300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
    I usually run it in about 13 mins 30 seconds. That is a pretty nice pace for me. I was wondering about the music thing because I always listen to music as well. I better start practicing running without music! Is the 1.5 mile ran indoors? I believe I have to go to Dallas to do my PFT2.
    Yes. I too will be going to Dallas. And it is an indoor track.
    Geo - East Texas
    Exam date - 9/7/2013
    NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
    TSL - 11/27/2014
    PFT1 - 12/27/2014
    VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
    EQIP - 1/18/2014
    Credit check - 2/4/2014
    GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
    Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
    Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
    Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
    Drug Test - 6/26/2014
    PFT2 - 7/10/2014
    EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
    FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
    CBP Session #359 Guidon
    Awarded Physical Training Award

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCBPO View Post
      Maybe I'll see you in Dallas, but you are a little bit ahead of me in the process.
      Geo- Florida
      CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
      NOR- 98 10/25/13
      Qual- GS 7
      TSL- 2/28/14
      PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
      VBT/SI- 5/9/14
      VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
      BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
      BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
      BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

I hope so too!
        Jade, I work out daily and have no issue getting motivated to do so, and I used to do private personal fitness instructor classes at my local Fitness gym. I'd have no problem having you or anyone for that matter come and train with me! I've been checking my mail daily for my acceptance letter. haha.

My Polygraph was extremely identical to the SF86. Crimes. Drug usage. Foreign Contacts. EtcEtc.
        And my 'Control Questions' were questions like -
        "Is the Door Closed?" "Are the lights on?" "Are you sitting down?"
        I am actually an athlete and been training for years, however, I do not like running, I love pumping iron more. I have not trained for 3 weeks, I did go running up the mountain or at least tried so I build up more endurance.

I would love to go train with somebody but where are you geographically? And by the way, I had the same identical control questions.

Comment

You better start getting motivated Jade!! You don't want to miss out on this great opportunity because you couldn't pass the pft2. Running isn't my strong suit but I started running at the end of last summer, and the 1.5 miles in 17 min 15 seconds is a piece of cake. The sit ups and push ups aren't really much either. Just do some sit ups and push ups before bed every night. I have a feeling if and when I get to do the pft2, my adrenaline will kick in and I will run the fastest 1.5 I have ever ran.
          Josh, I am pretty good at push ups and sit ups, I'm only worried about the 1.5 mile run, even though I go train up the mountains so I do better on the PFT2 day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
            Josh, I am pretty good at push ups and sit ups, I'm only worried about the 1.5 mile run, even though I go train up the mountains so I do better on the PFT2 day.
            I think if you are running up mountains, you will do just fine! You are an athlete, so I'm sure that the 1.5 mile run won't be a problem. What mountains do you run up? What is your region? I'm sure you have answered that before! lol
            Geo- Florida
            CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
            NOR- 98 10/25/13
            Qual- GS 7
            TSL- 2/28/14
            PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
            VBT/SI- 5/9/14
            VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
            BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
            BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
            BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

I think if you are running up mountains, you will do just fine! You are an athlete, so I'm sure that the 1.5 mile run won't be a problem. What mountains do you run up? What is your region? I'm sure you have answered that before! lol
              I am in the northern Rockies in MT. My geo is central north east.
              Last edited by Jade78; 05-26-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I hope so too!
                Jade, I work out daily and have no issue getting motivated to do so, and I used to do private personal fitness instructor classes at my local Fitness gym. I'd have no problem having you or anyone for that matter come and train with me! I've been checking my mail daily for my acceptance letter. haha.

My Polygraph was extremely identical to the SF86. Crimes. Drug usage. Foreign Contacts. EtcEtc.
                And my 'Control Questions' were questions like -
                "Is the Door Closed?" "Are the lights on?" "Are you sitting down?"

So you didn't have any questions pertaining to cheating and stealing, which are controlled questions?
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

Haha, running is not my strong suit. It does feel good afterwards though.
                  For push-ups, I usually tell people a couple different things.
                  1. Dips on dip bars, (bars spaced about 1.5ft. apart, about 3 ft. off the ground. Do dips.
                  Then lay down on the ground (back on the ground) with those same dip bars above you, reach up and grab the bar with both hands. Hands shoulder width apart, and pull your chest up to the bar. Keep your back stiff while you pull yourself up. I hope I painted the picture decent enough, haha.
                  2. Burn-outs on push-ups. Do as many push-ups as you can. Literally as many as you can, until you cannot lift yourself up off the ground. Then immediately go to your knees and do more push-ups. Again until you cannot do any more.
                  3. Planks. They work.
                  Although a lot of strength you need or rather, you think you need for pushups is shoulders, chest and triceps. You do need a strong and stable core to make them a lot easier.

