Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are TO's sent using the standard US mail system, or are they sent priority mail or Fedx?

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
      ...Next Vacancy Announcement for CBPO is October 6, 2008.

Sorry, no details.

FOR CUJEN...Reapply this next vacancy and hopefully, by this time you take the VBT again, it will be a year. I failed the VBT also first time around. Second time said exactly the same things and passed. I did not ask for an explaination because it's best not to ruffle the Ports practices...if you know what I mean. Advise: Suck it up and do it again.
      Hi, this question is for current cbpos (or anyone that may know the answer to it).

I spoke with a HR rep at the port near my house about the new fiscal year's employee expansion plan and she told me that the nuclear detection portal initiative from the president does call for an increase of man power around the country, but she doesn't know when or where it will occur. She added that they will have a meeting to discuss this, but in a few weeks from now.

Did any current cbpos hear anything about this at your ports?
      "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• shawal16 looks like we might be getting hired the same time. Our time lines are similar, and our credit report was pulled the same day. However, I am applying for San Fransisco area.

Comment

• Originally posted by HellaHandsome View Post
          Hi all. Been lurkin for a bit and finally decided to sign up. I tested out August 13th for the San diego port. Got my NOR a few weeks later with a 90 ranking.

My question is when the port decides to hire more people, will someone like myself with a 90 ranking be taken over someone who has tested before me but is at the same point. Not to say that I want to go ahead of someone who did the work but didnt get a higher score, but I want a little bit better understanding of how this whole thing works...
          I recently spoke with the Minneanapolis hiring center and asked the same question. They said that they will always pick the candidate with the higher score, regardless of when he or she took the exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            Yes, but the point of the discussion was there are 3 boxes that can be checked on the NOPA, i believe: Criminal conduct, Drug use, Mission critical conduct. we were trying to clarify what falls under what for someone who asked.
            Yes, and my point is that anything that is directly against the mission would be mission critical, certain criminal histories, drug use, or immigration violations by you or a friend, associate, or relative...

Comment

• Originally posted by boguesm View Post
              I recently spoke with the Minneanapolis hiring center and asked the same question. They said that they will always pick the candidate with the higher score, regardless of when he or she took the exam.
              How does that work? Do they have a list of people for each Geo preference that they keep in order by score regardless of when they tested. Meaning that someone could score a 90 very recent and be place ahead of someone that scored an 85 like a year earlier?
              ICE SA
              FLETC - MAY 10th Class

Comment

• Originally posted by juststartedthis View Post
                How does that work? Do they have a list of people for each Geo preference that they keep in order by score regardless of when they tested. Meaning that someone could score a 90 very recent and be place ahead of someone that scored an 85 like a year earlier?
                Personally I always thought that the written NOR was just a way of organizing how to send out the offers per locations. I was always under the impression that after that, it's whoever gets all their ducks lined up first and gets sent to TSU. I guess I'm wrong though.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                  Hi, this question is for current cbpos (or anyone that may know the answer to it).

I spoke with a HR rep at the port near my house about the new fiscal year's employee expansion plan and she told me that the nuclear detection portal initiative from the president does call for an increase of man power around the country, but she doesn't know when or where it will occur. She added that they will have a meeting to discuss this, but in a few weeks from now.

Did any current cbpos hear anything about this at your ports?
                  Yes it is true, however I don't know how much this will effect hiring.
                  Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                    Personally I always thought that the written NOR was just a way of organizing how to send out the offers per locations. I was always under the impression that after that, it's whoever gets all their ducks lined up first and gets sent to TSU. I guess I'm wrong though.
                    I was told that a persons score was only relevant when it comes to who recieves their tos first, after that they become insignificant. Correct me if I'm wrong...
                    "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• TO's in regular mail, pre-employment forms, medical and physical stuff FEDEX next day.

Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                      are TO's sent using the standard US mail system, or are they sent priority mail or Fedx?
                      TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                      NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                      QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                      GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                      PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                      MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                      FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                      VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                      DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                      BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                        I was told that a persons score was only relevant when it comes to who recieves their tos first, after that they become insignificant. Correct me if I'm wrong...
                        That was exactly what I was trying to say. I think you might have said it better.

Comment

• EDIT: double post
                          Last edited by sap123; 09-26-2008, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguesm View Post
                            After you receive TO your score is no longer important or used to rank you. The person who has been in TSU the longest for a specific port will be called first.

Comment

• I graduate in college in December. I just showed up in CASS and probably will be getting a TO. Will the fact that I don't graduate for a few months affect the process? Or do you guys think that I should be alright?
                              Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
                                I graduate in college in December. I just showed up in CASS and probably will be getting a TO. Will the fact that I don't graduate for a few months affect the process? Or do you guys think that I should be alright?
                                Thanks
                                You're fine as long as you will be able to complete the VBT and Med/Fitness in between classes. I highly doubt you will complete everything by Dec.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9844 users online. 290 members and 9554 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X