Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DigitalArk View Post
    Cali.
    I EOD 6/2/14 as well. What class are you scheduled for? Also where in Cali are you going to be stationed?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RA357 View Post
      I EOD 6/2/14 as well. What class are you scheduled for? Also where in Cali are you going to be stationed?
      Hey RA, can you tell me which port choices you were given?

      I'm in my BI now and I assume 2-3 months from now I'll be ready to go

      I just wanna do some research on where to stay and which I should place I'd pick

      Anyone from West Coast get their port and can share what was the list of choices?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
        Hey RA, can you tell me which port choices you were given?

        I'm in my BI now and I assume 2-3 months from now I'll be ready to go

        I just wanna do some research on where to stay and which I should place I'd pick

        Anyone from West Coast get their port and can share what was the list of choices?
        I was given the choices of LAX, SFO, McCarran (Las Vegas) and Long Beach Port (only had one opening as of 5/1/14). The guy from MHC said that there are a lot of positions at LAX, SFO and McCarran. I'm partial to LA so I went with LAX, plus I heard the OT is crazy there so I want to bank what I can.

        Comment


        • what happens after you take the written exam?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wn8 View Post
            what happens after you take the written exam?
            You wait for the Notice of Results to be emailed to you.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RA357 View Post
              I was given the choices of LAX, SFO, McCarran (Las Vegas) and Long Beach Port (only had one opening as of 5/1/14). The guy from MHC said that there are a lot of positions at LAX, SFO and McCarran. I'm partial to LA so I went with LAX, plus I heard the OT is crazy there so I want to bank what I can.
              Thanks for the information, Las Vegas would have cheaper costs of living but with the crazy OT you say LAX sounds enticing.

              I get bored at work so I'll enjoy comparing those ports and what Apartment I'd pick when the time comes.

              Thanks RA

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
                Thanks for the information, Las Vegas would have cheaper costs of living but with the crazy OT you say LAX sounds enticing.

                I get bored at work so I'll enjoy comparing those ports and what Apartment I'd pick when the time comes.

                Thanks RA
                cheaper cost of living = Less pay

                Comment


                • I received an email yesterday from the examiner to make an appointment for the polygraph exam in June. He gave me a bunch of dates to choose from to have the appointment. Thing is the exam is in D.C since that's where he's located and I live in New Jersey. Always thought you had to travel for PFT2, not the polygraph. I don't mind taking the day or 2 off from work to take a mini trip down, just surprised me a bit.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by newyorkyankee517 View Post
                    I received an email yesterday from the examiner to make an appointment for the polygraph exam in June. He gave me a bunch of dates to choose from to have the appointment. Thing is the exam is in D.C since that's where he's located and I live in New Jersey. Always thought you had to travel for PFT2, not the polygraph. I don't mind taking the day or 2 off from work to take a mini trip down, just surprised me a bit.
                    I had to travel for my interview as well but it was about 2 hours from my town. I was given only one date to attend since there are not many people in my state. I had to be there that date.

                    Comment


                    • hey newyorker, so when did you send in ur eqip and what region did you select? thanks and goodluck on your poly

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                        Question for anyone that left one gov agency and went to CBP? Obviously I know your leave and time in transfers over but does your seniority transfer over in reference to bids and days off?
                        From the bargaining contract...

                        "I. Seniority will be determined by:

                        (1) The total time an employee has served in his or her occupation (i.e., CBP
                        Officer or CBP Agriculture Specialist), including time in an equivalent
                        position (i.e., Customs Inspector, Immigration Inspector or PPQ Officer) at the
                        employee’s heritage agency. For seniority purposes, Customs Canine
                        Enforcement Officer, Immigration Inspector (Canine) or PPQ Officer (Canine)
                        is considered creditable equivalent heritage agency time to the CBP Officer
                        and CBP Agriculture Specialist positions, respectively.

                        (2) In the event it is necessary to resolve ties after step (1), the total time an
                        employee has served in CBP and heritage agency, regardless of position, will
                        be used.

                        (3) In the event it is necessary to resolve ties after step (2), the total time in Federal
                        government service (i.e., SCD) will be used.

                        (4) In the event it is necessary to resolve ties after step (3), the methodology
                        provided by the local NTEU Chapter President for the port of entry will be
                        used. Such methodology shall be provided prior to the bid cycle each year.
                        Absent identification, the default methodology will be coin flip.

                        Less than full-time employment will be credited for seniority purposes in accordance with the above on a pro rated basis."

                        http://www.nteu.org/Documents/CBPNTEUAgreement.pdf

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by wllyblack View Post
                          hey newyorker, so when did you send in ur eqip and what region did you select? thanks and goodluck on your poly
                          I sent my eqip at the end of April and selected Central East Coast as my region.
                          Last edited by newyorkyankee517; 05-30-2014, 09:23 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Double post

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by newyorkyankee517 View Post
                              I received an email yesterday from the examiner to make an appointment for the polygraph exam in June. He gave me a bunch of dates to choose from to have the appointment. Thing is the exam is in D.C since that's where he's located and I live in New Jersey. Always thought you had to travel for PFT2, not the polygraph. I don't mind taking the day or 2 off from work to take a mini trip down, just surprised me a bit.
                              Good luck man!!
                              I had to travel for my poly too.
                              It's well worth it!
                              Geo - East Texas
                              Exam date - 9/7/2013
                              NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                              TSL - 11/27/2014
                              PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                              VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                              EQIP - 1/18/2014
                              Credit check - 2/4/2014
                              GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                              Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                              Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                              Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                              Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                              PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                              EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                              FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                              CBP Session #359 Guidon
                              Awarded Physical Training Award

                              Comment


                              • You guys, got a call from my BI to meet at the end of next week. Any suggestions or advice you can give? Anybody has an experience with that? Thanks

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9702 users online. 464 members and 9238 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X