300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys! My first time posting here.

I took my PFT1 today and it went well. 45 pushups, 35 situps, 17 touches, completed the 50 lb lift test in 10 secs and finished the step test. I threw up immediately after. I am not in the greatest shape of my life, but I have been working out. If I passed, anyone can.

He said he was not going to note that I vomited because it was probably just me being nervous & what I had eaten before (big no no). I'm shrugging it off and going to continue working out hard.

My timeline is as follows:
    9/2013 - written test
    10/2013- NOR, passed, no vet points
    02/2014- TSL 1
    03/2014 - PFT1

Comment

• submitted my eqip last week, just curious for those that have taken the poly what type of stuff do they ask, ive never had to take one before but reading on here and knowing some ppl that have taken them they seem kinda hit or miss even if your totally truthful

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoffs11 View Post
        Well yesterday I had my poly, unfortunately I didn't pass. There was 1 question that kept holding me up, I laid everything out there and told the gentleman all I had to feel guilty about. He made a phone call to the reviewers of the test and they said I may be able to take another one in the near future. If he had administered another test yesterday, I most certainly would have failed again. If I don't get another opportunity, I guess I can feel good with myself that I told the truth about everything and spilled my beans, but disappointed at the same time. I know people hate this test and how much weight it carries, but it's their policy, so we have to live with the results of it.
        Thank you for your contributions. Best of luck on future endeavors.
        Geo: SWB
        CBPO Exam: 10.31.13
        NOR: 93% - 11.04.13
        TSL: 03.04.14
        Med/PFT1: 03.14.14
        VBT/SI: 05.19.14

Comment

• Any idea for the next CBP officer anouncement? 2014?

Comment

• Originally posted by LinasK View Post
            Any idea for the next CBP officer anouncement? 2014?
            I think the rumors are that it will be in May.

Comment

• Had medical today, step test was no joke. 5 mins straight, up up down down. I was exhausted afterwards.
              "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                EDIT-Cancel. Figured it out.

Good luck, NYMARSHALL.
                Thank You.

Comment

• My Fitness test went well. Got there 2pm. The place was packed. Got out of there at 6pm. 48 push-ups. 45 situps. 15 sideSteps and I did the lift thing in 28second, 8reps. The up up down down step thing almost got me. But I Did it. Passed all of them. Now let's wait for the final result.

Comment

• I thought the step test was easy. Nobody else was there. Took 1.5 hours, so I was lucky.

I'm hoping I receive an email soon in regards to whether I passed the med or not. If I don't hear anything back after next week, I'll email them for an update.
                    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                    02/28/14-TSL Received
                    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                    07/01/14-VBT/SI
                    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Hope all is well, This is my first time posting on here, Im from NYC, I took the exam back in Oct 2013, did the fitness test back in Feb and going for my VBT this week, Just wondering if i can get some info on what to expect. Any info is on this part is appreciated... Thanks in advance and hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
                      On the job

Comment

• Who wants to be a glorified security guard? Who wants to work for a poorly run agency? Who wants to stamp passports for up to 16 hours a day? Who wants to work for officers and management who are just there for a paycheck and can care less about officer safety or being an LEO?

If you answered yes to those questions, you are ready to be a CBPO.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                          Who wants to be a glorified security guard? Who wants to work for a poorly run agency? Who wants to stamp passports for up to 16 hours a day? Who wants to work for officers and management who are just there for a paycheck and can care less about officer safety or being an LEO?

If you answered yes to those questions, you are ready to be a CBPO.
                          Hangman,

If you're so disgruntled and unhappy with your career choice, why are you still working for DHS? Quite sure it's a "at will employment" agency last time I checked. You come on this forum and constantly complain about how awful your job is. QUIT! Do us all a favor.

Here are some facts, every job no matter what you do has its pros and cons. The old but true saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side" is something you should think about.

Additionally, I would love to be an overpaid security guard stamping passports with the ability to retire in 20 years. Oh and one more thing, pretty sure we're all going to work for a paycheck!

Comment

• I'll also be an overpaid security guard if it means I can finally buy my holy grail watch-an Omega Seamaster.
                            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                            02/28/14-TSL Received
                            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                            07/01/14-VBT/SI
                            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                            07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• [QUOTE=MJMBFNY;3437371]Hangman,

If you're so disgruntled and unhappy with your career choice, why are you still working for DHS? Quite sure it's a "at will employment" agency last time I checked. You come on this forum and constantly complain about how awful your job is. QUIT! Do us all a favor.

Here are some facts, every job no matter what you do has its pros and cons. The old but true saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side" is something you should think about.

You're not even a CBPO, so you shouldn't even reply to my post. Once you get hired on, pass the academy, pass FTO, and pass probation, then you can comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post

You're not even a CBPO, so you shouldn't even reply to my post. Once you get hired on, pass the academy, pass FTO, and pass probation, then you can comment.
                                Yes sir!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you asking a question to people who wanted to be a CBPO? You said, and I quote, "who wants to be a glorified security guard?" "Who wants to work for a poorly run agency?" Etc.....

That to me, would imply you were asking a question to people who were currently NOT an CBPO. So like I asked you the first time, why haven't you quit yet if it's so bad? You think you're the first person who hates the company or agency they work for? You think any one specific company is ran perfectly?

A person like yourself really needs to see how green the grass is on the other side. I'm confident that if you were actually brave enough, you would quit your so called miserable job and find another job just so you can experience the greener grass.

Finally, I'd like to educate you about one more topic. Personal accountability. Go to your local book store and look for a book called: QBQ The question behind the question. This book will teach you about "personal accountability" and how to stop being such a victim in work and life.

I may not be CBPO, however, I'm capable of identifying someone who may need some help! After reading this, you may not like what I have to say, and that's okay, but one day you'll think back and thank me.

Best of luck, Sir!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10192 users online. 375 members and 9817 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X