Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
    You should not be worried at all coz you were born in a foreign country, not all federal agents were born on this land. Besides, the investigators know that and they are looking for specific relationships you are involved it and it doesn't involve your parents or sibs.
    Parents, siblings, mother in law, father in law, spouse(s) will all be investigated as part of the BI. I have read dozens of accounts of applicants being disqualified because one of the above mentioned individuals entered the country illegally or had citizenship issues.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
      Makes sense. I figure they'd want someone who speaks and knows another culture's language and custom.

      Anyone put down West Coast region recently for EOD? I assume LAX, SFO and LAS (Las Vegas) are offered, but has anyone been offered anything other than those recently?
      It seems like those are the choices being given for West Coast, I already made up my mind for McCarron(Vegas) when the call comes.

      Turned in my Eqip+Prints last week, hopefully I hear something this week.

      My parents were born out of the country also, hopefully that doesn't slow me down.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
        Parents, siblings, mother in law, father in law, spouse(s) will all be investigated as part of the BI. I have read dozens of accounts of applicants being disqualified because one of the above mentioned individuals entered the country illegally or had citizenship issues.
        For a job like that, everybody around you is investigated, we all know that. I was talking about the legal immigrants who have been here for years and made this amazing country home. Of course you won't be qualified if you were involved in any illegal issue, not only immigration. Heck, you might be disqualify if you lie to your parents.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
          Parents, siblings, mother in law, father in law, spouse(s) will all be investigated as part of the BI. I have read dozens of accounts of applicants being disqualified because one of the above mentioned individuals entered the country illegally or had citizenship issues.
          So should I not bother even taking the exam if my mother has felonies ?? And got deported ?
          CBPO: GS-5
          Geo/Location: JFK
          Tested: 3/'13
          NOR (84)
          Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
          Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
          Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
          The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
          BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
          EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

          Comment


          • I did get my SI after my VBT, I have not received a letter regarding eligibility, so im pretty anxious right now. Looking at my testing time frames mine is much different from everybody else. I'm ****ting bricks for that poly, Ive never done anything illegal except for traffic violations but i see so many people failing in this forum... jeeez!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
              So should I not bother even taking the exam if my mother has felonies ?? And got deported ?
              Bro none of that **** has to do with you.. go on forward with the process

              Comment


              • All of these responses has got me thinking...my brother has been in trouble with the law for drug reasons, was in prison for a few years...but is now out, married, kids, decent job and living a healthy christian life...this happened more than 7 years ago...guys think this will affect me in a negative way? Currently waiting for the bi to contact me...all was stated in e-qip.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                  So should I not bother even taking the exam if my mother has felonies ?? And got deported ?
                  Yes. You should bother and keep going until they stop you because of that. Then you can quit.

                  Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
                  I did get my SI after my VBT, I have not received a letter regarding eligibility, so im pretty anxious right now. Looking at my testing time frames mine is much different from everybody else. I'm ****ting bricks for that poly, Ive never done anything illegal except for traffic violations but i see so many people failing in this forum... jeeez!
                  John, how long has it been since your vbt/si? The poly is the hardest step in this whole process, at least for me.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                    Yes. You should bother and keep going until they stop you because of that. Then you can quit.



                    John, how long has it been since your vbt/si? The poly is the hardest step in this whole process, at least for me.
                    i took it 4 days ago exactly

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
                      i took it 4 days ago exactly
                      You need to wait at least a week or two before you hear something. Still early for you to panic, save it for the poly

                      Comment


                      • Hello eveyeome, I have been following this thread for a while now. I initially took the test back in September,2013. I'm currently done with all the steps besides the BI interview which I have coming up next week. My question is once I meet with my investigator and my background clears, can I expect a call soon after? Also I applied for the west coast, I really want SFO as my port of entry. Thanks in advance.
                        Exam:9/19/13 West Coast
                        NOR: 9/24/13
                        TSL:11/27/13
                        Medical and PFT-1: 12/27/13
                        VBT/SI: 1/09/14
                        BI: 2/03/14 (Submitted Paperwork)
                        Qualifications: cleared 4/14
                        Polygraph: 5/06/14
                        Referred to schedule EOD: 5/21/14
                        Drug Test: 5/22/14
                        BI interview: 6/02/14 (pending)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by K-Chahal View Post
                          Hello eveyeome, I have been following this thread for a while now. I initially took the test back in September,2013. I'm currently done with all the steps besides the BI interview which I have coming up next week. My question is once I meet with my investigator and my background clears, can I expect a call soon after? Also I applied for the west coast, I really want SFO as my port of entry. Thanks in advance.
                          Then you'll be getting SFO, they are giving SFO to West Coast apps as a choice lately.

                          As for the call.. I have no idea when you'll get it :X

                          Comment


                          • From what I was told from my polygraph examiner and background investigator, was that as long as I didn't have any immediate family members overseas, they won't be investigated.
                            Since my dad met my mom in Germany while he was in the military.
                            I asked if my grandparents and family would be having a sit down with an investigator. He said no.
                            Geo - East Texas
                            Exam date - 9/7/2013
                            NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                            TSL - 11/27/2014
                            PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                            VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                            EQIP - 1/18/2014
                            Credit check - 2/4/2014
                            GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                            Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                            Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                            Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                            Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                            PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                            EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                            FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                            CBP Session #359 Guidon
                            Awarded Physical Training Award

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by john_martinez View Post
                              Bro none of that **** has to do with you.. go on forward with the process
                              Great thanks !
                              CBPO: GS-5
                              Geo/Location: JFK
                              Tested: 3/'13
                              NOR (84)
                              Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                              Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                              Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                              The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                              BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                              EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

                              Comment


                              • Thanks MangoMan, I sure hope so. It was just a little weird that I had my drug test before my Bi interview. I was even referred to schedule my EOD before my background interview. Nonetheless it's just a waiting game now. By the way are you already a CBP Officer ?
                                Last edited by K-Chahal; 06-01-2014, 03:33 PM.
                                Exam:9/19/13 West Coast
                                NOR: 9/24/13
                                TSL:11/27/13
                                Medical and PFT-1: 12/27/13
                                VBT/SI: 1/09/14
                                BI: 2/03/14 (Submitted Paperwork)
                                Qualifications: cleared 4/14
                                Polygraph: 5/06/14
                                Referred to schedule EOD: 5/21/14
                                Drug Test: 5/22/14
                                BI interview: 6/02/14 (pending)

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11109 users online. 416 members and 10693 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X