300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
    Same here, actually. Had my VBT/SI 4 weeks ago, got my "Eligible" e-mail two days later. No BI e-mail as of yet.
    I took my VBT/SI on 5/14 and didn't get my results until 5/23.

Comment

• well, i think there is always a waiting point for everybody somewhere along the line. My process was moving quickly enough untill questions were raised about my selective service status after my equip was submitted. I have been exempted by the selctive service system because when i first enter U.S I was over the age of 26. Therefore i wasn't obliged to register. However, instead of somebody (from the hiring center) just calling the selective service to verify the authenticity of the exemption letter i forwarded to them, they decided i have to send more documents regarding my citizenship status, point of entry, date of birth, foreign passport etc. All those documents have been sent to OPM for final determination. They said they already verified from sss that i didnt register (which i already admitted and provided a proof why i didnt have to)but did not verify the exemption letter from sss i sent to them.I talked to selective service about the issue and they were as surprised as i was that i had to go through this. The thing is Iam already a federal law enforcement officer and never had to go through this further verification process. They have no idea how long it will take for OPM to to finish in order for my BI to begin. Now the waiting game is on. I hope it goes quicker. Good luck to anybody waiting for one reason or ther other.
      Last edited by wllyblack; 06-11-2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• WASHINGTON (MCT) — The head of internal affairs for U.S. Customs and Border Protection was removed from his post Monday amid criticism that he failed to investigate hundreds of allegations of abuse and use of force by armed border agents, officials said.
        Wonder if this may have anything to do with slower BI for some of us.
        Geo - East Texas
        Exam date - 9/7/2013
        NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
        TSL - 11/27/2014
        PFT1 - 12/27/2014
        VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
        EQIP - 1/18/2014
        Credit check - 2/4/2014
        GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
        Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
        Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
        Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
        Drug Test - 6/26/2014
        PFT2 - 7/10/2014
        EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
        FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
        CBP Session #359 Guidon
        Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by wllyblack View Post
          well, i think there is always a waiting point for everybody somewhere along the line. My process was moving quickly enough untill questions were raised about my selective service status after my equip was submitted. I have been exempted by the selctive service system because when i first enter U.S I was over the age of 26. Therefore i wasn't obliged to register. However, instead of somebody (from the hiring center) just calling the selective service to verify the authenticity of the exemption letter i forwarded to them, they decided i have to send more documents regarding my citizenship status, point of entry, date of birth, foreign passport etc. All those documents have been sent to OPM for final determination. They said they already verified from sss that i didnt register (which i already admitted and provided a proof why i didnt have to)but did not verify the exemption letter from sss i sent to them.I talked to selective service about the issue and they were as surprised as i was that i had to go through this. The thing is Iam already a federal law enforcement officer and never had to go through this further verification process. They have no idea how long it will take for OPM to to finish in order for my BI to begin. Now the waiting game is on. I hope it goes quicker. Good luck to anybody waiting for one reason or ther other.
          Good luck to you. I hope you get a determination soon. It has been 5 months since my PFT1/Medical and while my PFT1 has cleared, it is going on 10 weeks for my medical review to clear but I suppose in the broad scope of the whole process 10 weeks is nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
            Your timeline is very similar to yours. Maybe I should email my BI and ask him when will he send my packet. Keep us posted.

Thanks. Same to you.
            Hey Jade. I think I lucked out with my background investigation. The investigator was very straight forward and was constantly providing me with updates. But one thing to think is, your investigator could have multiple cases he's working on, be on his annual summer vacation with the family, be following up with local courts and police departments... Etc. If you think he won't be mean I would send him a quick email or something. Could even tell him you were just updating him to let him know all is good and see if he needs anything further from you at this point.
            Geo: West Coast
            Applied: 7-1-13
            Tested: 8-3-13
            NOR: 9-9-13 (96%)
            Tentative Select: 12-16-13
            Medical: 12-30-13
            Submitted SF86: 2-28-14
            VBT & SI: 3-17-14
            Polygraph x2: 4-7-14 (inconclusive)/ 4-30-14 (passed)
            Sit down with BI: 5-22-14
            Background finished: 6-10-14
            Background Checkmark: 8-14-14
            Drug Test: 8-13-14
            The Call: 08-20-14
            PFT2: 09-05-14 San Diego
            EOD: 9-22-2014
            Academy: 10-23-2014 to 03-09-2015

Comment

• I can tell you guys and gals this security B/I process is the hurry up and wait process. I have held multiple clearances and certificates and I can tell u from experience seeing your guys post different things about what's going on with you adjudication I don't see anything that will hold you up. Remember there are thousands of other applicants from different federal agency's going thru OPM. If something is wrong and you cannot get a clearance you can PM me I will give you guidance on how to appeal it... its called a Statement of Reasons (SOR) but getting a secret is not hard it just takes a while.
              Last edited by NavyMa2; 06-11-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
                Hey I have a question for all you guys (and gals) going through the BI process: Did you get your packets and stuff after your medical process was completely done (green check mark in CASS, or sent in all forms, etc.)? It seems like everyone who had their VBT/SI around the same time I did has already started their BI process. The only thing I can think of that's holding me up is I have to send in a form regarding my eyesight post-LASIK. I know the process goes at different speeds for everyone but I'm just curious if I'm the only one who's still waiting.
                In my case, I didn't start the BI process until after my medical review was cleared. Which was about 3 months after I had the PFT 1/ med exam. In between that I had my VBT & SI. Seems like it could be the LASIK deal causing a slight delay for your BI process to begin?

