• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
    My Cass just updated today

Pre-Employment forms has been check marked
    Background is in security office.

Any idea when I should be hearing about the Polygraph next or will I meet with my BI first?

Hah, I'm hoping to be in the academy by the end of the year also!

Good luck to you
    It took me 8 weeks between submitting eqip and meeting for poly. 2 weeks later, meeting my BI which is today. Wish me luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
      It took me 8 weeks between submitting eqip and meeting for poly. 2 weeks later, meeting my BI which is today. Wish me luck.
      Damn 2 months of waiting!

Good luck with your meeting today, let us know how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
        Wish me luck.
        Good Luck Jade!!! Let us know how it goes!
        Geo - East Texas
        Exam date - 9/7/2013
        NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
        TSL - 11/27/2014
        PFT1 - 12/27/2014
        VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
        EQIP - 1/18/2014
        Credit check - 2/4/2014
        GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
        Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
        Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
        Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
        Drug Test - 6/26/2014
        PFT2 - 7/10/2014
        EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
        FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
        CBP Session #359 Guidon
        Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• If you have relatives like aunts, uncles, grandparents living in another country, will BIs go visit that country?
          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
            If you have relatives like aunts, uncles, grandparents living in another country, will BIs go visit that country?
            Only immediate family members.
            Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother.
            Geo - East Texas
            Exam date - 9/7/2013
            NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
            TSL - 11/27/2014
            PFT1 - 12/27/2014
            VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
            EQIP - 1/18/2014
            Credit check - 2/4/2014
            GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
            Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
            Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
            Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
            Drug Test - 6/26/2014
            PFT2 - 7/10/2014
            EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
            FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
            CBP Session #359 Guidon
            Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• A little over 4 hours of meeting with the BI, we talked about almost everything, immediate family parents and sibs only. I asked him at the end about the adjudication process and he said it could take years and it depends on how much new employees they need but he said that they have 18 days for each applicant to finish investigating and about 40 days for making a decision.

How did it go? I don't know, all I know is that he was nice and professional and he said he might have to call me if he missed something. So we will see.

Comment

• Took the CBP Officer written exam today; it was harder than I expected. I hope I did well enough to pass; not that I would like a low score. I've been too adjusted to graduate school paper/projects; not a lot of standardized exams.

Best of luck to all who took the written this round. I'll keep y'all posted until I know the NOR even if I failed, which I really hope I didn't.

Quick questions:
                1. Can I retake this if there's another open announcement later this year?
                2. Has anyone recieved their score?
                Last edited by UNLVegas; 06-05-2014, 08:14 PM.
                Geo: West Coast
                CBPO Exam: June 2014
                NOR: July 2014
                TSL: August 2014
                eQIP Sent: August 2014
                Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• UNLVegas, Good luck I hope you passed you guys are getting me super nervous I take the test next week. Can u give any insight

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
                    Took the CBP Officer written exam today; it was harder than I expected. I hope I did well enough to pass; not that I would like a low score. I've been too adjusted to graduate school paper/projects; not a lot of standardized exams.

Best of luck to all who took the written this round. I'll keep y'all posted until I know the NOR even if I failed, which I really hope I didn't.

Quick questions:
                    With previous testing method all people who failed written exam had to wait 1 year before retest. Pretty sure that's still the case.

Comment

Took the CBP Officer written exam today; it was harder than I expected. I hope I did well enough to pass; not that I would like a low score. I've been too adjusted to graduate school paper/projects; not a lot of standardized exams.

Quick questions:
                      Did you study ?? Well I took it in October last year bug had the ok to retake this time around since it was a new system. I take it on the 13th
                      CBPO: GS-5
                      Geo/Location: JFK
                      Tested: 3/'13
                      NOR (84)
                      Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                      Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                      Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                      The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                      BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                      EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                        Did you study ?? Well I took it in October last year bug had the ok to retake this time around since it was a new system. I take it on the 13th
                        I studied 2 to 3 hours a day for weeks. I used the CBP guides and some practice tests online. I ran out of time for the last few questions and had to guess blindly.

I hope this is going to be scaled to reflect the collective as I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't perform 90+ on the new computer based exam. (I'm assuming this is new?)
                        Geo: West Coast
                        CBPO Exam: June 2014
                        NOR: July 2014
                        TSL: August 2014
                        eQIP Sent: August 2014
                        Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                        VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                        Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

I studied 2 to 3 hours a day for weeks. I used the CBP guides and some practice tests online. I ran out of time for the last few questions and had to guess blindly.

I hope this is going to be scaled to reflect the collective as I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't perform 90+ on the new computer based exam. (I'm assuming this is new?)
                          Oh ok well don't stress it if you did your best, give about 2 weeks you should have your results
                          CBPO: GS-5
                          Geo/Location: JFK
                          Tested: 3/'13
                          NOR (84)
                          Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                          Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                          Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                          The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                          BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                          EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• I am slightly confused how night differential is calculated. I am currently a Fed Leo and night shift differential is paid for any hours worked between 1800-0600. However, i was reading that with CBP that it is different % based on shift. Lets say you work 1200-2000 where only 2 hours would be night shift. Would you still get the 15% for the entire shift.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                              I am slightly confused how night differential is calculated. I am currently a Fed Leo and night shift differential is paid for any hours worked between 1800-0600. However, i was reading that with CBP that it is different % based on shift. Lets say you work 1200-2000 where only 2 hours would be night shift. Would you still get the 15% for the entire shift.

19USC267

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/19/267

"b) Premium pay for customs officers
                              (1) Night work differential
                              (A) 3 p.m. to midnight shiftwork
                              If the majority of the hours of regularly scheduled work of a customs officer occurs during the period beginning at 3 p.m. and ending at 12 a.m., the officer is entitled to pay for work during such period (except for work to which paragraph (2) or (3) applies) at the officer’s hourly rate of basic pay plus premium pay amounting to 15 percent of that basic rate.

(B) 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. shiftwork
                              If the majority of the hours of regularly scheduled work of a customs officer occurs during the period beginning at 11 p.m. and ending at 8 a.m., the officer is entitled to pay for work during such period (except for work to which paragraph (2) or (3) applies) at the officer’s hourly rate of basic pay plus premium pay amounting to 20 percent of that basic rate.

(C) 7:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. shiftwork
                              If the regularly scheduled work assignment of a customs officer is 7:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m., the officer is entitled to pay for work during such period (except for work to which paragraph (2) or (3) applies) at the officer’s hourly rate of basic pay plus premium pay amounting to 15 percent of that basic rate for the period from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. and at the officer’s hourly rate of basic pay plus premium pay amounting to 20 percent of that basic rate for the period from 11:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.

(2) Sunday differential
                              A customs officer who performs any regularly scheduled work on a Sunday that is not a holiday is entitled to pay for that work at the officer’s hourly rate of basic pay plus premium pay amounting to 50 percent of that basic rate.

(3) Holiday differential
                              A customs officer who performs any regularly scheduled work on a holiday is entitled to pay for that work at the officer’s hourly rate of basic pay plus premium pay amounting to 100 percent of that basic rate."

COPRA has it's own set of rules that differ from some of the usual ones.

Regarding your 1200-2000 example, all 8 hours receive 15% night differential.

Comment

• Cool thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10509 users online. 386 members and 10123 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X