300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
    You couldn't pass the PFT1? What happened?
    I was really sick and decided to take it anyway. Maxed out the first part, but about four minutes into the step test I nearly blacked out and fell over. They wouldn't let me try again.

It really angers me because it is an easy test that I can complete no problem any other day.

Comment

• How is the step test and how is done? Also how long do u have to go for? I have schedule that. I took the vbt/si and they said I got a perfect score. Helps to already be a LE I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        If this is correct, I'm thinking they were referring to Border Patrol Agents. This is a common mistake when referring to one or the other for those who don't know better. And the reason I say this is because the article states "4,000 additional CBP Officers to reach a historic 25,775 officers. According to wiki, there are 45,741 sworn Officers. Which obviously surpasses the 25,775 officers that the article is referring to. But searching Border Patrol, you'll see that there are approximately 21,000 Agents making that article a bit more feasible.
        They are referring to CBP Officers. The current staffing number for CBPOs is 21,775.
        That Wiki number must refer to all sworn LEOs with in CBP, to include CBPOs, BPAs, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double A 8028 View Post
          How is the step test and how is done? Also how long do u have to go for? I have schedule that. I took the vbt/si and they said I got a perfect score. Helps to already be a LE I guess.
          12 inch step, pace of 120 bpm. Up up, down down, for five minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            They are referring to CBP Officers. The current staffing number for CBPOs is 21,775.
            That Wiki number must refer to all sworn LEOs with in CBP, to include CBPOs, BPAs, etc.
            Good news then if it happens. Sure it will make a lot of people here happy.

Comment

• What lE are you coming from?

Comment

How is the step test and how is done? Also how long do u have to go for? I have schedule that. I took the vbt/si and they said I got a perfect score. Helps to already be a LE I guess.
                What lE are you coming from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodbugger View Post
                  12 inch step, pace of 120 bpm. Up up, down down, for five minutes.
                  Isn't it 14 inches?

My gym has a 12 inch platform, and I decided to try out the step test. It was easy, and this is coming from someone who hasn't done cardio in quite some time. My left quad did tighten up, and I can still feel it from Wednesday, but that's because I never do a movement like that when I'm working out my legs. My leg day consists of many sets of squats followed by standing push presses. All I have to do is stretch my quads and hammies, and do the step test a few more times, and I'll be set.
                  CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                  02/28/14-TSL Received
                  03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                  07/01/14-VBT/SI
                  07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                  07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• LE you mean? Local police. One of the sups kept telling me " you know this isn't police work". He was a retired detective

Comment

• But he wasn't being rude about it.

Comment

I can't find the audio link but there is or was one that I used for BP to practice. It was the exact 5 minute long cadence used at the testing facilities. I played it from my PC and set my iphone to record while holding it to the speakers. Once recorded and in my best Richard Simmons outfit, I used my iphone at my local gym that had the aerobic platforms to practice. It's really not difficult at all. I only practiced a few times to make sure I had a good rhythm so to not fall into a trance at minute 4.5 and foul everything up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                          Good news then if it happens. Sure it will make a lot of people here happy.
                          The $$$ for first 2000 of those hires was part of the FY2014 budget. Rumor has it that the first 700 of those 2000 will be hired this FY and the remaining 1300 in FY15.

Good news...maybe. Often change brings unintended negativity.
                          I expect there'll be less OT, for one thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            The $$$ for first 2000 of those hires was part of the FY2014 budget. Rumor has it that the first 700 of those 2000 will be hired this FY and the remaining 1300 in FY15.

Good news...maybe. Often change brings unintended negativity.
                            I expect there'll be less OT, for one thing.
                            That is what our field office is saying as well. The money is there but the logistics of getting 2000 bodies through the academy this fiscal year is not there. The speculation was 700 to 800 people this fiscal year.

FB

Comment

• Hey all, new here. Got my TSL on Monday. Eager for more.
                              Last edited by cdubjay; 03-07-2014, 06:11 PM.
                              Geo: SWB
                              CBPO Exam: 10.31.13
                              NOR: 93% - 11.04.13
                              TSL: 03.04.14
                              Med/PFT1: 03.14.14
                              VBT/SI: 05.19.14

Comment

• Hey everyone,

I took the exam in Detroit in October and NOR 11.08.13. Got my TSL 12/17/13 I was then offered the PT1 and medical on Jan 02. (Midwest Region) At the time I wasn't able to make it and the extension they gave me only took it out one week.
                                So my process ended there.

Overall the speed of the process surprised me, that's why I was unavailable for the PT1.

Good luck to all those still in the fight!

Does anyone when the job posting will open up again?

I'm hoping it will be before my exam score expires.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5555 users online. 295 members and 5260 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X