Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I met with my BI last week and she said her report would be done within two weeks. Haven't heard anything official from my polygraph though. Hopefully I move quickly so I can join Jade, Josh, and Future there! Almost done guys!
    Geo: SWB
    CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
    NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
    TSL - 01/31/14
    Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
    VBT/SI - 02/28/14
    BI - 03/15/14
    Poly - 04/30/14
    BI Cleared - 06/24/14
    Drug Test - 06/26/14
    The Call - 06/26/14
    PFT 2 - 07/11/14
    EOD - 07/14/14
    Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jade78;3471293]You can always swap couple years down the road.[/QUOTEI]

Yes I hope so. I want to be in Florida so so bad or Atlanta

Comment

• Turned in my Eqip and finger print forms today.

Lets see how long it takes to receive a response now

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
          I met with my BI last week and she said her report would be done within two weeks. Haven't heard anything official from my polygraph though. Hopefully I move quickly so I can join Jade, Josh, and Future there! Almost done guys!
          Yeah I hope so too kattle. I am waiting on my BI to contact me after passing the dreaded poly. The only thing I can do now is train and get ready for the PT2.
          Does anybody know how to measure 220 yards for the sprint? There are a lot of trails in my town but what kind of tools do you use for that? Also, is there an app for that that helps?
          Mangoman, good luck on the waiting time.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jade78;3471293]You can always swap couple years down the road.[/QUOTEI]

Yes I hope so. I want to be in Florida so so bad or Atlanta

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
              Yeah I hope so too kattle. I am waiting on my BI to contact me after passing the dreaded poly. The only thing I can do now is train and get ready for the PT2.
              Does anybody know how to measure 220 yards for the sprint? There are a lot of trails in my town but what kind of tools do you use for that? Also, is there an app for that that helps?
              What I did for measurement was, 220 yards is 660 feet.
              I wear a size 11 shoe. Pretty much 12" from outside heal to the outside toe of the shoe. So with one foot on the ground. Space your other foot in front of the back foot about a shoe length away. And that's roughly one yard. (3 shoe lengths) and count out your steps up to 220. It's not 100%. But it's a good start. I ran 220 yards in 23 seconds. The the 50 seconds you get is more than enough.
              Geo - East Texas
              Exam date - 9/7/2013
              NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
              TSL - 11/27/2014
              PFT1 - 12/27/2014
              VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
              EQIP - 1/18/2014
              Credit check - 2/4/2014
              GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
              Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
              Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
              Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
              Drug Test - 6/26/2014
              PFT2 - 7/10/2014
              EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
              FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
              CBP Session #359 Guidon
              Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by fancee0514 View Post
                My 1st choice was Florida but I received an email saying they not hiring and I can switch location. Ever since I did everything been moving pretty fast.
                What region did you change too? Hopefully everything works out for you, and you get to Florida oneday soon. I'm extremely happy that I was selected for Florida.
                Geo- Florida
                CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                NOR- 98 10/25/13
                Qual- GS 7
                TSL- 2/28/14
                PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
                  What I did for measurement was, 220 yards is 660 feet.
                  I wear a size 11 shoe. Pretty much 12" from outside heal to the outside toe of the shoe. So with one foot on the ground. Space your other foot in front of the back foot about a shoe length away. And that's roughly one yard. (3 shoe lengths) and count out your steps up to 220. It's not 100%. But it's a good start. I ran 220 yards in 23 seconds. The the 50 seconds you get is more than enough.
                  Thanks, that's would help, although I don't wear 11 sized shoe
                  I have been running up mountains but shorter than 1.5 miles and I didn't time them in some time. Do you think I should start do that?

Comment

220 Yards is roughly 1/2 lap around a regulation size track. So, I will be timing myself from a distance of East-West points.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                      220 Yards is roughly 1/2 lap around a regulation size track. So, I will be timing myself from a distance of East-West points.
                      A regular size track is about 0.1 mile at my gym. Is that about right?

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                        What region did you change too? Hopefully everything works out for you, and you get to Florida oneday soon. I'm extremely happy that I was selected for Florida.
                        Central east. I'm from NY but really didn't feel like going back there grrrrrrr

Comment

A regular size track is about 0.1 mile at my gym. Is that about right?
                          The majority of tracks in the United States are 1/4 of a mile per lap. So, 4 laps in a mile. 220 yard dash would be 1/2 of a lap if each lap is 1/4 of a mile. Totaling 1/8 of a mile for the 220 yard dash at these measurements. A mile is 1760 yards so, at your track in your gym, @ 0.1 miles per lap, each lap would yield you 176 yards. So at that track you would use 1 1/3 laps as your timing metric.
                          Last edited by NYJRM10; 05-28-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                            The majority of tracks in the United States are 1/4 of a mile per lap. So, 4 laps in a mile. 220 yard dash would be 1/2 of a lap if each lap is 1/4 of a mile. Totaling 1/8 of a mile for the 220 yard dash at these measurements. A mile is 1760 yards so, at your track in your gym, @ 0.1 miles per lap, each lap would yield you 176 yards. So at that track you would use 1 1/3 laps as your timing metric.
                            Thanks for clarifying in depth.

Comment

• The polygraph exam told me that something came up. don't know what he meant by something. but oh well, I'm not worrying about it. i have never done anything illegal or get arrested. I submitted my Equit on march 27. been two months already.

Comment

• Originally posted by wantmore12 View Post
                                The polygraph exam told me that something came up. don't know what he meant by something. but oh well, I'm not worrying about it. i have never done anything illegal or get arrested. I submitted my Equit on march 27. been two months already.
                                The examiner told you "something came up"? Did they tell you whether you passed or not?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6257 users online. 229 members and 6028 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X