resubmitted "missing" TSL paperwork
      04/10/14 VBT & SI interview
      06/20/14 Scheduled for polygraph test

      I would love to hear from others how they're hold through the process, especially from the eastern locations. From what I gather, the process in the western locations seem to be a bit more faster. Any tips for the polygraph test would greatly appreciated as well. Good Luck to us all.
      Glad to have you in the forums sharing insight with us.
      My tip for the polygraph.

      1. Tell the truth
      2. Keep calm. Think of things that help that. "Happy place" like happy Gilmore.

      Good luck! Keep us posted!
      Geo - East Texas
      Exam date - 9/7/2013
      NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
      TSL - 11/27/2014
      PFT1 - 12/27/2014
      VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
      EQIP - 1/18/2014
      Credit check - 2/4/2014
      GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
      Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
      Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
      Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
      Drug Test - 6/26/2014
      PFT2 - 7/10/2014
      EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
      FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
      CBP Session #359 Guidon
      Awarded Physical Training Award

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
        I watched Spain get slammed.
        Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
        Never has anyone representing Spain looked so lost since Christopher Columbus headed for Asia in 1492
        Hey! I'm Spanish!

        This hiring process is definitely a patience builder. Been waiting for about a month now for news on the next step following the VBT/SI. No update on the medical either.
        Geo - Central East Coast
        CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
        NOR - 10/24/2013
        TSL - 1/30/2014
        VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
        PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
        VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
        eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

        Comment


        • Thanks for the tip FutureCBPO, I'll definitely keep you posted, hopefully with some good news.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DreaMer89 View Post
            I would love to hear from others how they're hold through the process, especially from the eastern locations. From what I gather, the process in the western locations seem to be a bit more faster. Any tips for the polygraph test would greatly appreciated as well. Good Luck to us all.
            Hello, glad to have you to here with us. This forum helps pass the time while we are all waiting for a long time. Polygraph for me was the most stressful stage in this hiring process, there's no preparation or study for it. However, you can have ways to get ready for it "mentally" especially a day or two before the actual interview, such as not having alcohol a day before, drive a day before if it's not scheduled in your town to avoid any road delays, not listen to loud music a night before, dress attire, getting plenty of sleep, not having caffeine in the morning or a lot of water, etc. Most importantly, do NOT dwell on any question you are asked, just answer and move on mentally to the next question. Keep us posted and best of luck to join us in the academy hopefully.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
              Hey! I'm Spanish!

              This hiring process is definitely a patience builder. Been waiting for about a month now for news on the next step following the VBT/SI. No update on the medical either.
              Hello Spanish the game was great, I am a big soccer fan and I think the world cup is going to help with the waiting game. Did you submit your SF86? And, what is your geo?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                Hello, glad to have you to here with us. This forum helps pass the time while we are all waiting for a long time. Polygraph for me was the most stressful stage in this hiring process, there's no preparation or study for it. However, you can have ways to get ready for it "mentally" especially a day or two before the actual interview, such as not having alcohol a day before, drive a day before if it's not scheduled in your town to avoid any road delays, not listen to loud music a night before, dress attire, getting plenty of sleep, not having caffeine in the morning or a lot of water, etc. Most importantly, do NOT dwell on any question you are asked, just answer and move on mentally to the next question. Keep us posted and best of luck to join us in the academy hopefully.

                Hey Jade78, thanks for the insight. I will definitely stick to your advice.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DreaMer89 View Post
                  Hey Jade78, thanks for the insight. I will definitely stick to your advice.
                  Of course. You might have more question a day or two before. Everybody here has great insight on so many situations.

                  Comment


                  • In regards to the math portion of the exam, it wouldn't have been so strenuous if they had just let us use a calculator. For God sakes, calculators are everywhere nowadays! I'm pretty sure we would be able to find one when on duty if we needed to crunch numbers. I mean, do they really care if we physically do the long math processes on paper or do they just just want us to complete the problem and get the right answer! End rant

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Peacemaker54 View Post
                      In regards to the math portion of the exam, it wouldn't have been so strenuous if they had just let us use a calculator. For God sakes, calculators are everywhere nowadays! I'm pretty sure we would be able to find one when on duty if we needed to crunch numbers. I mean, do they really care if we physically do the long math processes on paper or do they just just want us to complete the problem and get the right answer! End rant
                      True, but, it might be a way to weed out the ones who really do not know much about the exam, coz lets' be honest, the math portion is not so difficult. Also, math is a way to test if the person has some intelligence because they need people who can answer to quick math problems if needs be even though we all have calculators in our phones.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                        True, but, it might be a way to weed out the ones who really do not know much about the exam, coz lets' be honest, the math portion is not so difficult. Also, math is a way to test if the person has some intelligence because they need people who can answer to quick math problems if needs be even though we all have calculators in our phones.
                        Tooshay Jade... I HATE MATH (AND I'M NOT GOOD AT IT), BUT I LOVE LAW ENFORCEMENT, SO I STUDIED UP ON MATH AND MANAGED TO PASS WITH A GOOD SCORE. SO IT PROBABLY IS A WAY TO SEE WHAT APPLICANTS JUST SHOWED UP FOR THE TEST...AND WHICH ONES DID SOME PREP WORK. I FOR ONE WOULD WANT MY PARTNER TO BE THE LATTER.
                        Geo: West Coast
                        Applied: 7-1-13
                        Tested: 8-3-13
                        NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                        Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                        Medical: 12-30-13
                        Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                        VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                        Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                        Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                        Background finished: 6-10-14
                        Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                        Drug Test: 8-13-14
                        The Call: 08-20-14
                        PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                        EOD: 9-22-2014
                        Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

                        Comment


                        • Sorry for the Capslock
                          Geo: West Coast
                          Applied: 7-1-13
                          Tested: 8-3-13
                          NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
                          Tentative Select: 12-16-13
                          Medical: 12-30-13
                          Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
                          VBT & SI: 3-17-14
                          Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
                          Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
                          Background finished: 6-10-14
                          Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
                          Drug Test: 8-13-14
                          The Call: 08-20-14
                          PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
                          EOD: 9-22-2014
                          Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

                          Comment


                          • That VBT had me pumped for the job. Just hope I didnt fail the SI.

                            Comment


                            • You will be fine.

                              Comment


                              • First Polygraph I did was on May 27 sent to quality control for review. then they want me for do another one on July 3. 5 hours test.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10568 users online. 421 members and 10147 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X