Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoreyLEO223 View Post
    17min 15 sec
    17 minutes for 1.5 miles?! Sounds easy compared to sheriff/police standards. Now, do they judge you based on your time or is it just a pass/fail?
    knowledge equals confidence

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimo View Post
      17 minutes for 1.5 miles?! Sounds easy compared to sheriff/police standards. Now, do they judge you based on your time or is it just a pass/fail?
      Based on pass/fail. During PFT2 once you reach requirement proctors will stop you. I was the solo tester at PFT2 and chose not to take any breaks. Test is relatively easy if you are in shape. I run on a daily basis, so 1.5 mile run was a piece of cake. My suggestion to future applicants is to time your run b4 hand that way you know at what pace to run. PFT2 is administered by CBPO staff.

P.S. At my PFT2, CBPO staff told me that there is a possibility (or at least talks) to have 2 classes back to back, morning and evening. They are not sure if this is happening during this coming Academy or next.
      Good Luck.

Comment

• Question:

I may be moving to Charlotte, NC, and I'm wondering if I'll suffer a long delay due to moving. Supposedly you can continue on with the process in parts of Charlotte. I'm just awaiting for my VBT/SI.

Thanks
        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
        02/28/14-TSL Received
        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
        07/01/14-VBT/SI
        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
          What do you mean by this? "P.S. At my PFT2, CBPO staff told me that there is a possibility (or at least talks) to have 2 classes back to back, morning and evening. They are not sure if this is happening during this coming Academy or next."
          What is morning and evening?
          They said there might be 2 Academy classes, one in the morning and second class during evening hours, but it's still in talks.

Comment

• PM is now enabled....
            CBPO in Florida

Comment

• Hey guys I've been reading for a while now thank you all for the tips and good luck to all on their journey. I am a female (just saying) I had a hard time passing the VBT but from what I've been hearing it was super easy for everyone else. Although we can't talk about it can I get some general tips if possible?? I heard they will be opening the job again (I called and confirmed as it is true) they said although I took it just this year it wouldn't matte that I can take it again since it's an entirely new system. Feel free to PM me or just reply to my post with any tips you may have! I'm only 22 but I really want this job badly! Im exteemly fit and ready for what this job has to offer!! Thanks in advance.
              CBPO: GS-5
              Geo/Location: JFK
              Tested: 3/'13
              NOR (84)
              Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
              Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
              Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
              The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
              BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
              EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Hey don't be discouraged! I didn't pass it either but you should try one more time! The job will re open sometime soon so keep an eye out! They said we can reapply although it hasn't been an entire you so go for it! I've asked for general tips for the VBT Becuase I was a bit confused as well. Good luck
                NOR (84)

Comment

• Hey Corey, congrats !!! Unfortunately I didn't pass my VBT do you have any general tips since we can speak of it at all? I really want this job.
                  NOR (84)

Comment

• Highly doubtful... FLETC is an 8-4 environment. No differential pay, overtime, or holiday pay for trainees. CBP has the largest presence there and they can run a ton of classes without having to double shift in one day. Not to mention the logistical nightmare for buses, chow hall, staff, and trainers. CBP did run accelerated academies at one point during mass hiring years ago... Not likely to happen again, but who knows....
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• process

I am new on this site. I am reading much as I can to learn what everyone is going through with this process. I took my written test in Aug 2013. I just did my medical and pt1. I hasn't came back yet. Back I do have questions about the poloygraph and background check. I did a background check for TSA and NPS law enforcement but not a polygraph. I passed both. My question is how strict is CBP on drug use and sell? I only smoked weed. I only sold if I had any at a party and someone asked (2-3 times.) It was 12 years ago. Should I stop now or keep going through the process?
                      Test taken-08/30/2013
                      NOR-09/04/2013 (84 non vet)
                      Changed location-02/20/2014
                      Medical-04/15/2014 (still waiting)
                      PT1-04/15/2014 passed
                      VBT & SI-05/14/2014 passed

Comment

• QUOTE=Jade78;3450282]Hello,

Anybody who applied in fall 2013 got a result regarding a BI yet?[/QUOTE]

My background has been "In the security office" since January. Took the test August 2013. Passed PFT1/Medical in Jan, passed VBT/SI in Feb, took poly in March.. Still waiting on results.[
                        Geo- Northeast
                        CBPO Exam - 8/15/13
                        NOR- Score: 92 - 9/13/13
                        TSL - 12/16/13
                        PFT1/Medical - 12/27/13 (Passed)
                        BI - 1/27/13 (In security office)
                        VBT/SI - 2/27/14 (Passed)
                        Poly - 3/6/14 (attempting appeal)

Comment

• There has been talk of evening classes in the past as well.

The agency most likely will hire and need to train 6000-8000 new people over the next 4 or so years. Maybe there's teeth to the rumor, especially if the agency feels the need to push forward with that new hiring/training as quickly as they can.

Comment

• Letter to propose withdraw

Today I received a letter stating the agency proposes my withdrawal based on issues that were identified in my BI. It stated that response to the letter must be received by the agency within 15 days. Has anyone had the same issue? I have already completed everything except drug test and BI says the case is in the security office. Is the letter the final process in the Background Investigation or has it stopped due to the issues. Such issues included shoplifting while a minor and having a father with previous felonies. However, I now have a BS in criminal Justice and management experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by jesse_p View Post
                              Today I received a letter stating the agency proposes my withdrawal based on issues that were identified in my BI. It stated that response to the letter must be received by the agency within 15 days. Has anyone had the same issue? I have already completed everything except drug test and BI says the case is in the security office. Is the letter the final process in the Background Investigation or has it stopped due to the issues. Such issues included shoplifting while a minor and having a father with previous felonies. However, I now have a BS in criminal Justice and management experience.
                              I believe, if issues come up during your BI, you will have the opportunity to send in a letter of explanation regarding the circumstances that surround your criminal record. However, did you list the shoplifting offense on your BI forms? Even if you were a minor, you must list it because they will find it. If you did not list it, and they found a record, I don't think that looks too good.

Comment

• I have a quick question regarding the VBT. I received my scheduling letter for the VBT. All of the information I have read so far has stated that you first take your VBT, then if you pass you have your SI. However, my letter states that the VBT is the SI for this position. Also, many have stated to wear a suit to the SI however, my letter says to dress in "business casual". Any thoughts on this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8362 users online. 246 members and 8116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X