300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
    So, what do you think? I am kind of new to all this process and want to know if I have a chance or a "better" chance to get in being a female and a multi-lingual.

Also, where did you get info from? Is it a new announcement from today?

My understanding is that "female hiring" is very dependent on circumstances and limited to the needs of the agency. Usually, from what I've seen, it's a few score or less of hires at anywhere from a couple to 20 select ports.

My guess is that it slightly advances the odds overall for a woman. I'd be surprised if it amounted to a large percentage of female CBPO hires.

Comment

• I submitted my application today for the new posting. But apparently I will have to retake the entrance exam, I last took it October 2013 and scored a 95. The posting says the exam has changed but it seems like the test prep book they posted is the exact same from the last exam. Does anyone know how the exam has changed?

Comment

• Originally posted by onebluewolverine View Post
        I submitted my application today for the new posting. But apparently I will have to retake the entrance exam, I last took it October 2013 and scored a 95. The posting says the exam has changed but it seems like the test prep book they posted is the exact same from the last exam. Does anyone know how the exam has changed?
        I heard multiple people say its going to be computer based now.

Comment

I submitted my application today for the new posting. But apparently I will have to retake the entrance exam, I last took it October 2013 and scored a 95. The posting says the exam has changed but it seems like the test prep book they posted is the exact same from the last exam. Does anyone know how the exam has changed?
          You scored a 95 and didn't get a tsl?
          Geo- Florida
          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
          NOR- 98 10/25/13
          Qual- GS 7
          TSL- 2/28/14
          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• I got a tsl but the pt1 dates they offered me were when I was out of the country. So they withdrew the offer.

Comment

I got a tsl but the pt1 dates they offered me were when I was out of the country. So they withdrew the offer.
              oh wow that sucks. What region did you get a tsl for? What region did you apply for this time?
              Geo- Florida
              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
              NOR- 98 10/25/13
              Qual- GS 7
              TSL- 2/28/14
              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Yeah they offered January 2nd or January 3rd. It was for Midwest region. I applied for Midwest again.

Comment

I got a tsl but the pt1 dates they offered me were when I was out of the country. So they withdrew the offer.
                  You couldn't reschedule? I was out of the country for my first vbt appointment but told them how it was impossible for me to attend. They simply rescheduled me for the next session. Granted, i had to wait two months. But i didn't have to start the process over again.
                  Geo - Central East Coast
                  CBPO Exam - 10/18/2013
                  NOR - 10/24/2013
                  TSL - 1/30/2014
                  VBT #1 - 3/12/14 (out of country)
                  PFT1/medical - 3/20/2014
                  VBT/SI #2 - 5/15/2014 (eligible 5/22/2014)
                  eQuip/fingerprints - 9/29/2014

Comment

• Has the pft1 or pft2 requirements changed at all? Last time I applied for this position was about 5yrs ago, this'll be my 2nd whack at it

Best of luck to everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by maintain360 View Post
                      Has the pft1 or pft2 requirements changed at all? Last time I applied for this position was about 5yrs ago, this'll be my 2nd whack at it

Best of luck to everyone
                      Well how was it 5 years ago ?? It's push ups sit ups side step Lower loft and stepping for p1
                      CBPO: GS-5
                      Geo/Location: JFK
                      Tested: 3/'13
                      NOR (84)
                      Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                      Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                      Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                      The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                      BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                      EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Anyone have a time frame they're willing to post?

When I applied (like 11 years ago) the first step was the written test. Now it's the PFT1?

Also - what's the CBPO academy like? Is it more paramilitary (running like 12 miles in formation) or more laid back?
                        Originally posted by RSGSRT
                        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                          Anyone have a time frame they're willing to post?

When I applied (like 11 years ago) the first step was the written test. Now it's the PFT1?

Also - what's the CBPO academy like? Is it more paramilitary (running like 12 miles in formation) or more laid back?
                          It's more laid back but still demanding. Border Patrol will be your paramilitary like academy. In your face, shine your boots, PT with rubber M4 in formation and march from class to class.

Comment

• I just noticed the uncorrected eyesight requirement (20/100). I don't meet it.

Oh well.

Thanks for the info.
                            Originally posted by RSGSRT
                            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• Hey guys, I too received the poly info email. Hope that means it won't be far off.

Also, I applied for GS5. Can I still shoot for GS7? Quals are still pending.
                              Geo: SWB
                              CBPO Exam: 10.31.13
                              NOR: 93% - 11.04.13
                              TSL: 03.04.14
                              Med/PFT1: 03.14.14
                              VBT/SI: 05.19.14

Comment

• hi scd32
                                "A bird in hand is more valuable than a million in the bush"
                                I will advise you to go for the BOP if you find the location convenient- Call the HR and see if they can give you a later eod while you're still trying figure out your fate with the cbp. If cbp doesn't workout, God forbid, then you have your job with BOP. If it does, you can always quit BOP and join cbp.
                                I am currently with BOP but i find cbp to have more advancement opportunities and better salary that's why iam considering switching. I am also scheduled for my vbt/si in barely a week. Remember, never decline any offer untill you have something better in hand.
                                Goodluck
                                Last edited by wllyblack; 05-03-2014, 04:11 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10177 users online. 486 members and 9691 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X