300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all,

I took my Test on 10/31/2013- Scored a 94 for Northeast region.
    Got my TSL
    Completed Fitness 1
    Completed VBT/SI
    Submitted my SF86
    Background is in the Security Office
    Waiting on Poly
    Waiting on Drug Screening

Yesterday I got an e-mail requesting that I sign a form acknowledging that I understand that CBP may offer me an EOD prior to my background check's successful completion; however, continued employment was contingent upon a successful check.

Has anyone else gotten this e-mail?

I already work for ICE and have a clearance that was updated last year after 5 years of service, so maybe I'm in the minority of applicants that could be "pre-approved", if you will?
    Last edited by VT; 04-03-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• -in regards new TSL

Depends. If medical didnt expire they will send you few forms to sign about any changes since last visit. Also you will redo pft1.
      Last edited by friscovirus; 04-03-2014, 02:59 PM. Reason: add

Comment

• Got an appointment for my physical and medical on the 14th. Hopefully everything goes fast from now on.

Comment

• I just checked CASS today and I now have a green check mark in Qualifications! Woohoo! So I have Qualification and Fitness checked... Hopefully Medical goes green soon too. Got my VBT/SI in May. It seems like Central/East Coast process is picking up steam and going a lot quicker than it has in the past.
          Civitas Ad Mare
          LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
          TSL: 12/18/13
          PFT1/Med: 1/14
          VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
          BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
          Drug test: TBD
          Polygraph: TBD
          PFT2: TBD
          EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
          Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• Has anyone who applied to the Northwest region received any offers lately? I'm a 2012 applicant and everything is done except for my drug test. My background was completed in January but Cass still says my file is in the office. I do not know why I didn't take a drug test when I did my medical earlier this year. I live in the south and I am so ready to move from here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
              Everything that was COMPLETED will transfer, unless they change any requirements. For instances, you'll probably have to retake the test.
              My CASS the first time I applied with CBP got all COMPLETED except for BI. I was withdrawn in 2012. I reapplied last year and on this TSL only two items stayed completed. I guess they have expiration dates on some of them. I know that the PFT1 they will make you redo almost every time you get a new TSL. They must not trust us to stay in space. lol
              CBPO
              SWB, Rio Grande Valley, Texas
              Re-Applied: 08/2013
              Written: 12/10/2010 Springfield, IL.
              NOR: 01/25/2011 (84 No. Vet.)
              Qual:?
              PreForms: ?
              PFT1: ?
              BI: In the security Office
              Med: 07/2011- Complete
              Drug:?
              VBT/SI: 10/07/2011 Chicago, IL. Complete
              PFT2:?
              EOD & FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
                I just checked CASS today and I now have a green check mark in Qualifications! Woohoo! So I have Qualification and Fitness checked... Hopefully Medical goes green soon too. Got my VBT/SI in May. It seems like Central/East Coast process is picking up steam and going a lot quicker than it has in the past.
                Received my TSL for the west coast last week and got called today to schedule the fitness test. Hopefully were all being sped up since they are hiring what is it, 2000 more officers?

Any others in for the West Coast just starting the process?

Comment

• I don't know if this question has been answered before. My apologies if this has been answered before. I recently did my VBT and was not called to do the SI. So, I'm guessing I didn't make the cut. Next time there is an announcement, am I eligible to apply again? If so, do I have to take the written exam again?

Comment

• Anyone got any news on more tsl's being sent out for Florida? Thanks

Comment

• Hey Starhawk07,

Unfortunately if you did not get invited to be interview after the VBT. It does mean that you did not pass. Granted their isn't really a way to know exactly what they are looking for in the VBT review. Your score (correct me if I'm wrong) is good for at least 1 to 2 years. Again I could be wrong on that part.
                      I wish you luck and don't give up!
                      On a side note, I received an email in regards to my medical and did not pass the eye portion of it. I had a feeling that technicality would hinder my chances on moving forward. I am getting PRK done next week and figured if I send an email explaining I'm getting this issue fixed. Perhaps they would reconsider and have me proceed further in the process. All I have left is drug test, background, and poly.
                      If someone with a similar situation as mine could give me some insight on how that went for them. I would greatly appreciate the help I am dreading the possibility to have to reply again. A part of me wouldn't be surprised lol.
                      Anyways, congrats on the rest of you folks who are trucking a long!

Comment

• Lady said my vision wasn't great either, and that id need glasses. Besides the EKG issue that turned out to be bunk, I still got the check mark for medical.
                        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                        02/28/14-TSL Received
                        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                        07/01/14-VBT/SI
                        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by melissa85 View Post
                          Hey Starhawk07,

Unfortunately if you did not get invited to be interview after the VBT. It does mean that you did not pass. Granted their isn't really a way to know exactly what they are looking for in the VBT review. Your score (correct me if I'm wrong) is good for at least 1 to 2 years. Again I could be wrong on that part.
                          On a side note, I received an email in regards to my medical and did not pass the eye portion of it. I had a feeling that technicality would hinder my chances on moving forward. I am getting PRK done next week and figured if I send an email explaining I'm getting this issue fixed. Perhaps they would reconsider and have me proceed further in the process. All I have left is drug test, background, and poly.
                          If someone with a similar situation as mine could give me some insight on how that went for them. I would greatly appreciate the help I am dreading the possibility to have to reply again. A part of me wouldn't be surprised lol.
                          I had PRK done back in 2010. Best thing I ever did.

Comment

Hey Starhawk07,

Assuming CBP PFT1 is the same as the BP PFT1, which it appears to be since I'm taking my CBP PFT1 next week, they will send you a letter and a form advising that you failed the vision portion. The form is for you to take to a vision professional and have a more in depth exam performed. This happened to me for BP back in 2011. The Dr actually found that my vision did meet the requirments and filled out the form showing this. I was cleared and months later I EOD'd as an Agent. I expect to run into the same problem next week. Good luck.
                            Last edited by CZ_Kid; 04-06-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Thank you guys for the feed back. A few months ago they sent me a letter stating that they would like me to get re examined for my vision again. I haven't heard anything about my vision and was invited to do the VBT. I passed it and last week I finally received the news that my vision was no go and have 15 calendar days to dispute it. I'm hoping that an email stating that I'm getting PRK done this week will help me to continue forward. I'm not sure what kind of response I'll receive, hopefully a positive one. It didn't make sense to have me do my VBT/interview before my medical (vision) was determined.

Comment

Thank you guys for the feed back. A few months ago they sent me a letter stating that they would like me to get re examined for my vision again. I haven't heard anything about my vision and was invited to do the VBT. I passed it and last week I finally received the news that my vision was no go and have 15 calendar days to dispute it. I'm hoping that an email stating that I'm getting PRK done this week will help me to continue forward. I'm not sure what kind of response I'll receive, hopefully a positive one. It didn't make sense to have me do my VBT/interview before my medical (vision) was determined.
                                Can't you just get glasses for the time being?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6520 users online. 303 members and 6217 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X