300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cosgrove View Post
    Read the TSL email and don't forget to open the attachment which comes with it. It has important info on it. In my case I received an email and phone call to schedule my PT and Physical exam. I received paper work via Fed-Ex to bring with me. If something happens and you don't receive the package in time, call the number on the email and they will assist you. I then received an email for my VBT and interview. This has been my process so far, good luck. Just remember this is the federal government so some with take longer than others.
    There was no attachment in my email. Just links for the physical and how to train properly. Should I be calling them? I received my tsl like almost a month ago.

Comment

• you may wanna contact them because I got my tsl about 2 weeks ago and had my physical and pft1 yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by fightinirish99 View Post
        you may wanna contact them because I got my tsl about 2 weeks ago and had my physical and pft1 yesterday
        Did you get anything in the mail before you got called? Paperwork?

Comment

• I'm a Florida/Caribbean applicant and just got an email stating that CBP does not anticipate any further selections from their inventory for this area. They suggest that applicants change their geo to one of the 5 areas that are still being filled.

Comment

• I got that same email. When did you test?
            Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            I'm a Florida/Caribbean applicant and just got an email stating that CBP does not anticipate any further selections from their inventory for this area. They suggest that applicants change their geo to one of the 5 areas that are still being filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
              I'm a Florida/Caribbean applicant and just got an email stating that CBP does not anticipate any further selections from their inventory for this area. They suggest that applicants change their geo to one of the 5 areas that are still being filled.
              Does it say what 5 areas are being filled?
              Geo- Florida
              CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
              NOR- 98 10/25/13
              Qual- GS 7
              TSL- 2/28/14
              PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
              VBT/SI- 5/9/14
              VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
              BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
              BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
              BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Je123fl View Post
                I got that same email. When did you test?
                Haha, back in late 2010. Same time I tested for BP. Luckily I was picked up with the Patrol within a year. But I've always kept my geo Florida/Caribbean with CBP with hopes of working there since it wasn't an option with BP. It looks like I'll be changing my geo to central/east coast since my application expires in May. I've recently threw my name in the mix for CBP MIA for Florida/Caribbean so with any luck I might have an opportunity. South West is fine for me but not the family.

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                  Just stay away from SWB loll.... Checked Cass, I got Referred to Schedule Unit. Now the call is next

Comment

• Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                    Northwest/Northern Border
                    West Coast
                    Midwest
                    Central/East Coast
                    Southwest

There is a break down on what's included in each of those 5 but I'm on my iPhone and is a bit much to add but I'm sure it's listed within the CBP site.

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
                      Just stay away from SWB loll.... Checked Cass, I got Referred to Schedule Unit. Now the call is next
                      Depending on your duty station, Southwest living could be tough but as per on the job experience, it's awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                        Depending on your duty station, Southwest living could be tough but as per on the job experience, it's awesome.
                        I just receieved the email like the others have about repicking our geographic location. I was in for Florida but it seems like I'll never get that.

I'm assuming picking the South West will give me the greatest chance to get in and probably the fastest way to start my career right?

I'd love to know the hiring needs of the other locations, because I'd love to go the East coast, but I wanna get this show started ASAP and just transfer out of SWB when I can.

Comment

• Here's a better idea where there are many/few vacancies:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...ence-on-border

I chose the Northeast sector, but it isn't listed in the link, or is NE cosindered east coast?

EDIT-Looks likes NE doesn't have many vacancies if I'm right. I think I'm going to change my location to Central/East Coast.
                          Last edited by cur679; 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM.
                          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                          02/28/14-TSL Received
                          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                          07/01/14-VBT/SI
                          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Ok, so this is odd. I just contacted MHC, and they said I can't change my geographical location. To be honest with you, my cell phone was acting up, but it sounds like the person said the reason I couldn't change my location is because I should be receiving an email soon in regards to moving on to the next step, which I'm going to assume is my TSL? I did score a 74, and I as I've said many times (lol), I selected the Northeast sector. Also, I took the test in August of 2013.

Does this make sense?

EDIT-The person also said If I don't receive an email in 3 weeks, call them back.
                            CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                            02/28/14-TSL Received
                            03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                            07/01/14-VBT/SI
                            07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                            07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Duty Locations on the Southwest Border
                              - California - Many vacancies
                              - Arizona - Many vacancies
                              - West Texas and New Mexico - Many vacancies
                              - South Texas - Many vacancies

Duty Locations on the Northern Border
                              - Blaine Sector -Western Washington and Oregon - Many vacancies
                              - Spokane Sector - Eastern Washington; Idaho, other than the southeastern corner of Idaho; and northwest Montana - Many vacancies
                              - Havre Sector - Montana, other than northwestern Montana; southeastern Idaho - Many vacancies
                              - Grand Forks Sector - North Dakota and Minnesota - Many vacancies
                              - Detroit Sector - Michigan - Many vacancies
                              - Buffalo Sector -Western New York and Pennsylvania - Many vacancies
                              - Swanton Sector - Eastern New York and Vermont - Few vacancies
                              - Houlton Sector - Maine - Few vacancies

This list was last updated 7/31/13, it seems the SWB and the Northern border have the most openings. Not sure how reliable this list is though due to the date.

I'm leaning towards picking the East/Central Coast to live more of a city life, but getting the best opportunity to get hired is my number 1 concern.

Comment

• I was wondering if anyone here can offer some insight into my situation.

Ok, so I first applied to CBP in April 2012 and I have gotten to the point where they are concluding my background investigation (already had my BI interview and they visited all of my references).

Here's the thing; I originally selected FL as my region but changed it to WestCoast after getting the region change email (which is probably why my process has moved along), and MHC told me that 1. At the time of my application, I had only 2 months of the 1 year required experience to be considered GS7 and even though I now possess 2 years of experience, I would have to reapply with my current experience.

I applied in July 2013 with my experience and in FL (I want to stay in FL) with the hopes that I will be selected for that vacancy before my process is finished in the GS-5 WestCoast application, and my progress for that can be transferred over. Today I received the region change email saying that FL is not anticipating hiring, so my question is: Should I change it to WestCoast so that I can at least qualify for GS-7 or will I be able to update this without having to to change my region?

I would like to keep FL as my region so that I can transfer if they ever need people there, but if I won't be able to start at GS-7 in WC and FL won't hire for awhile I'd rather switch it to WC to start at a higher rate. I scored a 90 on the written which is probably why I was selected relatively quickly in the WC.

If anyone with knowledge of the process can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7606 users online. 386 members and 7220 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X