Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI CBPO posting It suppose to close 5/15 but they closed it due to max # of applications filed many from current CBPO
    Last edited by AJLEO; 05-15-2014, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• Just curious, if someone is fortunate enough to become a cbp officer and has a college degree would they have a decent shot of becoming and hsi special agent one day? I understand you don't get promoted from cbp to hsi SA was just wondering if that's a big help if they hire SA's?

Comment

• My vbt/si is tomorrow in Atlanta. I'm really nervous 😟

Comment

• Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
          FYI CBPO ANOUNCMENT IS OPEN BUT CLOSES TODAY. If you are serious apply now it takes a while. It was suppose to close tomorrow but they closed it due to max # of applications filed many from current CBPO
          It's actually been closed since the 8th b/c of maximum applications received
          CBPO: GS-5
          Geo/Location: JFK
          Tested: 3/'13
          NOR (84)
          Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
          Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
          Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
          The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
          BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
          EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by fancee0514 View Post
            My vbt/si is tomorrow in Atlanta. I'm really nervous ������
            Why don't be!! You'll be just fine just act normal and confident and you'll be just fine! Good luck
            NOR (84)

Comment

• Originally posted by wllyblack View Post
              just speak loud enough whe the scene demands authoritative voice. Make sure your body language will speak for you positiviely (manly) lol. Let them know ahead that that's ur normal voice so they wont misinterprete it to mean you are timid. @izz just hold on tight, every place is different. You will be fine

Sorry about my last post. For some odd reason, when I'm on my phone, the keyboard pops up, but when I'm about to type, the keyboard disappears.

Anyway, I kinda had the idea that you'd need to speak in a authoritative manner, but I'm guessing you can't go too far. One person here in the thread said he was too aggressive.
              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
              02/28/14-TSL Received
              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
              07/01/14-VBT/SI
              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleD View Post
                Peacemaker, hate to break this news to you, but as a new CBPO you have zero chance of getting Downtown San Diego, the SD Airport or SD Seaport; however, if you apply for the SWB, there is a good chance of getting San Ysidro, Tecate or maybe (unlikely) Otay Mesa cargo.
                I was more curious why all the San Diego/Imperial County Region spots are listed as southwest border instead of west coast. I'd have no problem choosing places in CA like Otay or Tecate, but the fact that if I choose southwest border and could go to any of the other states, that is what is tough.

why are the other San Diego places zero chance? Either way, LA and Long Beach sound great to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fancee0514 View Post
                  My vbt/si is tomorrow in Atlanta. I'm really nervous ������
                  Don't be nervous. It's pretty straight forward, just pay attention to the examples given.
                  Geo- Florida
                  CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                  NOR- 98 10/25/13
                  Qual- GS 7
                  TSL- 2/28/14
                  PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                  VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                  VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                  BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                  BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                  BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                    Sorry about my last post. For some odd reason, when I'm on my phone, the keyboard pops up, but when I'm about to type, the keyboard disappears.

Anyway, I kinda had the idea that you'd need to speak in a authoritative manner, but I'm guessing you can't go too far. One person here in the thread said he was too aggressive.
                    Yea that was me that said that (a female) I went too far with my authoritative response. Someone here also said act as if you were at a mall and saw these things acting so respond as if.... I wish we could could give clear advise but we signed off to it. Good luck though
                    NOR (84)

Comment

• Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                      San Diego is under South West region and Spanish is a must for that GEO. West coast will be hiring a lot of applicants for ports such as SFO, LAX, Las Vegas, and Long Beach.
                      Interesting, I applied for West Coast and just finished my VBT/SI yesterday. I would not mind being at any of those places!

Curious, how do you know this to be true Friscovirus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                        Yea that was me that said that (a female) I went too far with my authoritative response. Someone here also said act as if you were at a mall and saw these things acting so respond as if.... I wish we could could give clear advise but we signed off to it. Good luck though
                        I'm a bit confused about the mall example. Do you mean as a regular shopper, and saw someone shoplifting or customers fighting?

And are the example scenarios pretty much the same when you take the test?
                        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                        02/28/14-TSL Received
                        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                        07/01/14-VBT/SI
                        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Anyone here have an EOD of 06/02/14 in Los Angeles/LAX?

Comment

• The soft offer came in two weeks ago and the gentleman stated that LAX, SFO and McCarran (Las Vegas Airport) have many openings while Long Beach/LA Port only had one. FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by RA357 View Post
                              The soft offer came in two weeks ago and the gentleman stated that LAX, SFO and McCarran (Las Vegas Airport) have many openings while Long Beach/LA Port only had one. FYI.
                              Thanks for the info.

Do you know where you will located to before the academy or after?

West Coast applicant here

Comment

• Remember, you are a law enforcement officer so your main goal is to enforce the law even when being polite. Learn to balance the two, be authoritative/aggressive but in a nicer way depending on the scene. they will show you a sample response, that will speak for itself, trust me. Don't worry about your voice, I sound girly sometimes too. Dont' sweat it bro.

Does anyone know at what point they offer you your specific locations? how many options do u get to choose from?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7454 users online. 391 members and 7063 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X