Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi i have my entrance exam on wednesday. it doesnt say anywhere about the dress attire. is this just a computer based testing center or paper written exam?

anyways, what did you guys wear to the entrance exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
      From what I was told from my polygraph examiner and background investigator, was that as long as I didn't have any immediate family members overseas, they won't be investigated.
      Since my dad met my mom in Germany while he was in the military.
      I asked if my grandparents and family would be having a sit down with an investigator. He said no.
      I have an immediate overseas family, I was only asked to provide their addresses to my BI who I'm going to meet the end of this week. I don't know what to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTB123 View Post
        hi i have my entrance exam on wednesday. it doesnt say anywhere about the dress attire. is this just a computer based testing center or paper written exam?

anyways, what did you guys wear to the entrance exam?
        The process is new now. So I don't think anyone really knows how the test will be given.
        But I wore nice jeans and a checkered button down dress shirt. Nothing crazy.
        Geo - East Texas
        Exam date - 9/7/2013
        NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
        TSL - 11/27/2014
        PFT1 - 12/27/2014
        VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
        EQIP - 1/18/2014
        Credit check - 2/4/2014
        GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
        Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
        Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
        Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
        Drug Test - 6/26/2014
        PFT2 - 7/10/2014
        EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
        FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
        CBP Session #359 Guidon
        Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• FutureCBPO,
          Please correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not you that had a failed poly and then had it brought up for review? If so how did you go about the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by covan7002 View Post
            FutureCBPO,
            Please correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not you that had a failed poly and then had it brought up for review? If so how did you go about the process?
            I've only taken the polygraph one time.
            And passed.
            Geo - East Texas
            Exam date - 9/7/2013
            TSL - 11/27/2014
            PFT1 - 12/27/2014
            VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
            EQIP - 1/18/2014
            Credit check - 2/4/2014
            Drug Test - 6/26/2014
            PFT2 - 7/10/2014
            EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
            CBP Session #359 Guidon

Comment

• Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
              I wonder why more senior people are not responding to some of the recent posts?

Personally I love reading non government, non dhs individuals respond about a persons immigration status without knowing a thing about Title 8 cfr. That's a very very bad thing to be doing. Until a person has been through the immigration portion of an academy, they have NO Idea, what may or may not affect a persons eligibility for employment. That kind of thinking could land you in trouble on the job.

Now with that said, everything about you now and in the future that you work for the US goverment will affect your employment. How will it be affected, that I don't know, but it will have an impact.

For those born outside of the country, make sure you have all your birth, and immigration documents available. Yes, that's right, even children born to United States Citizens born out of the USA and it's territory should/will have an immigration document.

As someone who has investigated false claims to US Citizenship, I cannot state/ stress hard enough to have family documentation ready for the background investigator.
              Good point however, I would like to add that certain Criminal Justice degree programs such as my B.S. and my wife's M.S. have extensive electives in Immigration law as it applies to Homeland Security.

Comment

• Originally posted by K-Chahal View Post
                Thanks MangoMan, I sure hope so. It was just a little weird that I had my drug test before my Bi interview. I was even referred to schedule my EOD before my background interview. Nonetheless it's just a waiting game now. By the way are you already a CBP Officer ?
                No I'm not, I just started the BI process.. turned in my Eqip+Prints last week and now I'm waiting on the interview/polygraph

I'm also a West Coast applicant, I'm looking to pick Las Vegas

Comment

• What do you think of the accuracy of the background investigation info and timeline in the below link
                  http://news.clearancejobs.com/2010/0...rance-1q-fy10/

Comment

• Hope you make it; MangoMan. I work alongside CBP at McCarran; it's relatively mellow until the week of Mexican Independence Day, and Thursday & Sunday are the heaviest days for traffic flow into CBP.
                    Geo: West Coast
                    CBPO Exam: June 2014
                    NOR: July 2014
                    TSL: August 2014
                    eQIP Sent: August 2014
                    Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                    VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                    Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
                      There is always one in the crowd. Nyjrm10, learning a subject in an institution and applying it in real life is quite different. I have been a guest speaker at several of those courses and I will tell you this, you learn where to look, not how to apply the immigration law.

Now, if you said you were board certified in immigration law, then I stand corrected. Even attorneys that are not board certified have a very hard problem understanding and applying immigration law. There are always new laws, regulations, policies, understanding/ interpretation of the immigration laws.

Let's not dispute this here, if you want to continue then pm me.
                      There is nothing to dispute. I agree 100% with what you are saying. My response regarding the BI investigation process in relation to family members with immigration "issues" was derived from the hundreds of pages applicants have commented on over at the Delphi forums with regards to the specific issues they have come across and specific reasons for being disqualified. I'll leave it at that.

As always, the internet environment is absent of nuance and things get taken out of context.

Comment

• Do you have to bring any papers besides the one with the appointment info to the VBT/SI?

Like a few Resume's to hand out during the SI?

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
                          Do you have to bring any papers besides the one with the appointment info to the VBT/SI?

Like a few Resume's to hand out during the SI?
                          I didn't personally, and I know my co-workers didn't either.
                          They want as little on your person as possible when going for the VBT/SI.

Remember; they have everything they need as far as the resume goes, from when you applied.
                          Geo - East Texas
                          Exam date - 9/7/2013
                          TSL - 11/27/2014
                          PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                          VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                          EQIP - 1/18/2014
                          Credit check - 2/4/2014
                          Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                          PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                          EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                          CBP Session #359 Guidon

Comment

• I ran 1.2 miles in 15 minutes today and I don't like it. How can speed my pace up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                              What do you think of the accuracy of the background investigation info and timeline in the below link
                              http://news.clearancejobs.com/2010/0...rance-1q-fy10/
                              You need to relax. Everyone's BI is different. Some get lucky and get it done in under a year, and others it can take 1-2 years, which is the average from what I've read (someone correct me if I'm wrong). It just depends on your history, where you've lived, families overseas, etc..

I was born in Turkey. My grandparents and uncle live there. As I've said, I was only in the country for 3 months after I was born, and my father, mother, and I left for South Korea for a brief stint. I've also lived in Rotterdam for a year.

Good lord, I have a feeling my BI is going to take FOREVER.
                              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                              02/28/14-TSL Received
                              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                              07/01/14-VBT/SI
                              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jade78;3473999]I ran 1.2 miles in 15 minutes today and I don't like it. How can speed my pace up?[/QUOTE

Jade, I started by just running a mile and set a goal time. Once I was easily able to run a mile in my goal time, I upped it to 1.25 miles then up to 1.5. Now I easily do 2 miles and I hate running. I believe you can get online and find some methods to help you out as well.
                                Geo- Florida
                                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                                Qual- GS 7
                                TSL- 2/28/14
                                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                                BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                                BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                                BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4243 users online. 169 members and 4074 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X