300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
    Anyone on here recently took the exam and got a score of 70s or 80s and progressed well beyond the TSL? Everyone seems to have 90+ scores with or without vet points...

Just curious as I await my NOR.
    I ended up getting a 74 on the written test which I wasn't too happy about and figured there would be no way I'd progress any further and end up getting a TSL 3 months later. Now I'm taking my polygraph the end of this month. Process has gone pretty quickly to this point for me.
    Last edited by newyorkyankee517; 06-11-2014, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by newyorkyankee517 View Post
      I ended up getting a 74 on the written test which I wasn't too happy about and figured there would be no way I'd profess any further and end up getting a TSL 3 months later. Now I'm taking my polygraph the end of this month. Process has gone pretty quickly to this point for me.
      Thanks for the info buddy. I have a glimmer of hope now at least; just hoping I did well enough to pass it.
      Geo: West Coast
      CBPO Exam: June 2014
      NOR: July 2014
      TSL: August 2014
      eQIP Sent: August 2014
      Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
      VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
      Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
        hey jade still waiting on my vbt si results... hows the process going on for you?
        John, pm me plz

Comment

• Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
          Where i must correct your statement, EVERYONE working for the government does HAVE a security clearance. Perhaps you meant to say, not everyone gets a Top Secret clearance?
          The confusion here comes from people only thinking of the "National Security Clearances" (i.e. Confidential, Secret, Top Secret). Everyone hired into a fed position will undergo a background check of some type (e.g. credit check, criminal history, SSBI, etc...), but not all get a National Security Clearance. Some positions are "Public Trust" which basically means you wont be exposed to information that could lead to injury of the United States, but you could be dealing with things like medical records or other PII.

This website lays it out well for any who are interested:
          http://gogovernment.org/how_to_apply..._clearance.php

Comment

• Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
            There is an interesting article on Fedsmith.com now, about security clearances. Here is the title from the page itself.

Happy Father’s Day, Dad – I Just Cost You Your Security Clearance.
            Oh wow, with that title, how can you not read it? Searching now LOL.

Comment

• I thought they were changing the 5 year vetting to annually.
              Or did that not get passed?
              Geo - East Texas
              Exam date - 9/7/2013
              NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
              TSL - 11/27/2014
              PFT1 - 12/27/2014
              VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
              EQIP - 1/18/2014
              Credit check - 2/4/2014
              GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
              Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
              Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
              Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
              Drug Test - 6/26/2014
              PFT2 - 7/10/2014
              EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
              FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
              CBP Session #359 Guidon
              Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by saone View Post
                Oh wow, with that title, how can you not read it? Searching now LOL.
                Meh, it wasn't really that interesting I mean the issues are serious. But I have noticed that agencies do things differently when it comes to adjudicating SSBIs. For one, you absolutely need to let the security office know where you are traveling overseas, and another one doesn't require you to do so.

Comment

• For those of you who did BI already, how many did SSBI?

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
                    Does anybody know where we can find the academy schedule? That way I can guesstimate what day we might be going.
                    I've never seen an academy schedule released to the public.

Even if you had one I wouldn't expect you to be able to guesstimate more or less among 3-6+ classes stretched over a 2-6 week period.

Comment

Do they have academies every month at FLETC? Because reading this thread for quite a while I seen, some people have EODs in May, academy in June, then a EOD in June/academy July and some going to the academy in August.

Figured they would have one every 4 months since that's how long you have to be there.

I'm just wondering because if I get through the process and get accepted into academy I would want it to be before I get married next August and after the holidays this year because I wouldn't want to spend Christmas at FLETC.
                      Expect to see 3-4 new classes per month, each month until the new fiscal year.(October)

After that, I'd expect things to pick up even more. the last plan I saw was to hire roughly 800 more people in FY15 than in FY14.

Comment

• airplane.jpg

We have clearance, Clarence...

Firefox is correct.

The majority of CBPOs have no clearance. they merely have a SSBI suitability determination making them eligible for a clearance...if one is needed.

Most CBPOs will see/work with nothing beyond sensitive and/or controlled information/systems.

Comment

• I'm thinking ahead here if I ended up getting the job , but curious to know how much vacation time you have in CBP each year.

Also getting holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving off. I know you have to work holidays for CBP, but working those kinds of holidays every year would be annoying to not being able to see my family.

Comment

• You guys, something odd I just thought of and I wanna ask if you had the same. If you met with your BI for the second time, did (s)he asked you to sign one last paper coz you forgot to sign it or coz it got stuck with another paper?

Comment

• Also wondering for the 1.5 run for the PFT2, can you jog along with run during the test? Just as long as you finish before the time limit? Or you have to run as hard as you can all the way through?

Comment

I'm thinking ahead here if I ended up getting the job , but curious to know how much vacation time you have in CBP each year.

Also getting holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving off. I know you have to work holidays for CBP, but working those kinds of holidays every year would be annoying to not being able to see my family.
                                I hope that the people who make the decision to hire, don't read your comment! If your concern is how much time off you get and what holidays you get off, they might think this isn't the job for you.
                                Geo- Florida
                                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                                Qual- GS 7
                                TSL- 2/28/14
                                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                                BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                                BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                                BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11793 users online. 448 members and 11345 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X