Also to add to the various perspectives on timelines I didn't get scheduled for a poly until 8 months after my BI began.

Comment

• Originally posted by commandostyle View Post
                  In my case, I didn't start the BI process until after my medical review was cleared. Which was about 3 months after I had the PFT 1/ med exam. In between that I had my VBT & SI. Seems like it could be the LASIK deal causing a slight delay for your BI process to begin?

Also to add to the various perspectives on timelines I didn't get scheduled for a poly until 8 months after my BI began.
                  Good info. This would explain (most likely) why I have not received my BI email yet. I am still waiting for my med review to clear.
                  Last edited by NYJRM10; 06-11-2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• USCG LEME,

Good day! I'm still waiting on poly results. Do you mind advising how you received the inconclusive notice on your initial poly and how you were advised of the re-test schedule? Just trying to gain a smidge more of perspective on how poly results are being given.

Comment

• Thank you all for your replies. I know this process is not a quick one by any means (no Law Enforcement agency's process really is). It's a bit of a shock how fast the first few steps flew by.

Glad to have this board as a resource to see where I am in relation to others. Good luck all of you--Hope to work with you some day soon!
                      Civitas Ad Mare
                      LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
                      TSL: 12/18/13
                      PFT1/Med: 1/14
                      VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
                      BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
                      Drug test: TBD
                      Polygraph: TBD
                      PFT2: TBD
                      EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
                      Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• Originally posted by commandostyle View Post
                        USCG LEME,

Good day! I'm still waiting on poly results. Do you mind advising how you received the inconclusive notice on your initial poly and how you were advised of the re-test schedule? Just trying to gain a smidge more of perspective on how poly results are being given.
                        It was definitely disappointing. I went to my first polygraph and it seriously took all day. I got there at 830 and didn't leave till 4pm. He pretty much said at the very end of the day, "I still have concerns and need your absolute attention. Im not failing you, but I'm not passing you either. I'm gonna reschedule you to come back for follow up..." I came back about 3 weeks later and the polygraph took about 4 hours. When the investigator saw me staying consistent and felt that I was being honest he said that he recommended that I pass and that my case would be forwarded for quality control. He said I might get called back for further questioning if the higher ups wanted it, but thought I'd be fine. After that I went home and never heard from the polygrapher again. Next call I got was from my assigned BI. And I know that the BI was working on my case before calling me cause he called one of my references from the SF86.

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
                          It was definitely disappointing. I went to my first polygraph and it seriously took all day. I got there at 830 and didn't leave till 4pm. He pretty much said at the very end of the day, "I still have concerns and need your absolute attention. Im not failing you, but I'm not passing you either. I'm gonna reschedule you to come back for follow up..." I came back about 3 weeks later and the polygraph took about 4 hours. When the investigator saw me staying consistent and felt that I was being honest he said that he recommended that I pass and that my case would be forwarded for quality control. He said I might get called back for further questioning if the higher ups wanted it, but thought I'd be fine. After that I went home and never heard from the polygrapher again. Next call I got was from my assigned BI. And I know that the BI was working on my case before calling me cause he called one of my references from the SF86.
                          Appreciate the insight, and glad you passed👍! My examiner didn't tell me I passed or failed. I also didn't realize I should've pushed for his assessment.
                          Anyway we're the same geo: West coast and seeing your timeline you're speeding along nicely (compared to mine). Hopefully that continues for you, good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

• I always thought that once you passed the polygraph then you're automatically passing the rest of the BI. Well, not really coz you might have somebody who doesn't like you say crap about you and you end up waiting restlessly on the adjudication results even if you know you are good and nothing to worry about. It's the game of nerves.

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG LEME View Post
                              okay everybody, My background investigator just called and said he submitted my packet 2 MHC or Washington DC something like that. Let's see how long this adjudication process really takes for West Coast. Next step will be drug test for me. Ill be here nervously waiting to see if I pass the background.
                              My investigator also submitted my background file yesterday, I'm waiting for the drug test as well and I applied for West Coast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1981 View Post
                                My investigator also submitted my background file yesterday, I'm waiting for the drug test as well and I applied for West Coast.
                                That's awesome. It's nice to know that we're in the same situation. Hopefully we can keep each other up to date with where we are both at in the process. Is your timeline similar to mine?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12981 users online. 479 members and 12502 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X