Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortunately for me, I completed by BI in about 2 weeks, no exaggeration. All my family works with me and lives on my street, which made it a lot less stressful. For some other references, I had the addresses written down before meeting with my BI. I highly recommend you get AS MANY as you can, some they may see as un-relative to their investigation, so be prepared. It definitely can't hurt to bring more than they expect, since they will pick the best ones to go to.
    CBP Officer
    Newark, NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
      July 29 here... I was hoping that October would bring good news, but seeing as you've been waiting two weeks more than me and are going for the same port (I assume you're going for Newark and not Philly) I guess I've F-ed for another month.

Nice.
      Yeah I'm shooting for Newark...One of my buddy's father works their and isn't too sure of how many vacancies they are filling for next year.
      CBP Officer
      Newark, NJ

Comment

• I received a NOPA before meeting with the investigator.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
          I received a NOPA before meeting with the investigator.
          And did you meet with an investigator or get the results of your NOPA yet? I cant remember what you told me before.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitthelights View Post
            Yeah I'm shooting for Newark...One of my buddy's father works their and isn't too sure of how many vacancies they are filling for next year.
            I was under the impression they hire year round to keep pace with turn over.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              And did you meet with an investigator or get the results of your NOPA yet? I cant remember what you told me before.
              I have not met with the BI. The based it off the answers I put on SF-86.

Comment

I have not met with the BI. The based it off the answers I put on SF-86.
                Oh ok, gotcha. Well better to get it out of the way and then not have to get nervous when and if an investigator were to bring it up. How long ago you send your response to it?

Comment

• http://www.rjhresearch.com/ADR/intro/introframeset.htm

To those with NOPA's this might help with your response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                    The PX is almost always more expensive than Wal-Mart for most things anyways. Though it's a nice place to get liquor in bulk if someone is having a party.
                    When I was a teen (military brat) the BX started with DPP, the credit card program. Soon after that I noticed the price of their products went up, dramatically. I also noticed many of the lower priced/quality things started disappearing out of the store, so if I wanted to buy just a decent radio I had no choice but go downtown. When I finally enlisted I actually did the comparison and found the same thing you stated.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                      That sucks man. Some people just have it out for others..

Ok.....why in the world would a BI "have it out for others?" That was just a lame comment. You have to understand one thing about law enforcement, those who interview folks (inlcuding CBPOs) get more flies with honey, and others...well, they have their own way of getting things/information.

By no means is the person who met with you an example of how all BIs are. I was laughing and talking about whatever the entire time we were drinking coffee in a cafe. He was friendly, helpful, and I never once felt under the gun. It was more like hanging out than an investigation. I was under the assumption that BIs were there to gather information, not pass judgement.

However, after reading about your incident I would say this: If you are a good judge of character, play off of how the person is. If not, be as professional as can be. My guy smiled and talked **** first, so I knew it was ok hehe.

Comment

http://www.rjhresearch.com/ADR/intro/introframeset.htm

To those with NOPA's this might help with your response.
                        That was really informative. Good read.

Comment

• Does anyone know for sure if exceptions are made for the 3month waiting period for LASIK? Scheduling called today and they scheduled an appointment for me this friday Oct 3 but my 3months are up Oct 25th.
                          CBPO- Hawaii
                          Written: 07/31/08
                          TO: 09/23/08
                          Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                          Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                          Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                          Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                          VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                          BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                          Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                          Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
                          TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• question.. do you know if (once you get back from FLETC) will you be able to work a part time job? i'm not asking about a job in which you carry your weapon, but a normal side job for some extra cash???

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                              question.. do you know if (once you get back from FLETC) will you be able to work a part time job? i'm not asking about a job in which you carry your weapon, but a normal side job for some extra cash???
                              i heard cbp has some good overtime available where you can make some really good extra cash
                              "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                                i heard cbp has some good overtime available where you can make some really good extra cash
                                i'm taking a BIG cut in salary and i'm worried a little bit, but i want to take the jump.. i'm also worried about the BI looking at my debt and questioning the salary differance..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6541 users online. 332 members and 6209 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X