300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
    I hope that the people who make the decision to hire, don't read your comment! If your concern is how much time off you get and what holidays you get off, they might think this isn't the job for you.
    We'll I would like to know what kind of vacation time im going to get in a job that coild be at for 20-25 years. Also having holidays with my family is very important to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by newyorkyankee517 View Post
      We'll I would like to know what kind of vacation time im going to get in a job that coild be at for 20-25 years. Also having holidays with my family is very important to me.
      Well as a new officer, I don't expect to get many holidays off for awhile. Like I said, if that is a concern to you, as well as just jogging the 1.5 mile run, this may not be the career for you.
      Geo- Florida
      CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
      NOR- 98 10/25/13
      Qual- GS 7
      TSL- 2/28/14
      PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
      VBT/SI- 5/9/14
      VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
      BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
      BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
      BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
        Well as a new officer, I don't expect to get many holidays off for awhile. Like I said, if that is a concern to you, as well as just jogging the 1.5 mile run, this may not be the career for you.
        The run isn't a concern for me, I'm just asking if you can jog during the test. Since I'm a pretty fast guy without exercising.

Comment

If having holidays with your family is very important, this definitely is not the job or career for you. Just like the military, you will work many nights, weekends and holidays. Law enforcement is a different lifestyle. I suggest you find yourself a Monday to Friday gig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
            You guys, something odd I just thought of and I wanna ask if you had the same. If you met with your BI for the second time, did (s)he asked you to sign one last paper coz you forgot to sign it or coz it got stuck with another paper?
            What does coz mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
              What does coz mean?
              Coz= because

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
                If having holidays with your family is very important, this definitely is not the job or career for you. Just like the military, you will work many nights, weekends and holidays. Law enforcement is a different lifestyle. I suggest you find yourself a Monday to Friday gig.

I still haven't even taken the poly yet, so who knows if I will get through that. Since I've heard plenty of horror stories. Yes I know law enforcement is a different lifestyle and I've worked weekends and nights, before so that isn't a issue and also holidays.

I still want this job if I make it through everything. It was just something I wanted to know for futute reference.

Comment

Chances are slim you will get any major holidays off for a number of years unless they just happen to land on your regular days off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
                    Chances are slim you will get any major holidays off for a number of years unless they just happen to land on your regular days off.
                    Firefox is right. If it falls on your days off, you're typically off. But keep in mind every port has different demandsand high seasons.
                    Geo: West Coast
                    CBPO Exam: June 2014
                    NOR: July 2014
                    TSL: August 2014
                    eQIP Sent: August 2014
                    Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                    VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                    Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• Does the BI interview every person that I put as a reference on the eqip? Along with calling all my old jobs?

Comment

I'm thinking ahead here if I ended up getting the job , but curious to know how much vacation time you have in CBP each year.

Also getting holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving off. I know you have to work holidays for CBP, but working those kinds of holidays every year would be annoying to not being able to see my family.
                        For the first 3 years of federal service, you'll see 4 hours per pay period of annual leave(approx. 12 days). Between 3-15 years it bumps up to 6 hours per pay period.(18 days, roughly) After 15 years it shoots up to 8 hours per PP(24 days)

When and if you'll get to spend that time during the holidays will depend a lot on your port and it's seniority list and staffing needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
                          Merlin,
                          Can u clear out pm box abit?

I've cleaned up a bit. There should be room for multiple PMs.

Comment

• Quick question guys and gals......Does MHC count the additional CBP experience and personality towards your test ? I'm talking about the Gazillion questions they ask you at the end does that count for something ? Test Tomorrow !!! I am ready 4 it
                            Last edited by NavyMa2; 06-12-2014, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NavyMa2 View Post
                              Sorry Thanks Sis

I took it today! It's the exact same thing except on a computer. No ones on your butt about breaks and you can move on when ever you are ready
                              CBPO: GS-5
                              Geo/Location: JFK
                              Tested: 3/'13
                              NOR (84)
                              Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                              Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                              Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                              The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                              BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                              EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                                You guys, something odd I just thought of and I wanna ask if you had the same. If you met with your BI for the second time, did (s)he asked you to sign one last paper coz you forgot to sign it or coz it got stuck with another paper?
                                Negative Jade. Didn't have to sign anything.
                                Geo - East Texas
                                Exam date - 9/7/2013
                                NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                                TSL - 11/27/2014
                                PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                                VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                                EQIP - 1/18/2014
                                Credit check - 2/4/2014
                                GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                                Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                                Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                                Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                                Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                                PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                                EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                                FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                                CBP Session #359 Guidon
                                Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9828 users online. 498 members and 9330 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X