Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the call yesterday. Offered me an EOD mid-OCT and FLETC early NOV.

Comment

• Originally posted by VT04 View Post
      Got the call yesterday. Offered me an EOD mid-OCT and FLETC early NOV.
      Congrats, for what location?

Also, I'm looking for some quick help. I just got scheduled for the fit test for Wednesday. I've read on what the tests are, but I've never seen them done before. Granted a verbal explanation is I guess all I need, but I know that for other FLEO fit tests there are dos and donts that are usually explained in a video CD they send along with the TO. My problem is that my TO isn't even here yet! I've seen the CBPO fit test guide float around on the internet before, does anyone know where I can find it?

The lady said that my test had a deadline of Monday, Oct 6 to get it all done and sent back to MHC, so it looks like things are speeding along. Sit by those phones people!
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
        Congrats, for what location?

Also, I'm looking for some quick help. I just got scheduled for the fit test for Wednesday. I've read on what the tests are, but I've never seen them done before. Granted a verbal explanation is I guess all I need, but I know that for other FLEO fit tests there are dos and donts that are usually explained in a video CD they send along with the TO. My problem is that my TO isn't even here yet! I've seen the CBPO fit test guide float around on the internet before, does anyone know where I can find it?

The lady said that my test had a deadline of Monday, Oct 6 to get it all done and sent back to MHC, so it looks like things are speeding along. Sit by those phones people!
        You should have received a DVD with your packet. Anywho..this should answering all your questions.

http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/custo...chance_pft.xml

Comment

• Sap,

What's your geo preference?

Comment

• Dulles Airport, Virginia would be my port

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              You should have received a DVD with your packet. Anywho..this should answering all your questions.

http://cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/custo...chance_pft.xml
              !!!! I was looking for that all day yesterday! I knew a link existed on their site. Grrr. Thanks a lot, you know your way around the cbp much better than I do. I haven't received my packet yet, but I bet you bottom dollar that there will be a DVD in there.

My geo pref is San Diego (not the Calexico subpref though)
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by VT04 View Post
                Dulles Airport, Virginia would be my port
                LOL, I really welcome you to the fun! PM sent
                Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                  After you receive TO your score is no longer important or used to rank you. The person who has been in TSU the longest for a specific port will be called first.
                  I was referring to the order in which they rank candidates before they send out TO's.

Comment

• what kind of work can a pre-academy cbpo expect to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by boguesm View Post
                      I was referring to the order in which they rank candidates before they send out TO's.
                      To the extent of my knowledge, TO's get sent out in order of score (higher scores first), as to how they deal with multiple applicants with the same score it's up for grabs... That would be a question you should address to MHC, they are the ones qualified to give you the correct answer if any.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I tested in late July and received my NOR with a score of 82. i just got a letter in the mail saying that they are unable to continue processing my selection. in the letter it says that i did not meet the suitability standards based on the answers i provided in the online application. the issues stated were
                        -criminal conduct
                        -mission-critical conduct

now i dont remember answering any questions when filling out the online application but does anyone know what this is about? it says if i feel that this is an error i can write a letter for a request for reconsideration with verifiable documentation. but what kind of documentation? I honestly dont know where any of this came from but it is very dis-heartening news for me to know that i have been rejected. the letter is signed by a Wendy A. Rohleder. does anyone know how i can get in touch with this person to discuss this? it doesnt even say where to send the reconsideration letter too. anyway if anyone has any insight, advise, or information id greatly appreciate it. i am very saddened by this as im trying to pull myself together to get ready for my newborn coming in November and CBP was my beam of light. thanks in advance for any help.

JR

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                          I tested in late July and received my NOR with a score of 82. i just got a letter in the mail saying that they are unable to continue processing my selection. in the letter it says that i did not meet the suitability standards based on the answers i provided in the online application. the issues stated were
                          -criminal conduct
                          I understand the "beam of light" feeling, I wish that I knew of some good advice for you. I hope you are able to get it worked out.

I was wondering though; could this determination be due to the answers that you gave for your personality profile questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
                            I tested in late July and received my NOR with a score of 82. i just got a letter in the mail saying that they are unable to continue processing my selection. in the letter it says that i did not meet the suitability standards based on the answers i provided in the online application. the issues stated were
                            -criminal conduct

JR
                            Would you mind elaborating on what kind of criminal history you have? Drugs, domestic violence, felony? Or do you think it's an error?

Comment

• i honestly believe its an error. i have virtually no criminal history. i have never been arrested. i got caught shoplifting once when i was a minor and like two traffic tickets. no domestic violence, drug abuse, felonies, misdemeanors, pretty much nothing. what i think is that maybe i might have skipped over a section and left those questions blank?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post

I was wondering though; could this determination be due to the answers that you gave for your personality profile questions?
                                the questions stated on the letter were from the online application and listed seven questions from
                                a) use, purchase, sale, manufacture of distribution of non-prescribed controlled substances
                                all the way to
                                g)current delinquency on Federal decbt for 90 days or more.

i dont remember questions like that being on the personality profile questions. i remember those as being questions like "based on your past employment, how would your supervisor rate your ability to work under stress". those are the kinds of questions i remember being on that personality survey and i know my answers for those questions would not yield these results. if those questions did indeed come from the online application (from usajobs?) then i honestly dont remember ever answering questions like that during that application.
                                Last edited by JRizEJ6; 09-27-2008, 12:51 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17505 users online. 504 members and 17001 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X