Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kattle View Post
    I have my VBT and SI tomorrow morning. Consensus seems to be that it is self explanatory and to use common sense so we'll
    see. How was your SI paola_ram?

    Good luck tomorrow MRS2121.
    The SI was good. They ask questions and you answer the questions based on personal experience. Good luck!!

    Comment


    • New NORs are going out with an update change of your new geographical location for those who made the change. Good luck.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        New NORs are going out with an update change of your new geographical location for those who made the change. Good luck.
        Just got my new NOR showing my region change. Kind of disappointed because I never got the Florida region email saying to change my region, so was hoping to get an email saying I couldn't change my region and my TSL will be sent soon. But least hoping now that maybe I'll get a TSL soon now that my region is changed
        Geo- Florida
        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
        NOR- 98 10/25/13
        Qual- GS 7
        TSL- 2/28/14
        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

        Comment


        • Received my TSL today, too; NE sector.

          So the PFT1 comes first. Push ups, sit ups, side steps, lift/lower tests I'll score damn near perfect. Maybe I'll practice with the lift/lower test. The step test I'm going to do a few times a week. I did a few minutes non-stop on my couch, which sucked, because of how soft the pillow is and your feet sinking in, but I wasn't too terribly winded.

          EDIT-Can anyone give a general time frame for when you receive an email stating to take the PFT1 and the PFT1 test date? Is it at least a couple of weeks until the test date?

          Also, I live in Florida. I'm curious if it's just the PFT2 that's held in Miami, or is the PFT1 also held in Miami, too. I live near Tampa, FL, and I know my VBT will be held there.

          Thank you
          Last edited by cur679; 02-28-2014, 02:47 PM.
          CBP Officer

          08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

          Comment


          • Just finished my VBT/SI. Sketchiest, most awkward thing ever lol. Thought I did awful on the VBT but must of done well enough to do the SI. Oh well. Glad that is done with.

            Comment


            • Took PFT1 on 1/8/14, CASS still is not updated. No other contact since PFT email. Starting to get a little worried here.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                Received my TSL today, too; NE sector.

                So the PFT1 comes first. Push ups, sit ups, side steps, lift/lower tests I'll score damn near perfect. Maybe I'll practice with the lift/lower test. The step test I'm going to do a few times a week. I did a few minutes non-stop on my couch, which sucked, because of how soft the pillow is and your feet sinking in, but I wasn't too terribly winded.

                EDIT-Can anyone give a general time frame for when you receive an email stating to take the PFT1 and the PFT1 test date? Is it at least a couple of weeks until the test date?

                Also, I live in Florida. I'm curious if it's just the PFT2 that's held in Miami, or is the PFT1 also held in Miami, too. I live near Tampa, FL, and I know my VBT will be held there.

                Thank you
                When I took my PFT2 it was administered in West Virginia and I lived in Alexandria, Va. I was the only BP applicant testing but there were 5 CBPO applicants also taking their version of the PFT2 and they were all from the DC, MD and VA area. I'm pretty sure CBP will try and accommodate applicants when possible by administering tests in the general area of where applicants reside. The PFT2 was also administered by one lead BP Agent and he was assisted by two CBP Officers. The PFT1 was just administered by a contracted civilian Dr at his clinic.
                Last edited by CZ_Kid; 02-28-2014, 04:34 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MRS2121 View Post
                  Just finished my VBT/SI. Sketchiest, most awkward thing ever lol. Thought I did awful on the VBT but must of done well enough to do the SI. Oh well. Glad that is done with.
                  Congrats on passing! I just got out of mine as well. There were about 20 of us and only a few got to do them at a time so it took a good 7 hours lol. Not as awkward as I thought. On to the next step!
                  Geo: SWB
                  CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                  NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                  TSL - 01/31/14
                  Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                  VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                  BI - 03/15/14
                  Poly - 04/30/14
                  BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                  Drug Test - 06/26/14
                  The Call - 06/26/14
                  PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                  EOD - 07/14/14
                  Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

                  Comment


                  • So just got my TSL for Florida region! Crazy because I got my NOR today showing they changed my region. Hope that doesn't mess anything up.
                    Geo- Florida
                    CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                    NOR- 98 10/25/13
                    Qual- GS 7
                    TSL- 2/28/14
                    PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                    VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                    VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                    BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                    BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                    BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

                    Comment


                    • Just received my TSL today Southwest region.
                      Last edited by ccortez6682; 02-28-2014, 07:26 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                        So just got my TSL for Florida region! Crazy because I got my NOR today showing they changed my region. Hope that doesn't mess anything up.
                        Same here. I got new NOR for Central East 2 days ago and this morning I got the TSL for NorthEast.

                        Comment


                        • Looks like anyone that scored a 95 or up in Florida got a tsl. Figure I score a 94. Lol I just hope that another wave get sent out soon!

                          Comment


                          • I haven't heard anything about retaking the PFT1, but I got a letter saying I passed the SI....does that count the VBT or will that be in another notification?

                            I'm really hoping I get another opportunity at that PFT.

                            Comment


                            • Scheduled my poly today....
                              Tests taken:
                              Erie County Sheriff
                              Erie County Police
                              Catt County Sheriff
                              Catt County Police
                              NYS Park Patrol Officer Trainee
                              score:85 rank:7xx
                              NYS Correction Officer score:80 rank:26xx
                              NYS Police score:97.xx rank:64xx
                              CBP

                              Comment


                              • For those who done the PFT1 how long between pushups, situps, etc do you get to rest?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6359 users online. 339 members and 6020 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X