300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
    I do indeed have a roommate here at the Taj. It is not ideal and the teaching staff doesn't appear to care too much. We are being told to "deal with it". The academics are not rocket science. Put that together with an obnoxious roommate and you get a failing student --- all because you put them together IN A ROOM DESIGNED FOR ONE PERSON.
    I don't get what you're saying here; because the academics are not that hard, the thing that will make you fail is your roommate? Is that correct?
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• anyone got a number for me to get a hold of the Minneapolis hiring center? i need to contact them ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
        anyone got a number for me to get a hold of the Minneapolis hiring center? i need to contact them ASAP.
        Check your PM inbox.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Right on the money. I personally "get along" with my roommate. Yeah, there are small unfriendly battles over the room temperature AND what a negotiable TV volume is AND which way the TV is swinging AND where the TV remote is kept...otherwise I am fine (no sarcasm meant). Now for anyone on the edge or a hothead in life, this would be a HUGE issue. Can you see any fighting in the future? How does that workout? They live together --- would that now be domestic violence?? Remember, you have two clowns together in a room that is built for one person. There is NO psychological exam for CBPO.

This is a real scenario: 45y/o man "A" who lives a quiet life paired up with a 22y/o kid "B" who jams out to rap music all night. There is no question that it can be difficult for older people to learn academics and do physical agility exercises. Lets say Mr. A gets home from chow at 6PM, studies, and goes to bed at 9PM cuz he is tired and has to get up at 5:45 to beat the kid to the shower. Now lets say that the kid comes back drunk at 9PM every night and turns on the TV on MTV. Lets also say that he now turns on his lamp and is loud as hell for the REST OF THE NIGHT and always forgets to turn off the light that is over the sink that shines right into the face of Mr. "A"...

That is a small dose the crap that isn't working out here. Snoring? I got a guy in my class that is about to throw his roommate through the window because of his snoring problem. Academics are a problem for these two folks because they don't sleep.
              Do you have a college education? If so, did you ever have a roommate in one or more years of those years while obtaining that education?

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know the relationship between CBPO and local / state LEO? Do local LEO treat CBPO as LEO? Do CBPO get their license plate sealed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustang342 View Post
                    Does anyone know the relationship between CBPO and local / state LEO? Do local LEO treat CBPO as LEO? Do CBPO get their license plate sealed?
                    I think it is very officer dependent. My wife has a photo of my graduation in her office. I have heard more than once that I am a "wannabe" from local officers, who have visited her. I laugh, since I'm not a "wannabe", I'm a "been-there-done-that-not-dumb-enough-to-do-it-again-for-so-little-money". The few who have cast disparaging remarks my way to my face, didn't seem to know what our authority and job is. They still think were are the pre-9/11 agency. Those who listen normally leave the conversation with, "I didn't know you had so much law enforcement responsibility." Those who still remain indignant, I remind I can search simply because I said so, they have to have PC or that they look for grams and I look for kilos. With all of that said, I've also talked several officers who treat us as law enforcement.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• cbp use of force change?

Ive heard from a few officers at my port that our use of force is changing. I heard we may be getting persuit authority and also be able to carry on an airplane, off-duty.. Anyone else heard anything about this? Still sux that we have to carry concealed off duty. Kinda hard to conceal in the summer when u just have a tshirt and shorts on lol
                      "Just another day in paradise"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustang342 View Post
                        Does anyone know the relationship between CBPO and local / state LEO? Do local LEO treat CBPO as LEO? Do CBPO get their license plate sealed?
                        Mustang-
                        I'm not sure of where in Ca you are, but when I started I worked in Long Beach. While I was working out there, we were always treated respectfully by local LEO's. A lot of them seemed to have a pretty good opinion of the job we did. We also had a great working relationship with CHP, LA Port and Long Beach PD's. As for getting your license plate sealed, that is an option in Ca. You just need a supervisors signature of the DMV form.

Comment

• I'm going to go ahead and ask the dumb question - what does it mean to have your license plate sealed?

Comment

• Originally posted by woodster11x View Post
                            Still sux that we have to carry concealed off duty. Kinda hard to conceal in the summer when u just have a tshirt and shorts on lol
                            Kinda confused: Would you prefer to open carry or not carry at all? You know we aren't required to carry off duty, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by VT04 View Post
                              I'm going to go ahead and ask the dumb question - what does it mean to have your license plate sealed?
                              In Ca, if your LE, Fire or other select civil service professions, you can get your license plate "confidential-ized". Basically if anyone (like the bad guys) try to run your plate, all they'll get is your agency name and work address instead of your home address.

It's also good for professional courtesy.

Comment

Doubling up is official beginning 9 weeks ago. There are a few classes that didn't have to double up because there weren't any double rooms available when they arrived. Rumor is that they will be forced to move to a double room as soon as they open up.

I do indeed have a roommate here at the Taj. It is not ideal and the teaching staff doesn't appear to care too much. We are being told to "deal with it". The academics are not rocket science. Put that together with an obnoxious roommate and you get a failing student --- all because you put them together IN A ROOM DESIGNED FOR ONE PERSON.

I haven't heard any rumors of other agencies doubling up; just us CBP children. Yeah, lets funnel billions of dollars to DHS but treat us like rats. I offered to PAY for my own housing OFFSITE and I was denied. I offered to PAY to stay the crackhouse and I was denied. "Deal with it".
                                So when you say it's designed for one person, can you give rough dimensions here? Are we talking a 15x10 room or something?

Heh, needs of the service. Never thought I'd have to hear that again in my life.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4827 users online. 339 members and 4488 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X