X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    What are you expecting a NOPA for?
    Just got it last night...
    They cited me with several things that can be easily explained (misunderstandings), but the one that really got to me was that my investigator said that I was "uncooperative, unresponsive, and had to be reminded of the seriousness of the investigation" this because when he brought up my traffic violations (which is the only thing I have, and of course I was a bit nervous through the whole interview) I smiled and giggled and he told me at that moment "you think this is funny" to which I responded "NO SIR".

He was old as time itself, and probably a retired SA...but come on that was a bit harsh and unnecessary IMO.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      Not really,

under the new hiring process, it doesn't matter what port, they are looking at a timeline of 3 to 6 months. Most of the applicants for Miami are being "expedited" with interim clearances within 3 months... Of course there will be the exception, like myself, that BI takes freaking for ever...
      Don't you wish we applied to the last vacancy announcement? I've tested in November, and went through all the processes. I've been referred to schedule my EOD since July 14! Hopefully October with the new budget we hear some good things. MHC advised me in November they should be making some more calls of hiring.
      CBP Officer
      Newark, NJ

Comment

• I posted this in the other thread, but I'll try my luck here:

I'm looking for MHC's CBPO email address and/or phone number for last name starting with 'P.' My T.O arrived but had no contact information with it like I got last time around with a BPA TO. If anyone could PM it to me that would be great, thanks in advance.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by hitthelights View Post
          Don't you wish we applied to the last vacancy announcement? I've tested in November, and went through all the processes. I've been referred to schedule my EOD since July 14! Hopefully October with the new budget we hear some good things. MHC advised me in November they should be making some more calls of hiring.
          Your Geo is NJ?

jrq16

Comment

• OMG Yoda!!!

If my investigator asked to see my privates, I'd of let him/her.

Hope others learn from your post. Sounds like you have to reapply Oct 6. Good luck and keep the mindset of this job gives you a lethal weapon and a badge representing the Federal Gov't.

Originally posted by yoda View Post
            They cited me with several things that can be easily explained (misunderstandings), but the one that really got to me was that my investigator said that I was "uncooperative, unresponsive, and had to be reminded of the seriousness of the investigation" this because when he brought up my traffic violations (which is the only thing I have, and of course I was a bit nervous through the whole interview) I smiled and giggled and he told me at that moment "you think this is funny" to which I responded "NO SIR".

He was old as time itself, and probably a retired SA...but come on that was a bit harsh and unnecessary IMO.

Comment

That sucks man. Some people just have it out for others..

By no means is the person who met with you an example of how all BIs are. I was laughing and talking about whatever the entire time we were drinking coffee in a cafe. He was friendly, helpful, and I never once felt under the gun. It was more like hanging out than an investigation. I was under the assumption that BIs were there to gather information, not pass judgement.

However, after reading about your incident I would say this: If you are a good judge of character, play off of how the person is. If not, be as professional as can be. My guy smiled and talked **** first, so I knew it was ok hehe.

Comment

• Turns out search is broken on the forums too...bummer.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
                  Your Geo is NJ?

jrq16
                  Yeah, is that yours as well?
                  CBP Officer
                  Newark, NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by depezhe View Post
                    TO's in regular mail, pre-employment forms, medical and physical stuff FEDEX next day.
                    But the return envelopes for the pre-employment, medical, and physical forms are DHL. Always amazed me they contracted to one company to send it out and one company to send it back. Welcome to the government I guess.

Comment

My wife got a NOPA for a Fed job where a former co-worker completely ****ted on her for personal reasons involving a non-work argument. Anyways it was pretty much the worst NOPA you can imagine. Full of exaggersations, full out lies, and bizarre things that really made no sense. It made her look like the most irresponsible, dishonest, dangerously negligent worker on earth. The BI just copied them down like a reporter and stuck them in the letter.

Anyways my wife wrote a point by point response and just refuted everything in calm language and they green lighted her in no time. After seeing that process I'm convinced that as long as you explain your situation and side well and write clearly almost no NOPA is unbeatable.

Just my two cents anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                        Not unless they are retired military or in the reserves/guard.
                        The PX is almost always more expensive than Wal-Mart for most things anyways. Though it's a nice place to get liquor in bulk if someone is having a party.

Comment

• Anyways my wife wrote a point by point response and just refuted everything in calm language and they green lighted her in no time. After seeing that process I'm convinced that as long as you explain your situation and side well and write clearly almost no NOPA is unbeatable.

Just my two cents anyways.[/QUOTE]

For you or anyone else with NOPA experience. Just out of curiousity are you guys/gals getting your NOPA's before or after having your interview with an investigator?

Comment

• Originally posted by hitthelights View Post
                            July 29 here... I was hoping that October would bring good news, but seeing as you've been waiting two weeks more than me and are going for the same port (I assume you're going for Newark and not Philly) I guess I've F-ed for another month.

Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                              Anyways my wife wrote a point by point response and just refuted everything in calm language and they green lighted her in no time. After seeing that process I'm convinced that as long as you explain your situation and side well and write clearly almost no NOPA is unbeatable.

Just my two cents anyways.
                              For you or anyone else with NOPA experience. Just out of curiousity are you guys/gals getting your NOPA's before or after having your interview with an investigator?[/QUOTE]

After, the investigator gets details and then you get the letter once he/she is done. At least that's been my experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                                For you or anyone else with NOPA experience. Just out of curiousity are you guys/gals getting your NOPA's before or after having your interview with an investigator?
                                After, the investigator gets details and then you get the letter once he/she is done. At least that's been my experience.[/QUOTE]

I was curious because i know they run your prints and all that before interviewing you and thought maybe they'd send you a NOPA if something came up before paying a BI to come talk to you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5328 users online. 414 members and 4914 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X