300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://nemo.cbp.gov/obp/narrated.mp3

Anybody knows if its really that quick the step test like in this narration?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
      http://nemo.cbp.gov/obp/narrated.mp3

Anybody knows if its really that quick the step test like in this narration?
      Yes, I would agree with recording, I've done two of the step tests. One for bp and one for customs. It sounds fast, but if your cardio is decent and you have pretty good eye hand coordination or I should say eye foot..... You'll be fine. Once the recording starts, just take the beat and keep it in your head. Up up down down up up ....... You'll get a pattern going and be all set. If you really want, you can go to your local gym and practice. Won't hurt. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soup View Post
        hmmm. could they be counting wrong? did you do yours on transit rd in depew????
        I took mine in Cheektowaga on Genesee street. What's your current status?

I'm pretty sure they counted the center line as a touch for me.
        Last edited by MJMBFNY; 03-16-2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• i deleted my post because i accidentally double posted and it wouldn't let me delete it.
          Last edited by joshk24; 03-16-2014, 06:24 PM.
          Geo- Florida
          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
          NOR- 98 10/25/13
          Qual- GS 7
          TSL- 2/28/14
          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by MJMBFNY View Post
            I took mine in Cheektowaga on Genesee street. What's your current status?

I'm pretty sure they counted the center line as a touch for me.
            They counted the center line as a touch on the side step test? I got screwed then if that is the case. My administrator only counted the outside lines as a touch and I think he shorted me one.
            Geo- Florida
            CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
            NOR- 98 10/25/13
            Qual- GS 7
            TSL- 2/28/14
            PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
            VBT/SI- 5/9/14
            VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
              2.5 year wait? What the hell? I hope that isn't the case for everyone. I'm going to be 32 in June, and I'm getting tired of making no money in retail. I guess I better start looking into highway patrol or something. Cbp is the only federal job I've actually been progressing since usss ud a couple years ago. Every other federal job I've never been referred. This sucks.
              If I were you, I would forget about CBP. It has to be the most mind numbing job ever. On top of that you get little respect from travelers and other agencies.

In the long run, you will be happier with a highway patrol or local LE agency.

Heed my warning! I work for the agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel2302 View Post
                I have my medical next week 3/21. Any pointers?
                Just keep on pushing! It's easier than what most make it out to be. The push ups, sit ups, side step and lift lower is super easy, especially if you pace yourself in regards to the push ups and sit ups. The step test could be your enemy if you have a tough time keeping tempo or are extremely out of shape (like moo moo out of shape) what I did was, I kept my arms moving to the up up down down cadence and pushed through. Don't worry, you'll be fine! Go kill it, there much waiting to do on the other side

Comment

• Anyone with West coast GEO received any offers recently? (if yes, what were the offers)
                  Been referred to scheduling unit on 2/06/14 yet no call.
                  Previous announcement my GEO was southwest and received that phone call week after being referred to scheduling unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                    3 mins
                    Hey I go next week just wanted to clarify about the 3 mins. Do you for example do pushups rest 3 mins then situps then another 3 mins break? Etc or the only 3 mins break is at the end before the step test?

Comment

Hey I go next week just wanted to clarify about the 3 mins. Do you for example do pushups rest 3 mins then situps then another 3 mins break? Etc or the only 3 mins break is at the end before the step test?
                      You get 3 mins between each. So push ups, 3 mins, side step, 3 mins, etc. It follows a CD from start to finish.
                      Geo- Florida
                      CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                      NOR- 98 10/25/13
                      Qual- GS 7
                      TSL- 2/28/14
                      PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                      VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                      VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                        You get 3 mins between each. So push ups, 3 mins, side step, 3 mins, etc. It follows a CD from start to finish.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Thanks!
                          You should have no problem passing it. You will probably do better than anytime if you have practiced it.
                          Geo- Florida
                          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                          NOR- 98 10/25/13
                          Qual- GS 7
                          TSL- 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14

Comment

Frank, let us know how you do. What day next week is your pft1 ? Good luck on everything!
                            Last edited by MJMBFNY; 03-17-2014, 02:44 PM. Reason: add question

Comment

• I have my medical (Fitness test) this Friday. My general question is What to wear?
                              Comfort clothes? No business attire?

Comment

• Regarding the exercises; Practice makes excellence. I have been practicing and I pretty sure anyone can pass that test if they do the same before taking it.

Never give up, stay positive and always keep your heads up. Good Luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4710 users online. 224 members and 4486 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X