Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Customs and Border Protection will be accepting applications for the position of CBP Officer from May 1-15. Announcement will be cut short if 10,000 applications are received prior to May 15. Applicants will be able to apply nationwide.

Comment

• Any one know or heard of others getting assigned to Orlando with an EOD of May 5th?
      CBPO in Florida

Comment

• So on the video interview are they looking for a cop mentality or a good old friend/customer service as most people refer to this job.

Comment

• cloudbuster, it is hard to say what they are looking for. My personal opinion is that they want to see if you have the basic common sense/ customer service basics down. They can teach you the LE stuff at the academy. But I am sure others might disagree with me.

Comment

• anyone know why they are doing another app period so soon? or is this standard for them

Comment

• Who knows....there are a lot of things done in the Feds that don't make sense!

Comment

• Quick question, in what form does the TSL come in?

Email or written mail by USPS?

I have a certified letter being held at the USPS for me, wondering if it could be this. No idea what else it could be.

Comment

• TSLs come in via email as far as I know. Mine did, twice. Check your spam if anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightinirish99 View Post
                    anyone know why they are doing another app period so soon? or is this standard for them
                    There was an increase in budget for 2015 for an adittional 2,000 cbpos. Roughly about 300+ for JFK. Those in process for JFK, stay positive, it should be any day now. Also dont let people discourage you guys about JFk, its busy but still a great place to work. Its by far the best port to work in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                      TSLs come in via email as far as I know. Mine did, twice. Check your spam if anything.
                      Picked up the letter from USPS, its orientation for a Police Officer position I applied for earlier. I'm pretty pumped for it.

Comment

• Can anyone who went through VBT give me advice in how to prepare for it to successfully proceed to the next step?? Thank you . You can pm. Me also or the advice

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDC applicant View Post
                          Can anyone who went through VBT give me advice in how to prepare for it to successfully proceed to the next step?? Thank you . You can pm. Me also or the advice

Since they make you sign a agreement to not reveal anything, all I will say is this. During the VBT, you just have to be natural with your answers during the video. Whatever you feel is the right answer from street smarts or just basic common sense with what is going on. That is what I did . For the interview with actual people later on I just used my experience in my job as examples for the questions they asked. Made things so much easier.
                          Last edited by jlyanks85; 03-31-2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Well, I received my TSL today via email!!

Im so excited!

I picked West Coast since I had to change from Florida

Comment

• I finally received my TSL today. I had to change from Fl to the east coast but oh well. I wonder when I will get a letter for my physical.

Comment

• Received my check mark for medical! Surprised since I had issues with the EKG. Guess it was a jus ta false positive afterall.
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12961 users online. 490 members and 12471 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X