Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
    Just received email for my scheduled VBT, I'm a bit nervous about it!

    I'm going in a nice suit, always better to be overdressed.

    In the SI portion do they mostly only ask you job experience related questions?
    Good luck! When did you take the PFT1?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
      Good luck! When did you take the PFT1?

      Last week April 15th.

      VBT isn't till May 13th though.

      So its a month in between.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JS13088 View Post
        Awesome - How did you poly go??
        Poly was a bit ridiculous.. but the SA who administered it was a good guy. He said I didn't fail but he said he wasnt 100% convinced on the "readings" on 2 of the questions so the results would have to be reviewed in Washington by his superiors. Seems like a fail to me in the long run but its been almost 7 weeks and no "bad news letter" yet. 1 of 2 things will happen soon: 1- Ill get the letter or 2- BI will start to contact references to complete the investigation.
        Geo- Northeast
        CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
        NOR- Score: 92 - 9/13/13
        TSL - 12/16/13
        PFT1/Medical - 12/27/13 (Passed)
        BI - 1/27/13 (In security office)
        VBT/SI - 2/27/14 (Passed)
        Poly - 3/6/14 (attempting appeal)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Awesome View Post
          When did your BI start and did you take a poly test?
          Did polygraph on December and met my investigator on January.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
            Jesse obviously your choice, but your not telling us what the reasons stated in the letter are. Therefore, the best anyone can say is, you know the answers and if you have a good explanation then write a rebuttal. Otherwise, good luck in your other endeavors.

            To answe your question, if you do not send a rebuttal letter, yes you are done and NOT hired probably.
            I sent my rebuttal letter. Hopefully it works. Honestly it was dumb mistakes from teenage

            Comment


            • Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
              jesse_p

              Nobody is perfect and BI knows that, they are looking for honest people so as*long as you disclosed it you should be fine. I had a misdemeanor charge on me and eventhough I was not convicted and charge was dropped I disclosed it and brought to my BI interview 2 page "essay" explaining what happened etc. Passed it. And now I EOD in May. Best of luck.
              Awesome. I did disclose during my poly. There were never charges. I just felt I had to be honest and let the agency know. Now that you have your EOD did it ever show on your CASS that your background was clear or does it still state "your case is in the security office"? Also, how long do you think it takes to have an answer as to what their decision is?

              Comment


              • nop. I just let the agency know of my errors while underage

                Comment


                • There is no record. I disclosed on my poly

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jesse_p View Post
                    Awesome. I did disclose during my poly. There were never charges. I just felt I had to be honest and let the agency know. Now that you have your EOD did it ever show on your CASS that your background was clear or does it still state "your case is in the security office"? Also, how long do you think it takes to have an answer as to what their decision is?
                    It did say complete. Now my cass just shows my EOD date.

                    Comment


                    • Hey Goodmorning fellows,
                      I have been following this forum for quite a while now and have benefited a lot from timely contributions from all members through out this process. So i felt it would only be fair for me to share my thoughts, experiences, timeline as well as any ideas which might benefit some people.
                      I tested in Santonio Tx on 10/23/13, NOR 10/30/13 (92), Geo: (originally Southeast but had to change to Midwest), TSL; 03/31/14, fitness and medical: 04/16/14, Quals: GS 07, and currently getting ready for my VBT and SI on 05/12 in Houston.
                      My advice to anyone yet to take the fitness test, make sure you know all the requirements and be ready to quiz the administrators on how they are going to score them. From experience, some of them don't really know the requirements or haven't administered the test in a long time. I had correct mine on some of the steps if not i would be screwed by now. For instance, she said she would only count the outside lines and not the center line (side-step test), and that i should start from the right side instead of the center. Also, she instructed me to stand erect after I bring down the 50 pound weight from the table before i bend down again to pick it up. I challenged her so we had to listen/ read the instructions again to make sure we are all the same page before we started. Where she almost screwed me was the 12 inch step test (the real deal). I am somewhat in shape and pratised with a 13 inch bench 6 to 8 minutes daily at the gym for 2 weeks. But she pushed me beyond the limit so i had to go much faster than the cadence (rhythm) which got me really tired than expected. Unfortunaly i couldn't stop halfway to chalenge her so i had to challenge myself to finsh it with flying colors. But it's no joke though. You will get tired and feel like quiting. Please practise all the steps daily for atleast 2 weeks straight prior to avoid any surprises.
                      Score: 44 push ups, 38 situps, 15 side steps, 8 lift lower weights in 34 seconds, and finished the step test tiringly.
                      On the VBT, Iam only following the advice from forumers to try and relax and be my natural self on that day. I also practise speaking infront of a tv and record myself. Best of luck to us all through out the process.
                      Last edited by wllyblack; 04-24-2014, 02:33 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                        It did say complete. Now my cass just shows my EOD date.
                        How long after meeting your background investigator did the status show as complete? And how long after showing complete did you receive the call for EOD?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by wllyblack View Post
                          Hey Goodmorning fellows,
                          I have been following this forum for quite a while now and have benefited a lot from timely contributions from all members through out this process. So i felt it would only be fair for me to share my thoughts, experiences, timeline as well as any ideas which might benefit some people.
                          I tested in Santonio Tx on 10/23/13, NOR 10/30/13 (92), Geo: (originally Southeast but had to change to Midwest), TSL; 03/31/14, fitness and medical: 04/16/14, Quals: GS 07, and currently getting ready for my VBT and SI on 05/12 in Houston.
                          Hey, same thing happen to me, I went on a new years eve to do the test and the nurse was ready to be retired in few days so she didn't care to even read the requirements. And if I didn't show her how to do the test I was going to fail miserably because of her ignorance in the test. Luckily, she was nice lady and listened to me when I explained to her how the test should be done. I got 157 scores out of 80 minimum and passed with flying colors.

                          Good luck on the VBT/SI test, it is not as hard as you think

                          Comment


                          • thanks. Goodjob on your high score. what location and how far are you in the process so far

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jade78 View Post

                              Good luck on the VBT/SI test, it is not as hard as you think
                              Glad to hear this part, this is the only real part of the whole hiring process I'm worried about.

                              I'll blow through any physical requirements and I have a 100% clean record.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
                                Glad to hear this part, this is the only real part of the whole hiring process I'm worried about.

                                I'll blow through any physical requirements and I have a 100% clean record.


                                100% clean record doesnt guarantee you a pass on the Polygraph.. that is an animal of its own. Many, many people fail it when being truthful.

                                Good luck on the process though.
                                Geo- Northeast
                                CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
                                NOR- Score: 92 - 9/13/13
                                TSL - 12/16/13
                                PFT1/Medical - 12/27/13 (Passed)
                                BI - 1/27/13 (In security office)
                                VBT/SI - 2/27/14 (Passed)
                                Poly - 3/6/14 (attempting appeal)

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4203 users online. 186 members and 4017 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X