Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    Not really,

under the new hiring process, it doesn't matter what port, they are looking at a timeline of 3 to 6 months. Most of the applicants for Miami are being "expedited" with interim clearances within 3 months... Of course there will be the exception, like myself, that BI takes freaking for ever...
    Would have been nice to apply at the last announcement! I've tested back in November and been referred to scheduling unit since 7/14!
    CBP Officer
    Newark, NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by tiphan22 View Post
      Hey guys,

I recently met with my backgroud investigator but I did not recieve a letter stating if I passed the VBT test. Any of you know if it is normal to meet the investigator eventhough I donnot have any result of the VBT test?
      Thank you very much.

Pre-Employment Forms completed All pre-employment forms have been received.
      Qualifications pending A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.
      Medical Exam completed Medical requirements have been successfully completed.
      Structured Interview pending Your interview has been scheduled.
      Drug Screening completed You have successfully completed the Drug Test requirements.
      Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office.
      Fitness completed Fitness test has been successfully completed.

I dont think there is any type in norm in this process. I took my vbt like a week before i met with my investigator and my background showed up as completed before i even got my vbt results. VBT results are usually mailed like a month after taking it.

Comment

Hey guys,

I recently met with my backgroud investigator but I did not recieve a letter stating if I passed the VBT test. Any of you know if it is normal to meet the investigator eventhough I donnot have any result of the VBT test?
        Thank you very much.

Qualifications pending A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending.
        Drug Screening completed You have successfully completed the Drug Test requirements.

I dont think there is any type in norm in this process. I took my vbt like a week before i met with my investigator and my background showed up as completed before i even got my vbt results. VBT results are usually mailed like a month after taking it.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thank you very much.

Comment

• so im leaving to fletc in about a month, does anyone know if they are they assigning people with roommates from now on?

Comment

• so im leaving to fletc in about a month, does anyone know if they are they assigning people with roommates from now on?

Comment

• Queston...

Anybody know if your are selected from the port you applied to...start the paperwork and take the tests...and then decide you want a different port....what happens? Is it possible to change ports after starting the process?

Also where does are files go after MHC get them. I know they review the documents to make sure they are filled out completely but then they send them to headquarters....Does anyone know what department for sure that gets them? I'm gonna guess IA???? Please let me know...since I need to contact the people that get the finished packets.

Thanks!

Oh and by the way...wouldn't it be nice if CBP had a human resouce department.....it would be so much easier..............

Comment

• Hey,

Does anybody know if you can change your port after you start the process...taken the tests etc....

And where does our packets go after MHC verifies all the paperwork is there and filled out correctly....I know they send it to headquarters but what department??? I'm guessin IA...anyone know???

It sure would be nice if CBP had a human resource department...

Comment

• Hey,

Does anybody know if you can change your port after you start the process...taken the tests etc....

And where does our packets go after MHC verifies all the paperwork is there and filled out correctly....I know they send it to headquarters but what department??? I'm guessin IA...anyone know???

Comment

• Hey,

Comment

• Originally posted by MSUgirL View Post
                        Hey,

OK,
                        The best/easiest way to change your GEO location is before you get your TO, after you have gotten your TO you will have to wait for an open hiring period that includes the location you want, call MHC to decline your current TO, and re-apply to the location you want, then wait for another TO.
                        Did you get that?... They don't make it easy, but it's the only way to go...

Now,
                        as to where your File goes... it goes to MHC, your sf-86 goes to IA (DC), and when they're done it goes to TSU.

Hope it helped...

BTW
                        try to delete your duplicate postings.....
                        Last edited by yoda; 09-29-2008, 11:02 PM.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Anybody get a TO for nj? what score did you get?
                          Waiting for "The Date"

Comment

Last edited by Tarheel1; 09-30-2008, 03:49 PM.
                            CBPO
                            Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
                            Med/Fit-completed 1/08
                            Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
                            Quals-completed 6/08
                            BI-completed 8/08
                            Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

The Call-9/29/08
                            Start-10/14/08
                            FLETC-11/13/08

CBPI-911

Comment

Not really,

under the new hiring process, it doesn't matter what port, they are looking at a timeline of 3 to 6 months. Most of the applicants for Miami are being "expedited" with interim clearances within 3 months... Of course there will be the exception, like myself, that BI takes freaking for ever...

Anyway, I've been anxiously awaiting my NOPA since they told me they sent it out on Wednesday, and still it's not gotten here yet!!!!....

I hope they fixed the issues with the website as well....
                              What are you expecting a NOPA for?

Comment

Not really,

Anyway, I've been anxiously awaiting my NOPA since they told me they sent it out on Wednesday, and still it's not gotten here yet!!!!....

I hope they fixed the issues with the website as well....
                                What are you expecting a NOPA for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5316 users online. 405 members and 4911 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X