300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa, so much venom in this thread.

I will say with this position, your mileage will vary greatly.
    Some people love it, some people hate it, and some people are in between somewhere.

Best of luck to all that are in the process.

Comment

• Hey Show me going,
      The VBT isn't so bad in my opinion. I do have to say that it is weird. Without giving out to much information about the VBT. When you do the test analyze what is shown to you and pay attention to detail. Think about morals, integrity , and show confidence. Just respond to the situations like how you would.
      I hope this helps some. Trying not to give stuff away. Wish you luck on the VBT!

Comment

• hey all i've been lurking here for a while but i figured i'd make my first post by now.

I first tested for this position in october 2013. Got a 90 on the NOR a few weeks after I tested. It was a mind-body-tormenting test that took the full 5 hrs. I'm surprised I got a 90 cuz I didnt even get the chance to finish the math portion. I got my TSL in february and just did my physical a few weeks ago. before i say anymore, I want to emphasize how [email protected]#$ing easy the fitness portion was. guys if you cannot pass the step test you really need to get in shape. the step test was the easiest thing in the world. they should consider making it 10 minutes. how in the world are you guys gona run 1.5 miles if you can go up and down for 5 minutes?

okay now that thats outta the way.. Im currently studying criminal justice to earn my bachelors. This should be my first job outta college if all goes well. Does anyone know if human resources can expedite the process of making me a GS-7 if I can graduate with a 4.0? I emailed them and they said I would have to wait a year before I can go from gs5 to gs7 but it seems a little unfair considering the entire process takes over a year and thats how much time I need to finish up school. Anyways, I actually took the plunge and applied for Hawaii... and I got my TSL for it I was so happy. I'm born and raised in the east coast so this will be great moving to hawaii.

Btw does anyone know where experienced CBPO's go if they choose to do something else in LE? I hear a lot of ICE IEA/DO stories.

Good luck all.
        Last edited by shivboy; 03-24-2014, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Grats Shivboy.. I got a 93 on the October exam and havn't gotten a TSL yet

Comment

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
            Grats Shivboy.. I got a 93 on the October exam and havn't gotten a TSL yet
            What region Mango?
            Geo- Florida
            CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
            NOR- 98 10/25/13
            Qual- GS 7
            TSL- 2/28/14
            PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
            VBT/SI- 5/9/14
            VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
            BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
            BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
            BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
              I'll also be an overpaid security guard if it means I can finally buy my holy grail watch-an Omega Seamaster.
              It has paid for my Holy Grail watch - the Casio F-91W.

Comment

• Hahahaha. Thing is, I LOVE mechanical watches; I'm obsessed. I love visiting watch sites and reading up on news, pictures, videos, reviews, etc. I'm amazed at all of those little gears and motors moving in harmony. My priority if I do get this job will be to start investing in my retirement. I'm going to be 32, and I have no money saved. This is why I need this job.

And I wouldn't dare buy a new watch for $4,000. I can find one used for half the price and pay no taxes. That's the smart way to go. And plus, wearing the watch will make me feel like James Bond as a CBP officer.
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Took the fitness test about a hour or so ago. Did around 31 pushups, 30 situps, I didn't count myself for the sidestep and I know for sure I was under 30 seconds for the lift test.

The step test I thought I would have some problems with the cadence of Up Up down down, but it wasn't too bad and got through it without a issue.

Now I just have to wait for the results on whether I passed or not.

Comment

• MJMBFNY:

I can see it right now, you'll never pass probation with your "I know it all attitude."

That's if you get hired...

Comment

• I got a 92 and took the test back in September of last year.

I am in Miami, Fl.

Anyone in this region gotten a TSL?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar6793 View Post
                        I got a 92 and took the test back in September of last year.

I am in Miami, Fl.

Anyone in this region gotten a TSL?

Thanks!
                        I received my TSL for the Florida region at the end of Feb. I believe they said they weren't taking anymore people for Florida and recommended switching regions.
                        Geo- Florida
                        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                        NOR- 98 10/25/13
                        Qual- GS 7
                        TSL- 2/28/14
                        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Just now getting to posting this but after taking my polygraph last Novmber I finally got a email on 2/14/14 saying I failed my polygraph, way to break my heart on valentines day CBP lol. Not gonna get into too much detail but of course it was the "drug" question that I failed. I really opened up and laid everything on the table but all the examiner kept telling me was that I was hiding something. After going back and forth for 15 mins he told me I failed but it was possible that I might retest but it was QC who had the final say. Reading other experiences, I think they ask everyone if they if are willing to re-test, but if they don't tell you, you passed right there, then most likely you failed. But if do you get a chance to re-test its usually set up within a few weeks or so, so if a month goes by and you don't hear anything its not looking good. Again this is just from my experience and other experiences I read on this and other forums

Man was it depressing news but it is was it is. I was told I can reapply in 3 years, but I am not waiting around for that, I just got canvassed and starting the process for the NYS Court Officer. So for those who fail a part of hiring process, just keep your heads up, maybe there is something out there better for you.

Good luck to you guys still in the process

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                            I received my TSL for the Florida region at the end of Feb. I believe they said they weren't taking anymore people for Florida and recommended switching regions.
                            I did receive an email about switching regions. But I didn't respond to the email since I don't want to change it.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                              Just now getting to posting this but after taking my polygraph last Novmber I finally got a email on 2/14/14 saying I failed my polygraph, way to break my heart on valentines day CBP lol. Not gonna get into too much detail but of course it was the "drug" question that I failed. I really opened up and laid everything on the table but all the examiner kept telling me was that I was hiding something. After going back and forth for 15 mins he told me I failed but it was possible that I might retest but it was QC who had the final say. Reading other experiences, I think they ask everyone if they if are willing to re-test, but if they don't tell you, you passed right there, then most likely you failed. But if do you get a chance to re-test its usually set up within a few weeks or so, so if a month goes by and you don't hear anything its not looking good. Again this is just from my experience and other experiences I read on this and other forums

Man was it depressing news but it is was it is. I was told I can reapply in 3 years, but I am not waiting around for that, I just got canvassed and starting the process for the NYS Court Officer. So for those who fail a part of hiring process, just keep your heads up, maybe there is something out there better for you.

Good luck to you guys still in the process
                              Sorry to hear this.. Did you admit to something during the final "interrogation" that you had not previously put on your sf86?

I just took my poly too - the guy who did mine acted like my best friend in the beginning but later accused me of lying on a question and trying to beat his test. No matter how much I professed my honesty and told him I wasn't hiding anything it didn't seem to change his mind. He was respectful, but he just kept coming at me, trying every trick in the book to get me to confess to something, but there was nothing to confess. Nothing I could say would change his mind. I walked out thinking I failed. At the same time, I see some stories on here about people getting treated this way only to find out they passed and it was all just a trick. I am holding onto hope. Has anyone had this happen lately and then found out they were Ok?

Comment

• Took the Medical/Physical this morning. Pretty sure I passed everything. How long did it take you guys to get a confirmation?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6488 users online. 301 members and 6187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X