300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about retaking the PFT1

I took the written test in November and got a 94.

I did my VBT and SI This Thursday and did really well.

It was last Monday morning and I had gotten sick over the weekend and there was no way to reschedule it. So I decided to muscle through it and hopefully pass. Well I passed all of the medical stuff and I maxed out the first PFT part. But after nearly four minutes the step test I went light headed and fell off the steps.

Do you think in this situation they would allow me to retake the PFT considering I was sick and have great success in their tests so far?

I don't want something so ridiculous to ruin this for me knowing that on a normal day I could pass it without any difficulty.

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
      Ok, so this is odd. I just contacted MHC, and they said I can't change my geographical location. To be honest with you, my cell phone was acting up, but it sounds like the person said the reason I couldn't change my location is because I should be receiving an email soon in regards to moving on to the next step, which I'm going to assume is my TSL? I did score a 74, and I as I've said many times (lol), I selected the Northeast sector. Also, I took the test in August of 2013.

Does this make sense?

EDIT-The person also said If I don't receive an email in 3 weeks, call them back.

Yes once you receive your TSL you cannot change so that is a good sign! I received notice about it and then four days later got my TSL. Two days later I received emails. One told me the date of my VBT and the other had me schedule my medical. Good luck!

@nodbugger - Open up your PMs.
      Geo: SWB
      CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
      NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
      TSL - 01/31/14
      Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
      VBT/SI - 02/28/14
      BI - 03/15/14
      Poly - 04/30/14
      BI Cleared - 06/24/14
      Drug Test - 06/26/14
      The Call - 06/26/14
      PFT 2 - 07/11/14
      EOD - 07/14/14
      Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Ok well I have my VBT scheduled for this Friday. I understand you can't reveal specifics of the VBT but does anyone have any information or tips? Are the scenarios CBP oriented or will they be situations that any normal citizen could run into? Are there any standard interview questions? Any insight would be very helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by AH6Bird View Post
          Hi guys I am also in this same process as you all, doing my VBT next week.

Can we send private messages in this forum? I am new here. If so how?

Thanks
          There's a text box called "Forum Actions" near the top of your screen. Click the arrow to the right of that and select "General Settings." That's where you can change your PM options.

Comment

• Hey guys hope all is well! Vbt today.
            Last edited by dplizzy; 02-25-2014, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Good luck to all.
              Last edited by dplizzy; 02-25-2014, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• DP, hope you passed, but if you lose access to CASS in a few days, it might be the bad news that you failed. You never know though, but that's what happened to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dplizzy View Post
                  Ok i got a hand shakeand tgat was it for vbt...
                  If you didn't get a structured interview right after VBT most likely you failed

Comment

• Delete Post
                    Last edited by sec.check; 06-30-2014, 07:21 AM. Reason: Delete

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      There's a text box called "Forum Actions" near the top of your screen. Click the arrow to the right of that and select "General Settings." That's where you can change your PM options.

Thank you very much!

Comment

• Originally posted by dplizzy View Post
                        Ok i got a hand shakeand tgat was it for vbt...
                        Good luck let us know and what is tgat?

the email says to dress business casual, did you wear a suit and tie?

Anybody else want to share how they will dress?
                        Last edited by AH6Bird; 02-24-2014, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• AH6, I went with a suit for mine, but they failed me. I don't think it was the suit that made me fail either ha ha.

Sec. check, most likely you failed the VBT. Look for the letter in the mail in the next week or so.

Comment

• Does anyone know the phone number to IA to check on the background investigation?? Thanks

Comment

• Good luck guys!
                              Last edited by dplizzy; 02-25-2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Good luck to all!
                                Last edited by dplizzy; 02-25-2014, 08:23 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4690 users online. 202 members and 4488 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X