300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
    No have not received any response yet. It has been over 5 weeks already with no info or updates. You know what they say no news is good news. Hopefully everything goes well and I'll get the letter or a phone call soon.
    Thank you for asking.

Nopa means notice of proposed action. It's a letter you receive during the process when they see you unsuitable for the job but give you a chance to explain your side of the story. If you respond with a good letter that has strong points as to why your a good candidate they accept your letter and let you continue in the process.

Example of a nopa offense can range from recent drug use to to many speeding tickets in the last 3 years.

You can receive nopa for many different reasons.
    Yeah, reason I ask is because I received a NOPA as well. I never heard back after I submitted it either. After I submitted mine, I received an email scheduling my VBT & SI. So I'm assuming mine was hopefully sufficient. I notice you have "pending" next to your Poly, did they not tell you if you passed after you took it? Or I'm guessing they gave you the line, "we have to submit your results to MHC and you will be notified...."

Comment

• Originally posted by MJMBFNY View Post
      Yeah, reason I ask is because I received a NOPA as well. I never heard back after I submitted it either. After I submitted mine, I received an email scheduling my VBT & SI. So I'm assuming mine was hopefully sufficient. I notice you have "pending" next to your Poly, did they not tell you if you passed after you took it? Or I'm guessing they gave you the line, "we have to submit your results to MHC and you will be notified...."
      From my understanding my nopa was based on the polygraph and background info. E-Qip only ask for information based on a number of years back (If I remember correctly it is 10 year history) but when you get questioned at the polygraph exam they go beyond the 10 year history. I gave him all information that was 12 and 14 years old that was not on my E-Qip. That's why I got my nopa letter. To explain why I didn't put it on my E-Qip form. I also had to write about a termination I had on a job. Pretty much straight forward information nothing serious like drugs or criminal activities.

As for the poly I got the line that AI will make the final determination if I get a retest. The polygraph examiner never got angry at me or acted inappropriate with me. Once I left the office I felt that I was good to go then I received my nopa. One thing he didn't say to me was that I failed the polygraph.
      Last edited by Shorttie; 03-13-2014, 11:23 PM.
      Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
      first choice: Florida region
      second choice: Puerto Rico
      Test-8/21/11
      NOR-3/23/12
      Test Management Application-8/16/12
      TSL-2/25/13
      PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
      Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
      B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
      V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
      S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
      Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
      PFT 2-
      The Call-
      E.O.D-

Comment

• howdy all yall. the class i'm in graduates soon from fletc. we heard about fical year 2015 about the plan to hire 4000 trainees...insane!

any reasonable questions, you can email me [email protected]
        tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
        NOR-11/11
        TSL- 11/17/11
        pft1- 12/8/11
        Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
        Qual- completed 3/12
        Medical Ex- completed 4/12
        S I-completed 3/12
        Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
        Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
        Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
        Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
        new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by MJMBFNY View Post
          Good luck on your poly, when did you take your VBT & SI ? Also, I see your from WNY, where did you put down for your geo preference ?
          My preference area was Buffalo, NY, then they switched to geo-area's...so then I chose North East. I took the VBT and SI last year, probably February.
          Tests taken:
          Erie County Sheriff
          Erie County Police
          Catt County Sheriff
          Catt County Police
          NYS Park Patrol Officer Trainee
          score:85 rank:7xx
          NYS Correction Officer score:80 rank:26xx
          NYS Police score:97.xx rank:64xx
          CBP

Comment

• Hello everybody,

First time posting here. I received my TSL the end of January for CBP and got a call a week or so later to schedule my fitness/medical test. I was able to get a extension until this month. I took the VBT/SI Feb 26th and ended up passing that phase.

MHS called a couple days ago to schedule my fitness/medical test and made appointment for March 24th. I chose Central East Coast to work in if I ever made it through the entire process.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlyanks85 View Post
              Hello everybody,

First time posting here. I received my TSL the end of January for CBP and got a call a week or so later to schedule my fitness/medical test. I was able to get a extension until this month. I took the VBT/SI Feb 26th and ended up passing that phase.

MHS called a couple days ago to schedule my fitness/medical test and made appointment for March 24th. I chose Central East Coast to work in if I ever made it through the entire process.
              Welcome, good luck with your pft. Did mine today, no problemo.
              Geo: SWB
              CBPO Exam: 10.31.13
              NOR: 93% - 11.04.13
              TSL: 03.04.14
              Med/PFT1: 03.14.14
              VBT/SI: 05.19.14

Comment

• This may sound like a dumb question, but is there a big difference between someone holding down your feet while doing situps and doing situps with no help? It's so much harder doing situps without anyone holding my feet down at the gym, but when I'm at home and I place my feet under the couch to hold me down it's so much easier.

Thanks
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                  This may sound like a dumb question, but is there a big difference between someone holding down your feet while doing situps and doing situps with no help? It's so much harder doing situps without anyone holding my feet down at the gym, but when I'm at home and I place my feet under the couch to hold me down it's so much easier.

Thanks
                  In my opinion, not really. The lady who held my feet just stood on my shoes and it was pretty stable with her doing that. I actually did more sit ups for my test than I normally do at the gym. But I wouldn't over think that part of the process, you'll be fine.

Hope that helps. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by tezsky View Post
                    I have not taken my PFT2 yet. I took my drug test yesterday and they called me today with a job offer. I will take my PFT2 between February 28th and March 7th.
                    Did you take your pft2 yet ? If so, how did you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by eps071206 View Post
                      Good luck, the average waiting time for backgroud right now is 2+ years. I just passed the 2.5 year mark and finally got called for my poly and I had a NOR of 90
                      What's your status? Did you pass the polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                        This may sound like a dumb question, but is there a big difference between someone holding down your feet while doing situps and doing situps with no help? It's so much harder doing situps without anyone holding my feet down at the gym, but when I'm at home and I place my feet under the couch to hold me down it's so much easier.

Thanks
                        For me someone holding down your feet makes situps a lot easier.

Comment

• Si/ vbt

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I applied for CBPO in August 2013, and took the test on 9/9/2013. I received my NOR in October, and have completed all the paperwork. The PFT1 wasn't so difficult, the step test was a pain the butt, but that was just me. I just started my BI, and was contacted yesterday at work by the SA/IA for CBP, but was unable to pick up. First off, I thought OPM was the investigating agency! Secondly, I have an active clearance with DHS, would that help me in anyway? One major thing I've noticed is, that many people are getting called in for their SI, and VBT. I've yet to be contacted for that step, has anyone run into that issue yet?

It looks like the process is sailing on for many people, which is good. Hopefully by next year this process will be over, and we'll be at FLETC.

Comment

• 2.5 year wait? What the hell? I hope that isn't the case for everyone. I'm going to be 32 in June, and I'm getting tired of making no money in retail. I guess I better start looking into highway patrol or something. Cbp is the only federal job I've actually been progressing since usss ud a couple years ago. Every other federal job I've never been referred. This sucks.
                            Last edited by cur679; 03-15-2014, 06:55 PM.
                            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                            02/28/14-TSL Received
                            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                            07/01/14-VBT/SI
                            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                            07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                              howdy all yall. the class i'm in graduates soon from fletc. we heard about fical year 2015 about the plan to hire 4000 trainees...insane!

any reasonable questions, you can email me [email protected]
                              4000 trainees holy crap that's a ton! Well, if I get past this insanely long process, then hopefully I'll be apart of the 4000 or so. Can you give us a little preview on what the academy has in store for us?

Comment

• I have my medical next week 3/21. Any pointers?
                                "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10884 users online. 393 members and 10491 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X