Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So does the med/PFT1 really take 2.5-3 hours long? I'm taking mine tomorrow.

Also, can I arrive wearing my gym clothes or do I need to wear something business-casual for the med?

Thanks
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
      So does the med/PFT1 really take 2.5-3 hours long? I'm taking mine tomorrow.

Also, can I arrive wearing my gym clothes or do I need to wear something business-casual for the med?

Thanks
      Gym clothes are fine, your going to a medical facility. There won't be anyone there from Customs to meet you.
      Tests taken:
      Erie County Sheriff
      Erie County Police
      Catt County Sheriff
      Catt County Police
      NYS Park Patrol Officer Trainee
      score:85 rank:7xx
      NYS Correction Officer score:80 rank:26xx
      NYS Police score:97.xx rank:64xx
      CBP

Comment

So does the med/PFT1 really take 2.5-3 hours long? I'm taking mine tomorrow.

Thanks
        Where you taking your PFT1? Orlando? mine took 1.5 hours I was out of there pretty quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
          Hey I go next week just wanted to clarify about the 3 mins. Do you for example do pushups rest 3 mins then situps then another 3 mins break? Etc or the only 3 mins break is at the end before the step test?
          I didn't get any 3 min rest!! I started with pushups finish that and went right to the next one...did all of them one after another...If you do exercise once in awhile you'll be fine!

Comment

• I have one more question: if I'm not sure on a few of the medical questions in the packet, can I go over them and fill them in when I see the doc?

Edit also should I enter my name, applicant I'd, and date at the top of each page or wait until i go to the facility?

Thanks
            Last edited by cur679; 03-17-2014, 09:11 PM.
            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
            02/28/14-TSL Received
            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
            07/01/14-VBT/SI
            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

I have one more question: if I'm not sure on a few of the medical questions in the packet, can I go over them and fill them in when I see the doc?

Edit also should I enter my name, applicant I'd, and date at the top of each page or wait until i go to the facility?

Thanks
              You can go over a few questions with the doc, and yes print your name, id and date on every page prior to getting there...

Comment

• Passed it. 50 pushups, 15 side steps, 33 situps. My vision was ho hum. Can't believe just a few years ago I had 20/20 uncorrected. Now one of my eyes is weak and has blurry vision. Hell I took my vision test in August to get my DL renewed, and my vision was good.

also, they couldn't get a good read on my ekg. They said my chest is too big, and it was difficult; did it four times. They said it could be a false postive, but HQ will decide whether I need to see a cardiologist. Shocked me because I'm healthy and have had no chest problems.

other than that I'll need glasses
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

Passed it. 50 pushups, 15 side steps, 33 situps. My vision was ho hum. Can't believe just a few years ago I had 20/20 uncorrected. Now one of my eyes is weak and has blurry vision. Hell I took my vision test in August to get my DL renewed, and my vision was good.

also, they couldn't get a good read on my ekg. They said my chest is too big, and it was difficult; did it four times. They said it could be a false postive, but HQ will decide whether I need to see a cardiologist. Shocked me because I'm healthy and have had no chest problems.

Congrats! Did they give you breaks after 1 workout? If so for how long

Comment

• It was about three minutes. They play a tape from start to finish.
                    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                    02/28/14-TSL Received
                    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                    07/01/14-VBT/SI
                    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

• Originally posted by friscovirus View Post
                      Anyone with West coast GEO received any offers recently? (if yes, what were the offers)
                      Been referred to scheduling unit on 2/06/14 yet no call.
                      Previous announcement my GEO was southwest and received that phone call week after being referred to scheduling unit.
                      I submitted my equip in march 2013 and I still haven't heard anything im from the west coast. how long did it take you

Comment

• CASS says " file in security office "

It has been like this since last year march 2013 . No one has contacted me. Anybody know how long this thing takes????

Comment

Passed it. 50 pushups, 15 side steps, 33 situps. My vision was ho hum. Can't believe just a few years ago I had 20/20 uncorrected. Now one of my eyes is weak and has blurry vision. Hell I took my vision test in August to get my DL renewed, and my vision was good.

How did they count your side steps and how far apart were the lines? 15 seems pretty high
                          Geo- Florida
                          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                          NOR- 98 10/25/13
                          Qual- GS 7
                          TSL- 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• All three lines were counted. Not sure the distance. Seemed 6ft apart. I do have long legs, so my strides were long. I practically jump over the lines, lol.

Would anyone have any ideas as to why the ekg couldn't pick up on my right chest? I'm very lean and it decent shape, and I do have a big chest, but I can't be the only applicant that went through this. I'm really hoping its a false positive.
                            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                            02/28/14-TSL Received
                            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                            07/01/14-VBT/SI
                            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

All three lines were counted. Not sure the distance. Seemed 6ft apart. I do have long legs, so my strides were long. I practically jump over the lines, lol.

Would anyone have any ideas as to why the ekg couldn't pick up on my right chest? I'm very lean and it decent shape, and I do have a big chest, but I can't be the only applicant that went through this. I'm really hoping its a false positive.
                              All 3 lines were counted? no wonder my number was lower. My administrator only counted outside line touches. Oh well I still had more than enough.
                              Geo- Florida
                              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                              NOR- 98 10/25/13
                              Qual- GS 7
                              TSL- 2/28/14
                              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• I'm honestly thinking on whether I should get a second opinion on my vision. Maybe try and find someplace that gives free eye exams. I find it odd that just last August when I got my DL my vision was 20/20 uncorrected. I could even read some of the 20/15 letters, too. Now all of a sudden I can't even read 20/20 line.
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5544 users online. 333 members and 5211 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X