Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I just got my date for my VBT/SI! A little nervous but I have like 6 weeks to mentally prepare and from what I've read it doesn't seem too bad.

    Are there any other Central/East Coast applicants? I see a lot of Southeast, Southwest, and Northeast on this board. Just looking to see where you're all at in the process or if you're working particularly at JFK, how you like it so far. You can PM me if you don't wish to write it out here.

    Good luck to everyone!
    Civitas Ad Mare
    LBAPD

    CBPO 13-1

    NOR: 9/13
    TSL: 12/18/13
    PFT1/Med: 1/14
    VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
    BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
    Drug test: TBD
    Polygraph: TBD
    PFT2: TBD
    EOD: Hopefully one day!

    FBI Special Agent
    Online App: 8/12/14

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
      There's another medical? Besides the medical/pft1?
      dont know about you but my medical was separate from pft1. Pft1 only did ekg. The medical was for vision, hearing, tb...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
        I just got my date for my VBT/SI! A little nervous but I have like 6 weeks to mentally prepare and from what I've read it doesn't seem too bad.

        Are there any other Central/East Coast applicants? I see a lot of Southeast, Southwest, and Northeast on this board. Just looking to see where you're all at in the process or if you're working particularly at JFK, how you like it so far. You can PM me if you don't wish to write it out here.

        Good luck to everyone!
        I applied for Central east coast as we'll. Hoping for something in NY/NJ tri state area.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
          dont know about you but my medical was separate from pft1. Pft1 only did ekg. The medical was for vision, hearing, tb...

          I just took my pft1 on Monday and had the medical the same day with EKG, vision, hearing.

          Comment


          • Took my medical/pft 1 on 3/21, they did vision, hearing, physical, and ekg. Right after that they administered the pft 1.

            Question: I submitted my E-Qip for Coast Guard Reserve in early March, would CBP be able to use the same E-Qip since Coast Guard is also under Homeland Security? Just wondering if that might help speed things up a little.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
              dont know about you but my medical was separate from pft1. Pft1 only did ekg. The medical was for vision, hearing, tb...
              My Medical was done on the same day as the PFT1.

              Comment


              • just78,

                They'll send you an email inviting you to fill out your E-qip. When you log on all the info from the previous time you filled it out will be there, so all you'd have to do is update and submit.
                I was in a similar case as you (had a TS/SCI) and I don't think it speeds up your process at all to be honest. Unless you have a current clearance with CBP they'll start their own investigation.
                BTW what's your MOS in the USCG? I was thinking of going reserve.

                Comment


                • Thanks for the info, covan7002. As far as USCGR, I'm going in as an MST (marine science technician) rate. With reserves, the rates and billets available are very limited. Within my whole state I only had 2 choices for my rate, MST or YN (yeoman). Works for me though as I'm still able to serve and maintain a full time job/family.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                    West Coast applicants!
                    Received phone call today with the following offers:
                    LAX
                    Long Beach
                    Las Vegas
                    SFO

                    I accepted SFO.
                    PTF 2 - date is unknown
                    EOD pre academy - May 5th
                    Academy - June-October

                    Hope it helps.
                    May I ask, when did you start your process? I started mines in August and have my polygraph in a few weeks. Nervous, but I'm clean in all criminal aspects other than taking a pen worth .50 cents with me from work. I currently am in DHS and hoping to move into cbp. Good job, and congratulations! Hope to follow your steps but in Los Angeles!

                    Comment


                    • Did my VBT at JFK this week... Anyone else? I saw people there but we really didn't have time to say a word to each other besides Hello, Take care, and Good luck...LoL
                      On the job

                      Comment


                      • Hey showmegoing, I have my VBT next week at JFK as well. Central east coast. Do you know if there is parking there?

                        Comment


                        • Yes theres plenty of free parking, Just don't park on the side where all the marked Customs vehicles are... LoL BTW I was driving around the airport for 15 mins trying to find that building, so I called for directions and I was told to just put Eastern Rd, Jamaica NY in my google maps and it took me right there, It worked without an actual number. Good luck!!

                          Originally posted by vicman123 View Post
                          Hey showmegoing, I have my VBT next week at JFK as well. Central east coast. Do you know if there is parking there?
                          On the job

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Show me going View Post
                            Yes theres plenty of free parking, Just don't park on the side where all the marked Customs vehicles are... LoL BTW I was driving around the airport for 15 mins trying to find that building, so I called for directions and I was told to just put Eastern Rd, Jamaica NY in my google maps and it took me right there, It worked without an actual number. Good luck!!

                            Thanks! I'm going to go by to check it out tommorrow! How did you do on your VBT? Also, did you get a check mark on your medical yet? I took mine In Feb as well, but medical is still pending, fitness is checked off!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
                              I just got my date for my VBT/SI! A little nervous but I have like 6 weeks to mentally prepare and from what I've read it doesn't seem too bad.

                              Are there any other Central/East Coast applicants? I see a lot of Southeast, Southwest, and Northeast on this board. Just looking to see where you're all at in the process or if you're working particularly at JFK, how you like it so far. You can PM me if you don't wish to write it out here.

                              Good luck to everyone!
                              Hey, I'm also from the central/east coast I got my VBT next month as well

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by PATEL1990 View Post
                                May I ask, when did you start your process? I started mines in August and have my polygraph in a few weeks. Nervous, but I'm clean in all criminal aspects other than taking a pen worth .50 cents with me from work. I currently am in DHS and hoping to move into cbp. Good job, and congratulations! Hope to follow your steps but in Los Angeles!
                                Started my process back in April of 2012, (original geo was southwest) had my poly in December 2012, first offer received in February 2013. Declined both offers and was told to reapply. Applied again in August of 2013 for west coast. Got contingent offer in November of 2013, had to redo PFT1. and everything else was transferred from previous announcement.

                                In regards to poly... just try to relax and be honest... background investigator will go over the packet that you submitted in equip. Usually at the end of poly SA will tell you how you did, well at least I was told right away that i passed it. Whatever you say do not change your answers, just review/refresh what you put down in that background pocket.
                                Last edited by friscovirus; 03-30-2014, 12:26 AM. Reason: added more info

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5396 users online. 290 members and 5106 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X