Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello there! I have been following this forum for the last two years. I am a 2012 applicant. So far, I am waiting for my BI file to be approved. I haven't taken my drug this test yet. For those who had actually completed the drug test already. Did you get a call and were told to show up at a specific location and time on the same day you got the call?

To Jade78, Be prepared to spend 3 to 4 hours doing your BI interview. BI will go through every page of your background package. More info will be gathered from you, etc. Make sure you review your package before walking in. Most importantly, don't lie! Anything you may have, be prepared to give an explanation on any issue and prove how you have resolve it or attempted to resolve. Same goes to anyone new in the process.

To new applicants, from my experience the only bumpy road in this process is the Poly. Everything else is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
      You guys, got a call from my BI to meet at the end of next week. Any suggestions or advice you can give? Anybody has an experience with that? Thanks
      My investigator interview lasted about an hour or so.
      Really laid back for me atleast. Just went over my sf86 to ensure it was filled out correctly.
      Then go over some other forms similar to sf86. But forms that are for CBP.
      Not hard at all.

There's nothing you will be surprised about.
      It's not a job interview. Pretty much finalizing everything you already have done.
      Geo - East Texas
      Exam date - 9/7/2013
      NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
      TSL - 11/27/2014
      PFT1 - 12/27/2014
      VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
      EQIP - 1/18/2014
      Credit check - 2/4/2014
      GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
      Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
      Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
      Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
      Drug Test - 6/26/2014
      PFT2 - 7/10/2014
      EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
      FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
      CBP Session #359 Guidon
      Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Howdy

Hey Everyone,

I've been checking this site out for a few months now and I have my CBP Entrance Exam the 5th of June. I actually work with CBP as a local government employee in Las Vegas. Almost everyone there courted me to apply in May, so here I am. I occasionally provide translations in Arabic for them; I hear that is the number 2 most sought language skill. Hopefully that is a major plus on my application; I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia. Spoke Arabic (Lebanese dialect) with my parents growing up. I'm a naturalized U.S. citizen back in 2008.

I hope to stay in Las Vegas as I chose West Coast region for my deployment; still need to finish my last few classes of grad school plus the family and future inlaws live around here.

Anyone know if one lived overseas, does the process take longer? I don't have much contact with any of my extended family in Lebanon.

Best of luck to all at the end of the process and begining it like me.
        Geo: West Coast
        CBPO Exam: June 2014
        NOR: July 2014
        TSL: August 2014
        eQIP Sent: August 2014
        Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
        VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
        Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

• I passed my PFT 2 yesturday and got my final conditional offer email today. I EOD June 16 to Blaine Washington and report to FLETC July 16. Does anyone know how close to your class date they fly you to Fletc?

Comment

• Hi futurecbpo, jade, or anybody who has already taken the poly. I was wondering what's the best attire to wear to the polygraph examination? I heard it is going to be in a professional environment so I guess coming in with suit and a tie? Maybe getting brownie points from the polygrapher for looking clean. I'm not used to wearing suits and the last time I did was to the VBT/SI which made me super nervous because I was definitely not used to the tight-fitting.

Totally irrelevant lol but just wondering what is best to wear.

Comment

• Also irrelevant but what did you guys wear?

Comment

• Originally posted by sieghartcbp View Post
                Also irrelevant but what did you guys wear?
                I wore black slacks, dress shoes, and a red button down dress shirt with a black tie.
                Not a full suit, but I did see someone wearing a white polo shirt, which they say is allowed, but
                in my opinion, is under-dressing the part.
                Geo - East Texas
                Exam date - 9/7/2013
                NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                TSL - 11/27/2014
                PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                EQIP - 1/18/2014
                Credit check - 2/4/2014
                GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                CBP Session #359 Guidon
                Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by krash View Post
                  I passed my PFT 2 yesturday and got my final conditional offer email today. I EOD June 16 to Blaine Washington and report to FLETC July 16. Does anyone know how close to your class date they fly you to Fletc?
                  Congrats on getting to your eod.

Originally posted by sieghartcbp View Post
                  Also irrelevant but what did you guys wear?
                  I really took care of my attire, down to the nail polish color and the right makeup. I wore a black skirt, white dress shirt and a small pink scarf with black high heels, professional and classic. Passing part of the test is showing that you present yourself the right person for this job.

