Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi guys, first time poster but long time lurker here. I was just wondering if there were any SE applicants who took the written exam during the recent opening Fall last year and have also received a TSL? Im aware that the SE can be a little tough to get into based on earlier posts. Any other info is also appreciated. Thanks

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Double A 8028 View Post
      I got my TSL January 29th. I am
      Scheduled for my VBT on February 26th. I can't believe I got this on a score of 74. Central east coast and eligible for 07
      What the hell? That's amazingly fast. I thought your experience and education doesn't matter when it comes to TSL? They go down the list via your score? What's your experience and education if I may ask?

      P.S. I applied for northeast. If I contact MHC to change my location, what do I say in my email? Do I just give my name and job number and tell them I want to change from the NE to Central/East region?

      Thank you

      EDIT-Is this the email to contact them?

      [email protected]

      I understand it says BP in the hyperlink, but I got the email from CBP site.
      Last edited by cur679; 02-17-2014, 03:25 PM.
      CBP Officer

      08/31/14-Tested
      02/28/14-TSL Received
      03/18/14-PFT1/MED
      07/01/14-VBT/SI
      07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
      07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

      Comment


      • EDIT-NM, I figured out my other question.

        I wanted to email MHC to change my geographical preference from Northeast to Central/East region, but I'm going to stick with NE. I did score a 74, and I just assumed other poster who also received a TSL with a score of 74 al there's a need for Central East region.

        I just read on CBP's site that there's many vacancies for POEs in the NE region (Buffalo Sector -Western New York and Pennsylvania - Many vacancies).

        Am I wrong?

        Thank you
        Last edited by cur679; 02-17-2014, 04:38 PM.
        CBP Officer

        08/31/14-Tested
        02/28/14-TSL Received
        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
        07/01/14-VBT/SI
        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kattle View Post
          Hey all. I am filling out my medical sheets now. Is the Applicant ID# that they want you to fill in at the top the same as the one to access CASS?
          Yes

          Comment


          • To Curl I did the same as you. I score a 76 for Central East and I switched to Northeast thinking 76 is too low for Central East. I think that person got lucky because I know a good amount of people who score in the 70's and haven't received a TSL for Central East.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
              To Curl I did the same as you. I score a 76 for Central East and I switched to Northeast thinking 76 is too low for Central East. I think that person got lucky because I know a good amount of people who score in the 70's and haven't received a TSL for Central East.
              Thanks for the reply, frank. As I've said, I think we have a better shot for the northeast region with many vacancies in the buffalo sector.

              I was starting to feel optimistic since the other poster received his tsl. Either way, I'm going to apply for highway patrol this summer, but I really want this cbp job.
              CBP Officer

              08/31/14-Tested
              02/28/14-TSL Received
              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
              07/01/14-VBT/SI
              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

              Comment


              • scored a 90 and have VBT on the 27th...selected buffalo regions

                Comment


                • Have my medical and PFT1 in an hour. Only really worried about my vision. Good luck all!
                  Geo: SWB
                  CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                  NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                  TSL - 01/31/14
                  Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                  VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                  BI - 03/15/14
                  Poly - 04/30/14
                  BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                  Drug Test - 06/26/14
                  The Call - 06/26/14
                  PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                  EOD - 07/14/14
                  Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

                  Comment


                  • If you pass, how long after the polygraph do they usually call you for the pft2?

                    Comment


                    • I received an email yesterday stating I am scheduled for my VBT and interview for march 6th at 8am. About one month after my pt and physical. I picked the north west area

                      Comment


                      • Hey Guys i asked this question earlier and no one responded so I just wanted to ask it again. I am just going to copy and past it.

                        "Hey guys, I just got my TSL last week and i have a couple of questions. The email was a little confusing to me.

                        Am i expected to get forms in my physical mail or is everything done electronically because i have not seen anything in my mailbox since i got my TSL. I see in some peoples sig's that right after they got their TSL's they were scheduled for other parts of the test. How quickly will i be contacted within the next couple of months for these next segments of the test?

                        Thanks for the help guys and good luck "

                        I scored an 80 and first choice central/east cost and second choice was north east.

                        Comment


                        • Does anyone have any information on the Florida region? Thinking about changing my region, but not sure if I should just wait it out or not.
                          Geo- Florida
                          CBPO Exam- 9/25/13
                          NOR- 98 10/25/13
                          Qual- GS 7
                          TSL- 2/28/14
                          PFT1/Medical- 3/12/14
                          VBT/SI- 5/9/14
                          VBT/SI- eligible 5/14/14
                          BI E-QIP received- 10/03/14
                          BI E-QIP submitted- 10/06/14
                          BI E-QIP in Security Office- 01/06/15

                          Comment


                          • I took the test for Florida...got my nor in September got a 94 and have heard nothing...
                            Originally posted by joshk24 View Post
                            Does anyone have any information on the Florida region? Thinking about changing my region, but not sure if I should just wait it out or not.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nybaseball5 View Post
                              Hey Guys i asked this question earlier and no one responded so I just wanted to ask it again. I am just going to copy and past it.

                              "Hey guys, I just got my TSL last week and i have a couple of questions. The email was a little confusing to me.

                              Am i expected to get forms in my physical mail or is everything done electronically because i have not seen anything in my mailbox since i got my TSL. I see in some peoples sig's that right after they got their TSL's they were scheduled for other parts of the test. How quickly will i be contacted within the next couple of months for these next segments of the test?

                              Thanks for the help guys and good luck "

                              I scored an 80 and first choice central/east cost and second choice was north east.
                              I got my TSL email but never got anything in the mail. I never got an e-QiP. I was sent an email about my vbt which is next week and I got an email saying to call to schedule my medical/pft1. You should be getting emails soon. I got a 92.
                              Geo: SWB
                              CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                              NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                              TSL - 01/31/14
                              Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                              VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                              BI - 03/15/14
                              Poly - 04/30/14
                              BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                              Drug Test - 06/26/14
                              The Call - 06/26/14
                              PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                              EOD - 07/14/14
                              Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

                              Comment


                              • Read the TSL email and don't forget to open the attachment which comes with it. It has important info on it. In my case I received an email and phone call to schedule my PT and Physical exam. I received paper work via Fed-Ex to bring with me. If something happens and you don't receive the package in time, call the number on the email and they will assist you. I then received an email for my VBT and interview. This has been my process so far, good luck. Just remember this is the federal government so some with take longer than others.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5942 users online. 304 members and 5638 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X