Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
    Anyone have a time frame they're willing to post?

    When I applied (like 11 years ago) the first step was the written test. Now it's the PFT1?

    Also - what's the CBPO academy like? Is it more paramilitary (running like 12 miles in formation) or more laid back?
    It's still the written test first. & the way things are happening everything is out of order. Some take the medical first, some interview first and others take the poly first. But it should be the text, the fitness test part 1, then the medical and then the video based test if you passed that then the structured interview and then the poly I'm guessing.
    CBPO: GS-5
    Geo/Location: JFK
    Tested: 3/'13
    NOR (84)
    Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
    Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
    Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
    The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
    BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
    EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jdmgreg View Post
      You couldn't reschedule? I was out of the country for my first vbt appointment but told them how it was impossible for me to attend. They simply rescheduled me for the next session. Granted, i had to wait two months. But i didn't have to start the process over again.
      The reschedule date they offered was literally the next day. Maybe they didn't want to budge because they wanted to do a pt1 and the med physical the same day.
      Last edited by onebluewolverine; 05-03-2014, 08:44 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
        Maybe I misunderstand. Oneblue, when you say "The reschedule date they offered was literally the next day. Maybe they didn't want to budge because they wanted to do a pt1 and the med physical the same day", these are usually done before eod hiring date. So, did you or did you not have a job offer? Or was it just the next applicant stage? 2 totally different things.
        I understood you were offered a tentative selection for a position.

        Sorry about the confusion, what I meant by "withdrew the offer". Was that they withdrew the Tentative Selection.
        Last edited by onebluewolverine; 05-03-2014, 05:38 PM.

        Comment


        • Good luck to all of you still in line with CBP. Due to medical issues from military service I had to withdraw my application. CBP didn't make me withdraw, just military injury has worsened in the recent months and I felt it better for me to withdraw than continue. Again good luck to all those still in process.
          GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

          "For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

          Comment


          • Good day to all!

            For those of you halfway in, like myself, when did you inform your current employer of your intentions? If there is one thing that is killing me, it's that. Although, joining CBP is what I want, I cannot afford to lose my job. The chances of something coming up during my SI/VBT, POLY, or BI, and not making it in make me very cautious.

            I am a recent college graduate and I am currently doing a management trainee kind of job, and they do not expect any of us to be doing it temporarily. Some things that have happened, when one of my co-workers gave his two weeks notice that he would be leaving, they told him to leave immediately. They don't do well with people who don't want to be there.

            I applied for CBP way before starting my job here. I have my VBT/SI coming up in a week and I asked for the day because I had an "errand" to run. They didn't ask many questions, but I'm probably going to have to ask for another day in a month or two for my poly. When the BI comes along, they will go to my employer and they will probably find out that I am being investigated by CBP. I am not sure if they'll let me go, but I am nervous it could happen.

            So back to my question, when did you all advise your employer? Or you didn't?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by izz View Post
              Good day to all!

              For those of you halfway in, like myself, when did you inform your current employer of your intentions? If there is one thing that is killing me, it's that. Although, joining CBP is what I want, I cannot afford to lose my job. The chances of something coming up during my SI/VBT, POLY, or BI, and not making it in make me very cautious.

              I am a recent college graduate and I am currently doing a management trainee kind of job, and they do not expect any of us to be doing it temporarily. Some things that have happened, when one of my co-workers gave his two weeks notice that he would be leaving, they told him to leave immediately. They don't do well with people who don't want to be there.

              I applied for CBP way before starting my job here. I have my VBT/SI coming up in a week and I asked for the day because I had an "errand" to run. They didn't ask many questions, but I'm probably going to have to ask for another day in a month or two for my poly. When the BI comes along, they will go to my employer and they will probably find out that I am being investigated by CBP. I am not sure if they'll let me go, but I am nervous it could happen.

              So back to my question, when did you all advise your employer? Or you didn't?
              I'm very fortunate that I already work for the government. My supervisors are well aware and very supportive of me trying to obtain a job with CBP as we have a lot of dealing with DHS. I am also fortunate as to have many paid days off saved up, so taking a day off for my CBP stuff isn't a big deal. I guess it is up to you when you want to notify your employer. If you feel like they will let you go, then I wouldn't let them know until you accepting a job offer from CBP.
              Geo- Florida
              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
              NOR- 98 10/25/13
              Qual- GS 7
              TSL- 2/28/14
              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

              Comment


              • Originally posted by izz View Post
                Good day to all!