Originally posted by Wlioncbp View Post
                  To Jade78, Be prepared to spend 3 to 4 hours doing your BI interview. BI will go through every page of your background package. More info will be gathered from you, etc. Make sure you review your package before walking in. Most importantly, don't lie! Anything you may have, be prepared to give an explanation on any issue and prove how you have resolve it or attempted to resolve. Same goes to anyone new in the process.
                  Thank you an futureCBPO for your advice. I will have to gather all the addresses and give them to my BI as he asked me.

Comment

• Originally posted by krash View Post
                    I passed my PFT 2 yesturday and got my final conditional offer email today. I EOD June 16 to Blaine Washington and report to FLETC July 16. Does anyone know how close to your class date they fly you to Fletc?
                    Day before

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                      I wore black slacks, dress shoes, and a red button down dress shirt with a black tie.
                      Not a full suit, but I did see someone wearing a white polo shirt, which they say is allowed, but
                      in my opinion, is under-dressing the part.
                      Then I will definitely over-dress and pray all goes accordingly

Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                      Congrats on getting to your eod.

I really took care of my attire, down to the nail polish color and the right makeup. I wore a black skirt, white dress shirt and a small pink scarf with black high heels, professional and classic. Passing part of the test is showing that you present yourself the right person for this job.
                      Thanks, that's good advice. I should definitely start planning out what I should wear and hopefully get some positive vibes.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNLVegas View Post
                        Hey Everyone,

I've been checking this site out for a few months now and I have my CBP Entrance Exam the 5th of June. I actually work with CBP as a local government employee in Las Vegas. Almost everyone there courted me to apply in May, so here I am. I occasionally provide translations in Arabic for them; I hear that is the number 2 most sought language skill. Hopefully that is a major plus on my application; I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia. Spoke Arabic (Lebanese dialect) with my parents growing up. I'm a naturalized U.S. citizen back in 2008.

I hope to stay in Las Vegas as I chose West Coast region for my deployment; still need to finish my last few classes of grad school plus the family and future inlaws live around here.

Anyone know if one lived overseas, does the process take longer? I don't have much contact with any of my extended family in Lebanon.

Best of luck to all at the end of the process and begining it like me.
                        Your overseas family, contacts and activities will be looked at.
                        Whether that will noticably lengthen the process for you...maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          Your overseas family, contacts and activities will be looked at.
                          Whether that will noticably lengthen the process for you...maybe.
                          Yeah, this is what I'm worried about. My mother was born in another country, and my father met her there while he was in the military. I was born there, and I only stayed in the country for about 3 months. My mother's relatives are still there.

I'm actually quite curious as to how that works. Will an investigator actually fly to the country to meet my relatives or what?
                          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                          02/28/14-TSL Received
                          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                          07/01/14-VBT/SI
                          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                            My investigator interview lasted about an hour or so.
                            Really laid back for me atleast. Just went over my sf86 to ensure it was filled out correctly.
                            Then go over some other forms similar to sf86. But forms that are for CBP.
                            Not hard at all.

There's nothing you will be surprised about.
                            It's not a job interview. Pretty much finalizing everything you already have done.
                            My BI meeting only took about an hour. It was quick and efficient.

@slog

I just wore business casual. No tie or jacket. You will never go wrong over dressing but I suggest being somewhat comfortable as you will be there for 4-6 hours.
                            Geo: SWB
                            CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                            NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                            TSL - 01/31/14
                            Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                            VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                            BI - 03/15/14
                            Poly - 04/30/14
                            BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                            Drug Test - 06/26/14
                            The Call - 06/26/14
                            PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                            EOD - 07/14/14
                            Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                              Yeah, this is what I'm worried about. My mother was born in another country, and my father met her there while he was in the military. I was born there, and I only stayed in the country for about 3 months. My mother's relatives are still there.

I'm actually quite curious as to how that works. Will an investigator actually fly to the country to meet my relatives or what?
                              You should not be worried at all coz you were born in a foreign country, not all federal agents were born on this land. Besides, the investigators know that and they are looking for specific relationships you are involved it and it doesn't involve your parents or sibs.

Comment

• Makes sense. I figure they'd want someone who speaks and knows another culture's language and custom.

Anyone put down West Coast region recently for EOD? I assume LAX, SFO and LAS (Las Vegas) are offered, but has anyone been offered anything other than those recently?
                                Geo: West Coast
                                CBPO Exam: June 2014
                                NOR: July 2014
                                TSL: August 2014
                                eQIP Sent: August 2014
                                Med & PFT1: August 2014 (pending & passed)
                                VBT & SI: September 2014 (passed)
                                Poly:, BI Cleared:, Drug Test:, PFT2:, & EOD: (pending)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8827 users online. 279 members and 8548 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X