Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Awesome View Post
    Well just received an email indicating that my Poly results were found unfavorable and I do not have rights to appeal. Does anyone know if that is true?
    Wow u serious!! That's wrong after going through all this and than received such letter. But on the day of the exam did they tell u anything at the end thaat you though this couldve been the results?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MPDC applicant View Post
      Wow u serious!! That's wrong after going through all this and than received such letter. But on the day of the exam did they tell u anything at the end thaat you though this couldve been the results?
      No. He said "In my professional opinion, I think they will send you for a re-test. I wouldnt waste your time and my time by going over all of this if I thought they were going to fail you".
      Geo- Northeast
      CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
      NOR- Score: 92 - 9/13/13
      TSL - 12/16/13
      PFT1/Medical - 12/27/13 (Passed)
      BI - 1/27/13 (In security office)
      VBT/SI - 2/27/14 (Passed)
      Poly - 3/6/14 (attempting appeal)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by wantmore12 View Post
        Polygraph schedule on may 29 in miami. I've never done any drugs or got arrested. nothing to hide. wish me a luck
        How long did u have to wait after you VBT/SI to get scheduled for poly?

        Comment


        • Does anybody know the relationship between CBP or homeland security with this address 1301 constitution ave nw washington dc 20229?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
            Does anybody know the relationship between CBP or homeland security with this address 1301 constitution ave nw washington dc 20229?
            http://www.cbp.gov/border-security/a...-environmental

            A point of contact for:

            Border Patrol Facilities and Tactical Infrastructure
            Program Management Office
            Facilities Management & Engineering

            is there.
            Geo - Northeast
            CBPO Exam: 10/23/13
            NOR: 10/31/13
            TSL: 2/28/14
            PFT1/Medical: 3/21/14
            Quals - GS7: 4/27/14
            VBT/SI: 6/6/14
            BI: Submitted 6/19/14

            Comment


            • I'm taking my polygraph test tomorrow. I've never done any illegal drugs or any of that kind of stuff but I'm still pretty nervous. Does anyone have an advice to give? When they ask have you ever done drugs are people getting stuck because alcohol and OTC medication are considered drugs?
              Geo: SWB
              CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
              NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
              TSL - 01/31/14
              Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
              VBT/SI - 02/28/14
              BI - 03/15/14
              Poly - 04/30/14
              BI Cleared - 06/24/14
              Drug Test - 06/26/14
              The Call - 06/26/14
              PFT 2 - 07/11/14
              EOD - 07/14/14
              Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                I'm taking my polygraph test tomorrow. I've never done any illegal drugs or any of that kind of stuff but I'm still pretty nervous. Does anyone have an advice to give? When they ask have you ever done drugs are people getting stuck because alcohol and OTC medication are considered drugs?
                Good luck Kattle and let us know how it goes.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                  I'm taking my polygraph test tomorrow. I've never done any illegal drugs or any of that kind of stuff but I'm still pretty nervous. Does anyone have an advice to give? When they ask have you ever done drugs are people getting stuck because alcohol and OTC medication are considered drugs?
                  Hey, no they will ask you if you have done any illicit narcotic, and be extremely specific in what they're looking for. Just stay with your answer, and make sure you are clean and crisp in your response in terms of answering the question, whilst hooked up to the machine. I suggest you get ample sleep, it will be a long process. Make sure you eat food before you go, and make sure you take a snack (preferably something which doesn't tend to cause you all sorts of gas. If you are an avid coffee drinker, make sure it's decaf. You don't want to give them a chance to make something into a false positive. Good luck, and keep us posted. You should be fine that is as long as you disclose everything. To what I've read, and herd from other applicants makes it seem as the IA special agent is following a script.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Awesome View Post
                    How far along in the process did you get?
                    I did everything except the drug test. I received a NOPA and my file was in the Internal Affairs office which I assume is part of the BI. Started this process in May 2012.

                    I'm just trying to figure out if CBP shares what was said during my polygraph.

                    Comment


                    • So I find out today that the reason my poly was found "unfavorable" was because my amended paperwork reflected 1 time pot use within a 3 year period before my poly date. Which is bull because the only reason I said that was because the administrator asked me to change the date to a more recent timeframe to make me feel more comfortable with answering the question when hooked to the machine. Long story short, I am in the beginning phase of starting an appeal.
                      Geo- Northeast
                      CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
                      NOR- Score: 92 - 9/13/13
                      TSL - 12/16/13
                      PFT1/Medical - 12/27/13 (Passed)
                      BI - 1/27/13 (In security office)
                      VBT/SI - 2/27/14 (Passed)
                      Poly - 3/6/14 (attempting appeal)

                      Comment


                      • Hopefully you have a case, and it doesn't take forever.

                        Good luck, Awesome.
                        CBP Officer

                        08/31/14-Tested
                        02/28/14-TSL Received
                        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                        07/01/14-VBT/SI
                        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Awesome View Post
                          So I find out today that the reason my poly was found "unfavorable" was because my amended paperwork reflected 1 time pot use within a 3 year period before my poly date. Which is bull because the only reason I said that was because the administrator asked me to change the date to a more recent timeframe to make me feel more comfortable with answering the question when hooked to the machine. Long story short, I am in the beginning phase of starting an appeal.

                          That sucks man. That's odd.
                          Last edited by StellarDrift; 11-27-2014, 06:27 AM.
                          Geo - Northeast
                          CBPO Exam: 10/23/13
                          NOR: 10/31/13
                          TSL: 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical: 3/21/14
                          Quals - GS7: 4/27/14
                          VBT/SI: 6/6/14
                          BI: Submitted 6/19/14

                          Comment


                          • Hey guys,

                            Do you receive an email or somebody calls you for a poly?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                              Hey guys,

                              Do you receive an email or somebody calls you for a poly?
                              Some people receive phone calls, some email, all depends on SA. I personally received email.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post
                                Hey guys,

                                Do you receive an email or somebody calls you for a poly?
                                Mine was by phone.
                                Geo- Northeast
                                CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
                                NOR- Score: 92 - 9/13/13
                                TSL - 12/16/13
                                PFT1/Medical - 12/27/13 (Passed)
                                BI - 1/27/13 (In security office)
                                VBT/SI - 2/27/14 (Passed)
                                Poly - 3/6/14 (attempting appeal)

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11039 users online. 396 members and 10643 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X