300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
    Any new applicants heard back about the new exam dates ?? June is around the corner !
    This new format sucks, lol, I like the old format, where you got your test date and time form the get go. Oh well, we will keep on waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
      So I finished the VBT/SI today. Was very nervous going in. So my advice would be to just act normal. The test itself is very straightforward. I got an interview afterwards and then went on my way. Now, I wait for the results!

Btw the cbp officer gave me a pft2 sheet after the interview. IllI'll take that as a good sign.
      I think everyone gets the sheet, a guy that left the room in tears had the sheet too and I don't think he's moving on lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
        I think everyone gets the sheet, a guy that left the room in tears had the sheet too and I don't think he's moving on lol
        Well the guy basically told me that i should be expecting an email from Minneapolis in 3 to 4 weeks about the background process. So i'm staying positive. I'd be gutted if i was withdrawn on an interview after all this.
        Geo - Central East Coast
        CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
        NOR - 10/24/2013
        TSL - 1/30/2014
        VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
        PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
        VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
        eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
          Crying? Well that sucks. Poor guy probably froze or just didn't know what to say during the VBT.

Even though I work in retail, communication is very important to my job, and I'm sure as well as a CBP officer. I always maintain my composure when dealing with irate and/or friendly customers. Hopefully that translate well to the VBT.
          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
            You are freakin hilarious bro!!!! Thank you very accurate and informative. So when I applied last year September why were we given an option of choosing 10 actual locations ??? And this time around I was only able to choose just one region ?? I'm confused about that please elaborate.
            That I cannot speak on because I have no clue. Sometimes it seems like they go by geographical location or locations. The only people who truly know are those who work in MHC.

I still am a firm believer that there is a dart board in the office and they throw darts at a location map.

Comment

• Took my VBT yesterday and got called in for a SI. VBT went very well, I was not nervous at all. I feel like I could have done a lot better on the SI though. I have never been good with interviews as I always leave the interview feeling like I had/could have given better answers to the questions asked. I don't think things went bad but I know I could have done better with my responses. I suppose it is just a matter of nerves which get the best of me when put on the spot during interviews. After the SI was over I had a great conversation with the parties involved and actually felt like part of the team. They were very professional and welcoming. I was given a PFT2 sheet and was told MHC will notify me in 3-4 weeks of the results. I just hope that my credentials come into play when my SI is reviewed and they can see that I was a little nervous and choked up a bit on my responses. I am happy to be moving along in the process and hopefully will get to meet my BI in the near future.
              Last edited by NYJRM10; 05-15-2014, 01:05 PM.

Comment

So I finished the VBT/SI today. Was very nervous going in. So my advice would be to just act normal. The test itself is very straightforward. I got an interview afterwards and then went on my way. Now, I wait for the results!

Hey were you at the ATL location this morning? I also took mine today was super nervous but I'm pretty sure I pass. One of the officer also gave me that pft2 sheets and told me I will be receiving good news in a few weeks. Also they are expecting to hire alot of CBPO this year and next year

Btw the cbp officer gave me a pft2 sheet after the interview. IllI'll take that as a good sign.

Comment

• Oops I kinda mess up on this reply with quote thing

Comment

• SI turned green night. On to background. Good thing most of it is filled out.

Comment

• Anyone else still have the "Pre Employment Forms" section still not green check marked even after VBT/SI?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        Sheesh dude, just stop it. Give it up, admit you are wrong and move on. You're making an embarrassment of yourself.

Unlike you, I am a current CBPO and well versed in what goes on within OFO currently and historically. I've been a CBPO since day one...July 25, 2004. Before then I was an 1890 Customs Inspector. Before all that, I worked various jobs in multiple locations going back to the late 70's.

As an Inspector/CBPO, I've worked both borders in multiple Field Offices, 15 or so ports and 20+ different locations/facilities/crossings in ND, Montana, Minnesota, NY, and AZ. Off the top of my head, I known/worked with multiple 1811's in ICE/DEA/ATF/etc. So yeah, I've contacts with several people who work LEAP. And no, I've never worked in ERO, or DRO or as a DO/IEA/IA(E) or DEO.

