Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see, well good luck to you MangoMan. I hope you get Las Vegas.
    Last edited by K-Chahal; 06-02-2014, 04:38 PM.
    Exam:9/19/13 West Coast
    NOR: 9/24/13
    TSL:11/27/13
    Medical and PFT-1: 12/27/13
    VBT/SI: 1/09/14
    BI: 2/03/14 (Submitted Paperwork)
    Qualifications: cleared 4/14
    Polygraph: 5/06/14
    Referred to schedule EOD: 5/21/14
    Drug Test: 5/22/14
    BI interview: 6/02/14 (pending)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
      I ran 1.2 miles in 15 minutes today and I don't like it. How can speed my pace up?
      To increase endurance, run at a slow pace but aim for 3-4 or maybe even 5 miles without stopping.
      Geo - East Texas
      Exam date - 9/7/2013
      NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
      TSL - 11/27/2014
      PFT1 - 12/27/2014
      VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
      EQIP - 1/18/2014
      Credit check - 2/4/2014
      GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
      Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
      Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
      Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
      Drug Test - 6/26/2014
      PFT2 - 7/10/2014
      EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
      FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
      CBP Session #359 Guidon
      Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

I ran 1.2 miles in 15 minutes today and I don't like it. How can speed my pace up?

When I ran cross country and track our coach would have us about 3 times a week run 3 miles but at a slower pace (not race pace). Slowly over the semester increasing that mileage. Once a week we would run 11-15 200m sprints at the pace of 43-45 seconds. Decreasing the time slowly. By the end of the year we were running really solid times. Key is not to stress out about the time but slowly work your way up. And you'll see improvement. All about consistency!
        Geo: SWB
        CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
        NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
        TSL - 01/31/14
        Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
        VBT/SI - 02/28/14
        BI - 03/15/14
        Poly - 04/30/14
        BI Cleared - 06/24/14
        Drug Test - 06/26/14
        The Call - 06/26/14
        PFT 2 - 07/11/14
        EOD - 07/14/14
        Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• I appreciate your helpful tips, thank you. I do not know when is my PFT2 yet, but I'm thinking to just run without timing until I know for sure the test date. Timing is causing me stressing over it more.

Comment

I appreciate your helpful tips, thank you. I do not know when is my PFT2 yet, but I'm thinking to just run without timing until I know for sure the test date. Timing is causing me stressing over it more.
            My friend got the call, and picked Houston airport 2 days ago. With EOD of June 30th.
            And today he got the email giving him the date for PFT2. It's June 11.
            9 days notice for him to be ready.
            That's not long at all.
            Keep at it and it will pay off.
            Geo - East Texas
            Exam date - 9/7/2013
            TSL - 11/27/2014
            PFT1 - 12/27/2014
            VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
            EQIP - 1/18/2014
            Credit check - 2/4/2014
            Drug Test - 6/26/2014
            PFT2 - 7/10/2014
            EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
            CBP Session #359 Guidon

Comment

• for anybody that took the exam, I am taking it on Wednesday. I was curious to know if there is a lot of questions on the math part? any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                My friend got the call, and picked Houston airport 2 days ago. With EOD of June 30th.
                And today he got the email giving him the date for PFT2. It's June 11.
                9 days notice for him to be ready.
                That's not long at all.
                Keep at it and it will pay off.
                That's very short notice. My BI is happening this week coz I got calls from friends in 3 states telling me they already met investigators. I hope things go well.

Comment

• CBP ranks 277 out of 300 federal agencies. Are you sure you want to work there?

Morale is in the toilet, the job is full of mind numbing work, and you will not feel like a true law enforcement professional.

The job is nothing more than customer service with a gun. Nothing more, nothing less...

Current CBPO sends...

Comment

• Hey guys got a question regarding the SF86 (Eqip)...as anyone here had any problems with the employment activities section? I have followed the instructions by every step and I have no gaps in between my employments for the last 10 years...but I still get en error message of something to account for my employment activities, with out breaks...really don't know what to do at this point, I even reset the whole section and re did it again, but the error message keeps popping up.. any help I would appreciate, thanks!