                For those of you halfway in, like myself, when did you inform your current employer of your intentions? If there is one thing that is killing me, it's that. Although, joining CBP is what I want, I cannot afford to lose my job. The chances of something coming up during my SI/VBT, POLY, or BI, and not making it in make me very cautious.

                I am a recent college graduate and I am currently doing a management trainee kind of job, and they do not expect any of us to be doing it temporarily. Some things that have happened, when one of my co-workers gave his two weeks notice that he would be leaving, they told him to leave immediately. They don't do well with people who don't want to be there.

                I applied for CBP way before starting my job here. I have my VBT/SI coming up in a week and I asked for the day because I had an "errand" to run. They didn't ask many questions, but I'm probably going to have to ask for another day in a month or two for my poly. When the BI comes along, they will go to my employer and they will probably find out that I am being investigated by CBP. I am not sure if they'll let me go, but I am nervous it could happen.

                So back to my question, when did you all advise your employer? Or you didn't?
                Exactly in the same boat as Josh, I currently work for DHS, so my current employer is very happy and excited for me.
                Many of my coworkers have already left for CBP, and all of them told me they give you more than a 2 week notice until you start your 30 days at your duty location. So I would say, once you get your job offer and duty location, put in your 2 week notice.
                Geo - East Texas
                Exam date - 9/7/2013
                NOR - 9/13/2013 score = 97 no vet pnts.
                TSL - 11/27/2014
                PFT1 - 12/27/2014
                VBT/SI - 1/7/2014
                EQIP - 1/18/2014
                Credit check - 2/4/2014
                GS-7 Qualification cass update - 2/24/2014
                Poly exam - 4/8/2014 - PASS
                Interview with investigator - 5/7/2014
                Background submitted from investigator - 6/4/2014
                Drug Test - 6/26/2014
                PFT2 - 7/10/2014
                EOD - JULY 28th, 2014
                FLETC - 8/18/2014 - 12/30/2014
                CBP Session #359 Guidon
                Awarded Physical Training Award

                Comment


                • I know the details to VBT/SI are confidential..... but if I PASS the first part (video based questions), I will automatically go into a oral board style interview right after? This will indicate that I didn't fail ...correct?

                  Comment


                  • Although you might be invited to do SI after VBT it does not mean that you automatically passed. They will still submit the video tape to headquarters and you will get results in the mail in aprox. few weeks.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by izz View Post
                      Good day to all!

                      For those of you halfway in, like myself, w.........
                      During backgrounds, one of the investigators will go to your current employer and will interview your supervisor and few coworkers. My agency was ok about it. Once you get the date for your backgrounds interview, you might want to let your supervisor know of them getting interviewed. After accepting final offer and passing PFT2, you have about 20-30 days before your EOD date.

                      Eh anxious my EOD is tomorrow! May 5th.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                        During backgrounds, one of the investigators will go to your current employer and will interview your supervisor and few coworkers. My agency was ok about it. Once you get the date for your backgrounds interview, you might want to let your supervisor know of them getting interviewed. After accepting final offer and passing PFT2, you have about 20-30 days before your EOD date.

                        Eh anxious my EOD is tomorrow! May 5th.
                        At what location? Let us know how it goes.
                        Geo: SWB
                        CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                        NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                        TSL - 01/31/14
                        Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                        VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                        BI - 03/15/14
                        Poly - 04/30/14
                        BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                        Drug Test - 06/26/14
                        The Call - 06/26/14
                        PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                        EOD - 07/14/14
                        Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

                        Comment


                        • Got scheduled for VBT June 11th!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                            Got scheduled for VBT June 11th!
                            Awesome. Just got the email too. June 6. Good luck!
                            Geo - Northeast
                            CBPO Exam: 10/23/13
                            NOR: 10/31/13
                            TSL: 2/28/14
                            PFT1/Medical: 3/21/14
                            Quals - GS7: 4/27/14
                            VBT/SI: 6/6/14
                            BI: Submitted 6/19/14

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by StellarDrift View Post
                              Awesome. Just got the email too. June 6. Good luck!
                              Thanks good luck to you as well!

                              Comment


                              • I believe there are at least 2 cbpo classes this june at FLETC. Each 8 days apart.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11943 users online. 446 members and 11497 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X