When you write things like "I would say the majority CBPO officers make in the 20k range of OT. " that's an untruth...and you open yourself to being corrected over it. Trust me, I don't know what you been gleaning from your CBPO wife or your occasional visit to a PoE, but a lot of what you've been posting is at best a stretching of the overall truth with in OFO as a whole and at worst, pretty much crap.

You might even be dead on with what's happening at the port of Houston, but trust me, when some of these "rookie wannabes and hopefuls" actually get to their ports in Wilmington, DE or wherever, life is almost assuredly going to be far different from what you've been selling them.
                        I have listened to both on you in this thread and others and I can say to both of you on the subject of overtime you are both full of crap. CBPO's do make a fair amount of overtime. In a small northern border port there may not be a lot. In other ports there is be a fair amount. I have learned in the sixteen years I have been an officer and supervisor that you really don't know what happens in other ports until you have worked there. For example, I have worked the port in Wilmington Delaware that you referred to when the docks that are now under them fell under the Philadelphia District. I can tell you the officers there make a fair amount of overtime due to ships on the river that can only move with the tide. It means a lot of callback commute.

The reality is the average CBPO will make on average between five to ten thousand dollars per year in overtime. Some will make much more some will make less. Port size is also not a reliable indicator. Port with 5 officers right now they are averaging five thousand. They will finish the year with about seven thousand each. No flights, just inbond cargo, port open 830am to 5 pm Monday - Friday. The CBPO has to actually work the hours to make the overtime.

HSI agent. I am familiar with LEAP and how it works. I have spent the last three and half years working a task force. I have my own office in the HSI building and carry my own cases. I spent three months working as the Acting Group Supervisor of that group. LEAP is overtime. That being said in the end is not a great way to be compensated. Overall, when talking about annually, you do work more hours then you are being compensated for. However, there are some pay periods that you don't work extra and there are some pay periods that you work more. However, you get the same pay that includes compensation for what is overtime every week regardless if it is actually worked or not. Approving T&A's brings with it that knowledge.
                        In the end, I can tell you even working in an HSI office side by side with the agent (that means I am working the same ops, cases and hours and getting CBP OT for it) for the past three years. The HSI agent still makes more money than I do and before you say it I am the same grade.

What I don't understand is why Agents don't stand up for yourselves. You complain that under LEAP you don't get compensated for all the hours that you work. I understand why you say that. However, if the op your working doesn't start for two weeks in the future like many of your gang ops, speed ops ect do under the regulations you are entitled to true OT at the rate of time and a half because it is scheduled. I know some offices get it but others just don't put in for it because there management will make life really hard on them. You should stick together and file to get what you are entitled to that is where a union can become very useful.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                          Anyone else still have the "Pre Employment Forms" section still not green check marked even after VBT/SI?
                          Same here

But still waiting on the results from the VBT/SI here

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                            Anyone else still have the "Pre Employment Forms" section still not green check marked even after VBT/SI?
                            I still don't and am still waiting for the check mark on my medical as well. I got the green check mark today for structured interview.
                            Geo- Florida
                            CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                            NOR- 98 10/25/13
                            Qual- GS 7
                            TSL- 2/28/14
                            PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                            VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                            VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                            BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                            BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                            BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by fancee0514 View Post
                              Oops I kinda mess up on this reply with quote thing
                              Nope, i'm in Virginia. Hopefully we both make it through!

Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                              Mine is still unchecked as well. Not even sure if i should be concerned about it. I doubt it though. One thing I am worried about however is my medical exam. I took it on March 20 and it is still unchecked...
                              Geo - Central East Coast
                              CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                              NOR - 10/24/2013
                              TSL - 1/30/2014
                              VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                              PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                              VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                              eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

Nope, i'm in Virginia. Hopefully we both make it through!

Mine is still unchecked as well. Not even sure if i should be concerned about it. I doubt it though. One thing I am worried about however is my medical exam. I took it on March 20 and it is still unchecked...
                                I took mine on 3/24 and same here. I email them about 2 weeks and they said the nurse is reviewing it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6269 users online. 256 members and 6013 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X