Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'd think watching a few episodes of Border Patrol Wars/CBP on NatGeo or something would at least get you familarized with how agents pursue/interview suspects.
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
      You'd think watching a few episodes of Border Patrol Wars/CBP on NatGeo or something would at least get you familarized with how agents pursue/interview suspects.
      I email them and got the same message as you. I cannot change regions because I been referred for the pre-employment process...but no mention of that 3 weeks time period they gave you.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
        I email them and got the same message as you. I cannot change regions because I been referred for the pre-employment process...but no mention of that 3 weeks time period they gave you.
        What email did you send your region change request to?
        Geo- Florida
        CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
        NOR- 98 10/25/13
        Qual- GS 7
        TSL- 2/28/14
        PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
        VBT/SI- 5/9/14
        VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
        BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
        BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
        BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
          What email did you send your region change request to?
          [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
            You'd think watching a few episodes of Border Patrol Wars/CBP on NatGeo or something would at least get you familarized with how agents pursue/interview suspects.
            I would be very wary applying much of "TV tactics" to the CBP/OFO world, even as a fully vetted, journeyman CBPO. As an applicant, I'd stay far away from it.

It's largely heavily edited play-acting". Much of what I've seen portrayed on TV would have one heck of a time receiving justification in many "real-world" CBP work applications.

Comment

• Did anyone else get an email from USAJobs saying their CBP application status was reviewed?
              Last edited by FrankNY1985; 02-27-2014, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Hi Everyone

I took my PFT1 early January and had my VBT & SI on Tuesday. Does anyone know what comes next?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by paola_ram View Post
                  Hi Everyone

I took my PFT1 early January and had my VBT & SI on Tuesday. Does anyone know what comes next?

Thanks in advance!

How was your VBT? Pretty self-explanatory? I have mine tomorrow afternoon lol.

Comment

• I feel like the key to passing vbt might have been in the sample test questions they give you when you start the VBT. I could be wrong, but I have a good feeling about it. I will test this theory in a few weeks for my second go around.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRS2121 View Post
                      How was your VBT? Pretty self-explanatory? I have mine tomorrow afternoon lol.
                      Yes SUPER self-explanatory. The video they play is so helpful. Good luck tomorrow and do not stress!

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                        I feel like the key to passing vbt might have been in the sample test questions they give you when you start the VBT. I could be wrong, but I have a good feeling about it.
                        I agree. I do not want to jinx myself but I feel good about it too.

Comment

• I have my VBT and SI tomorrow morning. Consensus seems to be that it is self explanatory and to use common sense so we'll see. How was your SI paola_ram?

Good luck tomorrow MRS2121.
                          Geo: SWB
                          CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                          NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                          TSL - 01/31/14
                          Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                          VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                          BI - 03/15/14
                          Poly - 04/30/14
                          BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                          Drug Test - 06/26/14
                          The Call - 06/26/14
                          PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                          EOD - 07/14/14
                          Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattle View Post
                            I have my VBT and SI tomorrow morning. Consensus seems to be that it is self explanatory and to use common sense so we'll see. How was your SI paola_ram?

Good luck tomorrow MRS2121.
                            Good luck as well Kattle.

Well it's good going into this VBT hearing a little positive information. Kind of difficult to prepare for. It says business casual. Are people going to wear suits?

Comment

• Hell yea I will wear a suit. Especially if there will be an interview afterward.

Comment

• From the FAQ:
                                "Although there are no absolute requirements for attire when taking the VBT and the SI, we can tell you that your VBT will be videotaped and later reviewed by a panel of trained supervisory/managerial CBP Officers. In addition, you will be meeting with 1-2 supervisory/managerial CBP Officers during the SI. Both the VBT and the SI will take place in a professional office environment where employees are either in uniform or professional attire. Most applicants tend to dress in business attire (e.g., a suit); however, you will not be rated based on your attire. Use your best judgment."

I'm going to wear a suit. I'd rather be overdressed
                                Geo: SWB
                                CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                                NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                                TSL - 01/31/14
                                Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                                VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                                BI - 03/15/14
                                Poly - 04/30/14
                                BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                                Drug Test - 06/26/14
                                The Call - 06/26/14
                                PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                                EOD - 07/14/14
                                Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4799 users online. 219 members and 4580 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X