Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business casual is fine. Once you finish the "Video" part of the interview, they make you sit there while they review it and if you pass it, you will be called in for a face to face interview.

Good luck.
    Geo- Northeast
    CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
    NOR- Score: 92 - 9/13/13
    TSL - 12/16/13
    PFT1/Medical - 12/27/13 (Passed)
    BI - 1/27/13 (In security office)
    VBT/SI - 2/27/14 (Passed)
    Poly - 3/6/14 (attempting appeal)

Comment

• Originally posted by jesse_p View Post
      Today I received a letter stating the agency proposes my withdrawal based on issues that were identified in my BI. It stated that response to the letter must be received by the agency within 15 days. Has anyone had the same issue? I have already completed everything except drug test and BI says the case is in the security office. Is the letter the final process in the Background Investigation or has it stopped due to the issues. Such issues included shoplifting while a minor and having a father with previous felonies. However, I now have a BS in criminal Justice and management experience.
      When did your BI start and did you take a poly test?
      Geo- Northeast
      CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
      TSL - 12/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
        I have a quick question regarding the VBT. I received my scheduling letter for the VBT. All of the information I have read so far has stated that you first take your VBT, then if you pass you have your SI. However, my letter states that the VBT is the SI for this position. Also, many have stated to wear a suit to the SI however, my letter says to dress in "business casual". Any thoughts on this?
        I asked my buddy, who is a federal agent, about the business casual dress and he said Khaki's and a collared shirt is good. I think I'm going to go with the it's better to overdress then underdress and wear a shirt and tie.
        Geo- Florida
        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
        NOR- 98 10/25/13
        Qual- GS 7
        TSL- 2/28/14
        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Mine been there for over a month now. I, like you, passed the other tests except the drug test which is still pending.

Comment

• Do you guys know if your geographic area affects your BI timeline?

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome View Post
              Business casual is fine. Once you finish the "Video" part of the interview, they make you sit there while they review it and if you pass it, you will be called in for a face to face interview.

Good luck.
              I know you can't tell anything about the vbt, but can you give any advice on it?
              Geo- Florida
              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
              NOR- 98 10/25/13
              Qual- GS 7
              TSL- 2/28/14
              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                I know you can't tell anything about the vbt, but can you give any advice on it?
                Dont over-react to the scenarios. Just give your natural response and you will do fine.
                Geo- Northeast
                CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
                TSL - 12/16/13

Comment

• Does anyone else check CASS daily even though they say "Its updated 1 time a week and its normally on Thusdays"?
                  Geo- Northeast
                  CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
                  TSL - 12/16/13

Comment

Does anyone else check CASS daily even though they say "Its updated 1 time a week and its normally on Thusdays"?
                    Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays. But I do check almost daily can't help myself haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by jesse_p View Post
                      Today I received a letter stating the agency proposes my withdrawal based on issues that were identified in my BI. It stated that response to the letter must be received by the agency within 15 days. Has anyone had the same issue? I have already completed everything except drug test and BI says the case is in the security office. Is the letter the final process in the Background Investigation or has it stopped due to the issues. Such issues included shoplifting while a minor and having a father with previous felonies. However, I now have a BS in criminal Justice and management experience.
                      Ouch. I don't ever recall a question regarding any relatives with felonies when I went through the Secret Service SF-86 form.

Did the cops arrest you for shoplifting?
                      CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                      02/28/14-TSL Received
                      03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                      07/01/14-VBT/SI
                      07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                      07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• I had to disclose any of my immediate family members criminal history on mine. My sister got caught with a baggy during her teen years. My BA didn't make a big deal about it.

I wouldn't worry about your dads history. You reported it. Its all you can do and you can't really be hurt by it.

The shop lifting one depends on how much time passed. You show that you have a Degree and have over came it. Talk about your jobs since then. Your achievements. I would write a detailed response to it and not withdraw in my opinion.

Comment

• jesse_p

Nobody is perfect and BI knows that, they are looking for honest people so as*long as you disclosed it you should be fine. I had a misdemeanor charge on me and eventhough I was not convicted and charge was dropped I disclosed it and brought to my BI interview 2 page "essay" explaining what happened etc. Passed it. And now I EOD in May. Best of luck.

Comment

• Just received email for my scheduled VBT, I'm a bit nervous about it!

I'm going in a nice suit, always better to be overdressed.

In the SI portion do they mostly only ask you job experience related questions?
                            Last edited by MangoMan; 04-22-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

My background has been "In the security office" since January. Took the test August 2013. Passed PFT1/Medical in Jan, passed VBT/SI in Feb, took poly in March.. Still waiting on results.[
                              Awesome - How did you poly go??

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                Highly doubtful... FLETC is an 8-4 environment. No differential pay, overtime, or holiday pay for trainees. CBP has the largest presence there and they can run a ton of classes without having to double shift in one day. Not to mention the logistical nightmare for buses, chow hall, staff, and trainers. CBP did run accelerated academies at one point during mass hiring years ago... Not likely to happen again, but who knows....
                                Currently, I am attending an advanced class at FLETC. This concept is indeed being discussed here at the academy. If it happens is another post all together but they are talking about how to make it work.

FB

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8071 users online. 432 members and 7639 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X