Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How intrusive is the CBP poly? Or maybe 'intrusive' is the wrong term. All these posts are starting to make me nervous again. Has anyone here ever taken a poly exam for another agency, and if so, how did it compare to the CBP? I'm just curious if it'll be as difficult as the one I took for the USSS.
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
      Just took my polygraph today and sadly I failed. I have waited years for this job and I am devastated. I never done anything bad in my life and was told today that I was involved in some serious activity, drugs and more. All of the questions that she asked me and on the sf86 I was truthful. I wanted to get everything off my back so that I can relax in the chair. I am so depressed over it and hope that it doesn't mess up my future employment. I hear people on here say that if you change your answer then you fail. What happens when you are told that you fail before you get a chance to explain yourself? Have anyone ever been told that they failed later to find out that they passed because of a test tactic? Can I fight it in any way? Please help.
      Sorry to hear this - I'm in the same boat. I was told I failed, interrogated for 45 minutes for a confession of a "serious offense" that doesn't exist, and sent on my way. I didn't change any of my answers and stuck to all the truthful answers on my sf86 - but the guy didn't seem to believe me. I don't know if it was a tactic or if I actually did fail - just don't know what to think about it. I hope you make it! Keep us posted

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
        How intrusive is the CBP poly? Or maybe 'intrusive' is the wrong term. All these posts are starting to make me nervous again. Has anyone here ever taken a poly exam for another agency, and if so, how did it compare to the CBP? I'm just curious if it'll be as difficult as the one I took for the USSS.
        Mine wasn't "intrusive" in the sense that they asked inappropriate questions about sexual things, etc. Just standard suitability questions. I've never had a poly before this one so i don't have anything to compare it to, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by JS13088 View Post
          Sorry to hear this - I'm in the same boat. I was told I failed, interrogated for 45 minutes for a confession of a "serious offense" that doesn't exist, and sent on my way. I didn't change any of my answers and stuck to all the truthful answers on my sf86 - but the guy didn't seem to believe me. I don't know if it was a tactic or if I actually did fail - just don't know what to think about it. I hope you make it! Keep us posted
          When did you take your test?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
            When did you take your test?
            Last Friday

Comment

• I passed my pft1 today. 40 pushups in 30 seconds. 30 situps in 40 seconds. Lift/Lower test in 19 seconds. 12 touches on the side step test. & I had no issue with the step test. #MovingOn I hope everyone had a great day!
              CBPO 18-11
              Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
              5/04/18: Exam
              5/09/18: NOR
              6/29/18: Fitness Test
              6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
              7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
              7/05/18: Medical Cleared
              7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
              8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
              8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
              8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
              8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
              3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• I got the call yesterday (3/26/14). I live in Florida and applied to the Florida region. I accepted a spot in Orlando and was told it was the last Orlando position. She also offered a position Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

My EOD date is May 5, 2014 and the academy is June 2 - October 6, 2014.

I have been looking over this forum for the past 2 years while processing with CBP and didnt really post anything.

Any one else out there with the same academy dates and/or Orlando duty station?

Good luck to everyone.
                CBPO in Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by CoreyLEO223 View Post
                  I got the call yesterday (3/26/14). I live in Florida and applied to the Florida region. I accepted a spot in Orlando and was told it was the last Orlando position. She also offered a position Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

I have been looking over this forum for the past 2 years while processing with CBP and didnt really post anything.

Good luck to everyone.
                  Congrats on the call!!! I hope to be joining you in Florida someday! Still have a long way to go though.
                  Geo- Florida
                  CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                  NOR- 98 10/25/13
                  Qual- GS 7
                  TSL- 2/28/14
                  PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                  VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                  VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                  BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                  BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                  BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• What score did you get on the written? I have changed my geo twice because the FL region just wouldn't go through for me. I got a 90, which is too low for FL I believe.

I see a few of you have gotten calls within the past few days. I hope I'm next. I already did everything; just waiting on the pft2 and pre-academy call.

Comment

• I just took my pft1 a couple days ago and took the VBT last month and passed. What would be the next phase for me? I would think drug test and background check but I don't know for sure.

Can anyone fill me in how long the background investigation usually takes?

Comment

• Originally posted by CoreyLEO223 View Post
                        I got the call yesterday (3/26/14). I live in Florida and applied to the Florida region. I accepted a spot in Orlando and was told it was the last Orlando position. She also offered a position Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Good luck to everyone.

See you in academy. ))

Comment

• Originally posted by jlyanks85 View Post
                          I just took my pft1 a couple days ago and took the VBT last month and passed. What would be the next phase for me? I would think drug test and background check but I don't know for sure.

Can anyone fill me in how long the background investigation usually takes?
                          Next phase is medical.

Background investigation depends on your background. How many references you listed. How many times you moved. All previous employment. They have to meet in person with all those I just mentioned. It took month and a half for my background to clear.

Comment

• But at the same time they don't go in order. For some next phase could be drug test for some backgrounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                              Next phase is medical.

Background investigation depends on your background. How many references you listed. How many times you moved. All previous employment. They have to meet in person with all those I just mentioned. It took month and a half for my background to clear.
                              There's another medical? Besides the medical/pft1?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                                There's another medical? Besides the medical/pft1?
                                Yeah the PFT2 they give you before you go to Academy.
                                Civitas Ad Mare
                                LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
                                TSL: 12/18/13
                                PFT1/Med: 1/14
                                VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
                                BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
                                Drug test: TBD
                                Polygraph: TBD
                                PFT2: TBD
                                EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
                                Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13538 users online. 441 members and 13097 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X