300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practiced at the gym today.

Did 40 pushups in 40 seconds-that 4 inch block makes pushups very easy since you're not going all the way down. Side step did 12 in 9 seconds. Lift/lower I did it in 25 seconds, and the step test I did twice. Situps I should crunch 30.

This test is going to be easy.
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by john_joyce View Post
      When did you receive the E-Qip/fingerprints? I passed VBT/SI and took Medical/Pft1 at end of December (though still waiting on checkmark for medical)
      I received it a few days after my VBT. I would email them if your medical still hasn't been checked. They should have contacted you if something wasn't 100%.
      Geo: SWB
      CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
      NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
      TSL - 01/31/14
      Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
      VBT/SI - 02/28/14
      BI - 03/15/14
      Poly - 04/30/14
      BI Cleared - 06/24/14
      Drug Test - 06/26/14
      The Call - 06/26/14
      PFT 2 - 07/11/14
      EOD - 07/14/14
      Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Ok thank you. mrs. Officer
        CBPO
        SWB, Rio Grande Valley, Texas
        Re-Applied: 08/2013
        Written: 12/10/2010 Springfield, IL.
        NOR: 01/25/2011 (84 No. Vet.)
        Qual:?
        PreForms: ?
        PFT1: ?
        BI: In the security Office
        Med: 07/2011- Complete
        Drug:?
        VBT/SI: 10/07/2011 Chicago, IL. Complete
        PFT2:?
        EOD & FLETC: ?

Comment

• On CASS, does the BI always say in the security office or after they started the investigation?
          CBPO
          SWB, Rio Grande Valley, Texas
          Re-Applied: 08/2013
          Written: 12/10/2010 Springfield, IL.
          NOR: 01/25/2011 (84 No. Vet.)
          Qual:?
          PreForms: ?
          PFT1: ?
          BI: In the security Office
          Med: 07/2011- Complete
          Drug:?
          VBT/SI: 10/07/2011 Chicago, IL. Complete
          PFT2:?
          EOD & FLETC: ?

Comment

• Good luck on your poly, when did you take your VBT & SI ? Also, I see your from WNY, where did you put down for your geo preference ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoffs11 View Post
              Scheduled my poly today....
              Good luck on your poly, when did you take your VBT & SI ? Also, I see your from WNY, where did you put down for your geo preference ?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                For those who done the PFT1 how long between pushups, situps, etc do you get to rest?
                I believe it was three minutes, which you really don't need. But I took all three minutes just to be on the safe side.

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                  Thanks for the reply, frank. As I've said, I think we have a better shot for the northeast region with many vacancies in the buffalo sector.

I was starting to feel optimistic since the other poster received his tsl. Either way, I'm going to apply for highway patrol this summer, but I really want this cbp job.
                  Hi there, I noticed you said "many vacancies in the buffalo sector"..... where did you get this information from? Just wondering as I'm from Buffalo and selected Northeast and am really hoping I get a call for Buffalo. Just took my VBT & SI on Monday, also, due to my previous application with BP, I already took my Poly and passed. So I'm assuming I should be hearing from the BI investigator at some point soon.

Thanks

Comment

• I believe I posted the wrong link. Another poster updated us with the actual hiring needs/locations.
                    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                    02/28/14-TSL Received
                    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                    07/01/14-VBT/SI
                    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Regarding the buffalo vacancies, there was an article in the news a few weeks ago about NY senator Chuck Schumer I believe, who was pushing for increase of CBP presenence in Buffalo and Canadian border/ Niagara Falls so I think CBP is reacting to that demand. I wouldn't read too much into it, because government works in mysterious ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                        Well fellas I received my nopa on January 18, 2014 and already sent in my response to it. I'm keeping my fingers cross and praying that this goes well for me. Hopefully I will receive good news and I continue with the hiring process. If I don't then it was fun helping you guys out with what ever information I could have given you. It was also fun participating in this process. I learn so much from others on this forum that I can't thank enough for the info.

For those of you in the process stick it out to the end and fight all the way. You never know what could happen if you put your best foot forward. If anyone has any question that I can help with please feel free to ask. Beside that have fun and good luck!
                        Did you hear back about your NOPA yet?

Comment

• What does NOPA mean? I have heard this before.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJMBFNY View Post
                            Did you hear back about your NOPA yet?
                            No have not received any response yet. It has been over 5 weeks already with no info or updates. You know what they say no news is good news. Hopefully everything goes well and I'll get the letter or a phone call soon.
                            Thank you for asking.

Nopa means notice of proposed action. It's a letter you receive during the process when they see you unsuitable for the job but give you a chance to explain your side of the story. If you respond with a good letter that has strong points as to why your a good candidate they accept your letter and let you continue in the process.

Example of a nopa offense can range from recent drug use to to many speeding tickets in the last 3 years.

You can receive nopa for many different reasons.
                            Last edited by Shorttie; 03-13-2014, 08:08 PM.
                            Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                            first choice: Florida region
                            second choice: Puerto Rico
                            Test-8/21/11
                            NOR-3/23/12
                            Test Management Application-8/16/12
                            TSL-2/25/13
                            PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                            Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                            B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                            V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                            S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                            Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                            PFT 2-
                            The Call-
                            E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                              No have not received any response yet. It has been over 5 weeks already with no info or updates. You know what they say no news is good news. Hopefully everything goes well and I'll get the letter or a phone call soon.
                              Thank you for asking.

Nopa means notice of proposed action. It's a letter you receive during the process when they see you unsuitable for the job but give you a chance to explain your side of the story. If you respond with a good letter that has strong points as to why your a good candidate they accept your letter and let you continue in the process.

Example of a nopa offense can range from recent drug use to to many speeding tickets in the last 3 years.

You can receive nopa for many different reasons.
                              Thanks for the response. Good luck!

Comment

• Got the call to schedule medical last night. Got through today. It was either the end of the month or tomorrow. Chose tomorrow. Keep ya'll posted.
                                Geo: SWB
                                CBPO Exam: 10.31.13
                                NOR: 93% - 11.04.13
                                TSL: 03.04.14
                                Med/PFT1: 03.14.14
                                VBT/SI: 05.19.14

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13012 users online. 450 members and 12562 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X