Comment

• Good Luck Wn8.....I take mine on the 12th of this month. I hope the math is not too hard lol its been a while but I have been practicing.

Comment

• Question: So after VBT, if you don't do the structured interview does that mean you failed? Or do you really have to wait and see what MHC say 3-6 weeks?
                        "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                          CBP ranks 277 out of 300 federal agencies. Are you sure you want to work there?

Morale is in the toilet, the job is full of mind numbing work, and you will not feel like a true law enforcement professional.

The job is nothing more than customer service with a gun. Nothing more, nothing less...

Current CBPO sends...
                          You get out of the job, what you put in.
                          That's how my mindset has been before CBP.
                          And that's how my mindset will be when I get hired into CBP.
                          Geo - East Texas
                          Exam date - 9/7/2013
                          TSL - 11/27/2014
                          PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                          VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                          EQIP - 1/18/2014
                          Credit check - 2/4/2014
                          Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                          PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                          EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                          CBP Session #359 Guidon

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel2302 View Post
                            Question: So after VBT, if you don't do the structured interview does that mean you failed? Or do you really have to wait and see what MHC say 3-6 weeks?

Well most cases yes, its over, but sometimes you may get scheduled an interview due to too many applicants taking the vbt or maybe they were understaffed.

Did you think you did fine? Was it hard?
                            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                            02/28/14-TSL Received
                            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                            07/01/14-VBT/SI
                            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                            07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by NavyMa2 View Post
                              Good Luck Wn8.....I take mine on the 12th of this month. I hope the math is not too hard lol its been a while but I have been practicing.
                              It's not bad at all just practice
                              CBPO: GS-5
                              Geo/Location: JFK
                              Tested: 3/'13
                              NOR (84)
                              Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                              Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                              Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                              The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                              BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                              EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

Well... There's many ways.
                                Here's my advice, this is from a meh runner to now avid runner. I also don't run for fun. It's a love hate type of deal.

Are you pretty winded from the 1.2 miles? I would get on a regular running routine if your schedule allows it.
                                Something like a 3 mile run once a week at whatever comfortable pace. Do a one mile run at your fastest. And once a week do 1.5 miles at a fast, but comfortable pace.

Example.
                                Sunday - Rest
                                Monday - 1 mile as fast as you can
                                Tuesday - Work out, something like biking or swimming
                                Wednesday - 1.5 mile run at comfortable yet fast pace
                                Thursday - Rest
                                Friday - Weights
                                Saturday - 3 mile run

Great link for reading.
                                http://running.competitor.com/2013/0...-mileage_29436

Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                                So should I not bother even taking the exam if my mother has felonies ?? And got deported ?
                                While it's not you directly, I'm sure you should bring it up.
                                Better to have your dirty laundry in the open instead of them finding it.
                                At the end, it is up to you and their decision. Good luck.

Originally posted by hangman View Post
                                CBP ranks 277 out of 300 federal agencies. Are you sure you want to work there?

Current CBPO sends...
                                And there are several agencies below it. It's a job, it's a career. It's someone's dream and another person's stepping stone.
                                It is whatever you make of it.

In the end, it's all about perspective. For some, this is the end all be all, I will die a CBP. For others, it's a means to a paycheck.

Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                                You get out of the job, what you put in.
                                That's how my mindset has been before CBP.
                                And that's how my mindset will be when I get hired into CBP.
                                I agree with this person. You get what you put in.

Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                                Hey guys got a question regarding the SF86 (Eqip)...as anyone here had any problems with the employment activities section? I have followed the instructions by every step and I have no gaps in between my employments for the last 10 years...but I still get en error message of something to account for my employment activities, with out breaks...really don't know what to do at this point, I even reset the whole section and re did it again, but the error message keeps popping up.. any help I would appreciate, thanks!
                                Call up MHC, tell them about your issue and get it sorted.

Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
                                Ah, you're correct nyrmc10, the internet has taken the true meaning of communication away.
                                Sorry about that. These applicants will find put the easy hard way when they get to the academy. They are worried about PT, when they should be thinking, oh crap, I have to learn immigration law! Can I deport someone to Puerto Rico!
                                Oh Puerto Rico...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8755 users online. 289 members and 8466 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X