Hope to have helped.

ALSO - another good method, but is a little more advanced;
                  Start at 10 push ups. Then sit up (go from push up stance, put your knees on the ground after completing last pushup, and sit on your heals of your feet, as your toes will be on the ground still.) and raise your hands above your head as high as you can, and lower them back down the ground as quickly as you can. Do that 10 times quickly. So your hands should be going up and down at a quick, CONTROLLED pace.

Repeat and do 9 of each. Push ups, then hand raises.
                  Repeat and do 8 of each. Then 7, 6, 5, etcetc. Down to 1. It's a killer.
                  The motion of raising your arms up and down, may seem stupid, and look silly, but in reality you are contracting your muscles when doing the push-ups, then you are stretching those muscles back out when raising your arms and lowering them.
                  Thank you so much! Just tried it and will keep doing it as best as I could understand it.
                  CBPO: GS-5
                  Geo/Location: JFK
                  Tested: 3/'13
                  NOR (84)
                  Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                  Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                  Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                  The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                  BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                  EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

I remember when I did mine in 2012 in Dallas. Indoor track , like 12.5 laps jajajaja it was a great feeling after I pass. If u need running advice let me know... I hit 70 push ups/75 sit ups and 8:51 :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                      So you didn't have any questions pertaining to cheating and stealing, which are controlled questions?
                      I had those questions but he titled those, "Integrity Questions."
                      Control questions are questions that have a controlled answer, meaning an answer that the administrator can tell right then and there to see if you are lying, or telling the truth.
                      Questions such as, "are the lights on?" That way he can see what your baseline response is when you are indeed telling the truth. Just like when he makes you lie on purpose, so he can read your baseline lie.
                      Last edited by FutureCBPO; 05-27-2014, 09:57 AM.
                      Geo - East Texas
                      Exam date - 9/7/2013
                      TSL - 11/27/2014
                      PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                      VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                      EQIP - 1/18/2014
                      Credit check - 2/4/2014
                      Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                      PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                      EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                      CBP Session #359 Guidon

Comment

• Integrity questions with "zero tolerance"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                          Integrity questions with "zero tolerance"?
                          You guessed it. lol
                          Geo - East Texas
                          Exam date - 9/7/2013
                          TSL - 11/27/2014
                          PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                          VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                          EQIP - 1/18/2014
                          Credit check - 2/4/2014
                          Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                          PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                          EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                          CBP Session #359 Guidon

Comment

• But how come the other crimes are not zero tolerance? That didn't make sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                              I remember when I did mine in 2012 in Dallas. Indoor track , like 12.5 laps jajajaja it was a great feeling after I pass. If u need running advice let me know... I hit 70 push ups/75 sit ups and 8:51 :-)
                              Oh boy...1.5 miles is 12.5 laps in an indoor track ??
                              CBPO: GS-5
                              Geo/Location: JFK
                              Tested: 3/'13
                              NOR (84)
                              Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                              Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                              Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                              The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                              BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                              EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

I had those questions but he titled those, "Integrity Questions."
                                Control questions are questions that have a controlled answer, meaning an answer that the administrator can tell right then and there to see if you are lying, or telling the truth.
                                Questions such as, "are the lights on?" That way he can see what your baseline response is when you are indeed telling the truth. Just like when he makes you lie on purpose, so he can read your baseline lie.
                                Hmm. Not so sure.

https://antipolygraph.org/faq.shtml#q9

Control questions are generally questions about minor misdeeds formulated to appear like they are part of the polygrapher's inquiry. Although the polygrapher will try to convince the examinee that he considers these activities to be deplorable, he actually assumes that everyone, including the examinee, has engaged in them. During the pretest interview, the polygrapher steers the subject into a denial, assuming that the individual will lie to him or at the very least be less than confident in his/her response. Some popular control questions include:

Have you ever told a lie?
                                Have you ever told a lie about anything serious?
                                Have you ever lied to a loved one?
                                Have you ever lied to a person in a position of authority?
                                Have you ever lied to get out of trouble?
                                Have you ever stolen anything?
                                Have you ever stolen anything from work?
                                Have you ever cheated in school/college/grad school?
                                Have you ever lied to your parents, teachers, or the police?
                                I know about the source, but a Google search will pretty much reveal the same information.
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7660 users online. 418 members and 7242 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X