Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ports are actively hiring within the Midwest region?

Is Denver or St Louis hiring?

Comment

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
      Duty Locations on the Southwest Border
      - California - Many vacancies
      - Arizona - Many vacancies
      - West Texas and New Mexico - Many vacancies
      - South Texas - Many vacancies

Duty Locations on the Northern Border
      - Blaine Sector -Western Washington and Oregon - Many vacancies
      - Spokane Sector - Eastern Washington; Idaho, other than the southeastern corner of Idaho; and northwest Montana - Many vacancies
      - Havre Sector - Montana, other than northwestern Montana; southeastern Idaho - Many vacancies
      - Grand Forks Sector - North Dakota and Minnesota - Many vacancies
      - Detroit Sector - Michigan - Many vacancies
      - Buffalo Sector -Western New York and Pennsylvania - Many vacancies
      - Swanton Sector - Eastern New York and Vermont - Few vacancies
      - Houlton Sector - Maine - Few vacancies

This list was last updated 7/31/13, it seems the SWB and the Northern border have the most openings. Not sure how reliable this list is though due to the date.

I'm leaning towards picking the East/Central Coast to live more of a city life, but getting the best opportunity to get hired is my number 1 concern.
      These are Border Patrol sectors and the link in the previous post also referred to Border Patrol applicants and Border Patrol sectors. These have nothing to do with a Customs and Border Protection Officer or the Office of Field Operations.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
        These are Border Patrol sectors and the link in the previous post also referred to Border Patrol applicants and Border Patrol sectors. These have nothing to do with a Customs and Border Protection Officer or the Office of Field Operations.

FB
        Ahh, thanks for clearing that up I did not notice that.. obviously

Comment

• Here is a copy/paste of the locations as per my CBP email recieved earlier today:

• Northwest/Northern Border - States of Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota and Minnesota
          • West Coast - (to include but not limited to the following locations) San Francisco, Sacramento, Oakland, Los Angeles, and Long Beach, California; and the States of Nevada and Oregon
          • Midwest – States of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Ohio, Colorado and Michigan
          • Central/East Coast - (to include but not limited to the following locations) Queens/JFK, New York; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and the States of Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Virginia, and West Virginia
          • Southwest - (to include but not limited to the following locations) Laredo, El Paso, Fabens, Brownsville, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Pharr, Progreso, Presidio, Rio Grande City, and Roma, Texas; Andrade, Calexico, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, Tecate, and San Bernardino, California; and the States of Arizona, and New Mexico

I hope this clears everything up. Good luck.

Comment

• Well mhc said I can't change my location; I picked northeast, and that I should keep an eye out for an email for the next step, which I assume is my tsl.
            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
            02/28/14-TSL Received
            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
            07/01/14-VBT/SI
            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
            07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
              Well mhc said I can't change my location; I picked northeast, and that I should keep an eye out for an email for the next step, which I assume is my tsl.
              Sounds like a good thing

Good luck!

Comment

• Just emailed and made my decision to switch to West Coast after being told to switch since Florida is full.

Hopefully I hear something soon! Got a score of 93

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                  Well mhc said I can't change my location; I picked northeast, and that I should keep an eye out for an email for the next step, which I assume is my tsl.
                  So to confirm call them back in 3 weeks if you haven't received your TSL?

Comment

• When did everyone get the email regarding the Florida region? I have yet to get that email, so I am starting to wonder if i didn't do something right when I received my NOR. I made sure to check, multiple times, that I submitted everything that they asked me to. I scored a 98, so I thought I had a good chance.
                    Geo- Florida
                    CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                    NOR- 98 10/25/13
                    Qual- GS 7
                    TSL- 2/28/14
                    PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                    VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                    VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                    BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                    BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                    BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Hi guys I am also in this same process as you all, doing my VBT next week.

Can we send private messages in this forum? I am new here. If so how?

Thanks
                      Last edited by AH6Bird; 02-20-2014, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                        When did everyone get the email regarding the Florida region? I have yet to get that email, so I am starting to wonder if i didn't do something right when I received my NOR. I made sure to check, multiple times, that I submitted everything that they asked me to. I scored a 98, so I thought I had a good chance.
                        I got the email about Florida yesterday 2/20/14. Who knows, maybe you didn't get the email because you already got selected for Florida before it closed and havnt received the TSL yet.

Comment

• Quick question, I was just informed that an investigator went and spoke to all my references and was wondering what was next? Thanks for any insight!

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                            So to confirm call them back in 3 weeks if you haven't received your TSL?
                            Me specifically? Yes. Circumstances may not be the same for every applicant.

HR asked me for my SS, told me to look out for my junk/spam mail as I should be receiving an email pertaining to the next step. If I don't receive anything in that timeframe, call them back.
                            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                            02/28/14-TSL Received
                            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                            07/01/14-VBT/SI
                            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                            07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
                              I got the email about Florida yesterday 2/20/14. Who knows, maybe you didn't get the email because you already got selected for Florida before it closed and havnt received the TSL yet.
                              Oh that would be great but I'm not holding my breath on that Mango. I sent an email to request a region change, so I guess I'll find out soon.
                              Geo- Florida
                              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                              NOR- 98 10/25/13
                              Qual- GS 7
                              TSL- 2/28/14
                              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• I totally forgot about my medical exam which was this past friday!! Has anyone had this issue? If so where you able to reschedule?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11460 users online. 414 members and 11046 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X