300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dwrober9 View Post
    Mine also mentions the External Assessment that is due on 6/13/2014. No clue what it's about.
    mine also says that, I called the recruitment office and the "external assessment" is the entry test. They said they will review the application and then offer the test. Don't worry about that not being done on the application manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
      mine also says that, I called the recruitment office and the "external assessment" is the entry test. They said they will review the application and then offer the test. Don't worry about that not being done on the application manager.
      Great thanks
      CBPO: GS-5
      Geo/Location: JFK
      Tested: 3/'13
      NOR (84)
      Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
      Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
      Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
      The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
      BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
      EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• The new fitness test with the 1.5 mile run replacing the step test, it says it will be replaced during the new contract in July 2014, will that apply to every applicant or only applicants after the change. Will applicants be grandfathered in?

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
          The new fitness test with the 1.5 mile run replacing the step test, it says it will be replaced during the new contract in July 2014, will that apply to every applicant or only applicants after the change. Will applicants be grandfathered in?
          Where did you get that from? I didn't know they were replacing it with a run
          NOR (84)

Comment

• Heres the link to the fitness requirements

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fil...%28step%29.pdf
            NOR (84)

Comment

• Just finished my vbt/si! I got called in for the structured interview, so I know that is a good sign. Interview was a lot more relaxed once the "structured" part ended. Hopefully the 2 officers doing the interview made note of our conversation and interaction after they asked all their questions. The interviewing officer did give me a form for the pft2, does everyone get that or is that possibly a good sign? He did also say that the hiring process is really speeding up because they are expanding and need people.
              Geo- Florida
              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
              NOR- 98 10/25/13
              Qual- GS 7
              TSL- 2/28/14
              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                He did also say that the hiring process is really speeding up because they are expanding and need people.
                Oh please let this be true, I have my VBT next week.

How did you find it Josh? Simple common sense questions? Is it worth being nervous for?

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                  Just finished my vbt/si! I got called in for the structured interview, so I know that is a good sign. Interview was a lot more relaxed once the "structured" part ended. Hopefully the 2 officers doing the interview made note of our conversation and interaction after they asked all their questions. The interviewing officer did give me a form for the pft2, does everyone get that or is that possibly a good sign? He did also say that the hiring process is really speeding up because they are expanding and need people.
                  Was the VBT not as bad as you expected? Did the example scenarios really help? I'm guessing you weren't too aggressive with your voice, too.
                  CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                  02/28/14-TSL Received
                  03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                  07/01/14-VBT/SI
                  07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                  07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Managed to catch the latest opening before it closed. I had planed to fill it out this weekend, glad I went to USAjobs last night. I'm an Army airborne infantry vet and a grad of a top 40 university with well over a 3.0 gpa. Lets see if I get lucky this time around. I hope I didn't hurt my chances by going with the central Atlantic coast rather then the south west.

On a more negative note...

I can't stand reading about people worried about PT tests for these federal law enforcement jobs. 20 push ups? 1.5 mile run? These are things any adult male should be able to do. Body building splits and sitting on your butt playing video games will not help at all. This is basic stuff, work on some intervals, do pushup and pullup ladders and throw in at lest one distance run a week. If you can put a good program together yourself just do the darn PT test three time a week. There are so many body weight and running programs for free online.

In the army I would work out just three times a week and killed the PT test. All I did was powerliftng, hill sprints and intervals.

Comment

• I found it to be kind of what I expected. There is no reason to be nervous, but it's kind of hard not to be. Luckily there were 3 other people there and they were all super nice and friendly, so us all talking kind of took the nerves away. My advice would be try to forget that you are being recorded and pay attention to the paperwork they give you too read and pay attention to the examples. Hopefully I get some good results soon and can go on to the next phase.
                      Geo- Florida
                      CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                      NOR- 98 10/25/13
                      Qual- GS 7
                      TSL- 2/28/14
                      PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                      VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                      VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                      BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                      BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                      BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• The two officers in the SI did not give me any pft2 paperwork like they gave joshk24...wondering if thats what they usually do or if its time to worry....?

Comment

• Originally posted by markmatters1 View Post
                          The two officers in the SI did not give me any pft2 paperwork like they gave joshk24...wondering if thats what they usually do or if its time to worry....?
                          PFT2 is the last step of the process given after you accept one of the offers. Perhaps "joshk24" received general info sheet about PFT2. So do not worry, in few weeks you should receive your results in mail.

Comment

• Copy, that's good to know.

Comment

• VBT May 28 at JFK
                              "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

Comment

• I haven't seen this question posted yet, but what can the average CBPO who maxes out the GS scale expect to see when it comes to monthly retirement pay?
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4377 users online. 190 members and 4187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X